GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#266988 - 01/22/08 02:57 PM Evil Under the Sun
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
I just installed this game, played through the preliminaries & decided to save the game before I start to get really stuck in eek there were already about 8 or 9 save games there already! crazy Out of interest I went to Load & I didn't go ahead but it seemed there was the potential to load these saves as well! woozy I only got the game a few days ago & definitely haven't installed or played it before now. I haven't come across this before - is this part of the game set-up!!????? think

#267065 - 01/22/08 05:25 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: chrissie]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Chrissie it is not part of the set-up, nor is it possible to come off the disk, because if you save it does not write to the disk, it writes to your hard drive.

I would go look in your save folder and see when they were saved. Perhaps some one else in your house played?

#267091 - 01/22/08 06:03 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
The saved games were there for me as well. I thought it most odd, but assumed they were put there by the developer as a back-up in case of system crashes? I should have loaded one or two up just to see exactly where they placed you in the game, but forgot about them after a while; I was too intent on playing my own game!

#267448 - 01/23/08 12:21 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: Rushes]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Rushes, thank you! - sanity restored! lol

Hi BrownEyedTigre, I had only installed the game less than an hour before I discovered all the saves! The only other person in my household is my partner who is not interested in my AGs one bit! (although he will help me with timed puzzles/arcade games etc if I need it! kissy) The saves are all dated 2007 & as I've had the game for less than a week! - they must have been installed from the game disc. I think Rushes is probably right in that they are there for back-up in case of system crashes which seems a really good idea! but would have been less perplexing if it had been mentioned in the game manual - well, I couldn't find it mentioned! smile

#267651 - 01/23/08 07:44 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: chrissie]
looney4labs Online   content
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
This is really interesting. It made me go take a look at the game folder, but the only saves in mine are the ones I made. crazy

#267969 - 01/24/08 11:21 AM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: looney4labs]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi looney4labs, my game folder was full of saves when I looked & I've only saved once so far! Seems as if different versions were released in different parts of the world - I still find it an unusual thing to do though! smile

#268042 - 01/24/08 01:42 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: chrissie]
Butcher Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Larnaca, Cyprus
Maybe newer copies come with this included?

R.I.P Cliff Burton

#268054 - 01/24/08 02:06 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: Butcher]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I don't know, but it is interesting. puppy

#268087 - 01/24/08 03:42 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: looney4labs]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

looney4labs, interesting enough to fire off an E-mail to The Adventure Company! I'll let you know if/when I get a response!!! smile

#272093 - 02/01/08 03:20 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: chrissie]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

It's been over a week but I got a reply - no info yet & I've just responded with an attachment of saved games from the disc & a current Dx Diag text! There was no mention in the reply of any versions of this game including pre-saved games so I am waiting with interest - will again let you know! smile

#272162 - 02/01/08 05:50 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: chrissie]
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Still waiting. sad Thanks for letting us know.

#272169 - 02/01/08 06:04 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: looney4labs]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
chrissie, did you load up any of the saves to see if they placed you at strategic points in the game? I've already uninstalled my own game now, otherwise I would check too. Perhaps we're the only 2 people in existence with a folder full of ready-made saves. lol

#272329 - 02/02/08 02:37 AM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: Rushes]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Rushes, I will definitely try that when I've finished the game - I wouldn't be able to identify the saves as strategic points before then without spoiling things!!

My guess though would be, by the way the saves are labelled, that this is a version produced for testing purposes & was not intended to be released for retail. Possibly why JoWood asked me for the save folder & the DxDiag text. smile

#274809 - 02/06/08 01:20 PM Re: Evil Under the Sun [Re: chrissie]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well! after all that I got the most 'informative' reply today:

"there may auto saves in your saves folder which are generated automatically" crazy

That seems like a total fob off to me so, I've replied & pointed out that the saves are dated 2007 & I didn't buy the game until 2008 (which I received brand new & sealed from a reputable online store), also, I haven't played through enough of the game to generate the later auto saves & that these must have been installed along with the game! I haven't had any problems with the game so not complaining - just curious! smile

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (kjos, oldbroad, Chuck M, stevefox, SharonB, escakacs, CanukDenis, looney4labs, 2 invisible), 99 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour
8419 Registered Users