GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Good games that infuriate you! [Re: Jenny100] #293057
03/12/08 08:07 PM
03/12/08 08:07 PM
Vienna, Austria
Jehane Offline
Settled Boomer
Jehane  Offline
Settled Boomer

Vienna, Austria
There's a GK1 installer? I still have the game, of course - took me ages to find it, I won't give that one away, ever smile Not even for $ 80 or more. It's part of the GK Mysteries Box including The Beast Within; Sins of the Fathers comes on CD, German texts but English voices - they're kind of stuttering since my computer seems to be way too fast, even when using DosBox smile I'll give the game another go as soon as possible; I'll have to start from scratch, though, because my saves for the game are on my old computer which crashed (or rather, something in there went *bang* and then it started to smell like sth burning...). I got a walkthrough as well (came with the box) but it was no use at this point; maybe with screenshots, I can pass the bloody mummies... smile

Shiny.
Re: Good games that infuriate you! [Re: Jehane] #293242
03/13/08 08:22 AM
03/13/08 08:22 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

Re: Good games that infuriate you! [Re: Jenny100] #293285
03/13/08 10:04 AM
03/13/08 10:04 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Jenny, good point about the GK installer. I did use that when I played it recently and it was easy to get through that part (probably because it was slowed down).

Now the maze in GK2 was a different story for me. I did make it through (after many tries) years ago when the game was new and I still don't know how I did it back then. I replayed it recently and I just couldn't do it. I resorted to seeing the ending again in a You Tube video!

Re: Good games that infuriate you! [Re: Jehane] #293432
03/13/08 04:06 PM
03/13/08 04:06 PM
london uk
chrissie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Hi Jehane, sounds like you have the similar boxed version of both games that I have. I've had GK1 for years, was able to play it, just about! (in a small screen), but was unable to save games so had to put it on hold.

I came across this wonderful XP installer & was able to play the game for the 1st time over a year ago! (with the option of playing in small or full sized very pixellated screen!!) - the mummy part was difficult but possible & thought the game was one of the best!!

I tracked down the link to the installer - Jenny100 has already posted it! praise - it's well worth downloading & there is also one for GK2 on the same link.

I was able to play GK2 quite a few years ago on XP but had to play it in a small screen - with the installer I could opt to have the full screen & the game ran smoothly. smile

Re: Good games that infuriate you! [Re: chrissie] #293463
03/13/08 04:56 PM
03/13/08 04:56 PM
Vienna, Austria
Jehane Offline
Settled Boomer
Jehane  Offline
Settled Boomer

Vienna, Austria
Wow, cool smile Thanks guys smile I already have the installer for GK2 and also used it; seems to work fine on my computer except that my screen is not entirely suited for this kind of game - flatscreens seem to mess up the graphics a little, at least I get strange horizontal streaks.
As for the GK1 installer: I believe I have installed the game on my computer but without using the installer. Do I just delete the game and re-install it, using the installer?

@misa: The maze in GK2 is awful. I got through it like this: I made a screenshot, numbered all the rooms, started out in number 9 (I think - it's been a while), closed the doors after checking on the map that I had picked the right doors, i.e. those closing off the rear rooms with the exit. Saved after the first section, then went forward. I still got the notes for this part of the game; in fact, I wrote a whole walkthrough because I know I'll have forgotten how to do it next time I play the game smile

Edit: Just tried to run the installer. It's not working properly, telling me that it can't find certain .avi-files on the GK disc. I skipped that part and completed installing the game, but it won't start up. Guess it's DosBox after all for me..

Yet another edit: Turned out the installer and fiddling with DosBox aren't working but by pure chance I found a patch that solved all GK1-related problems for me. Now it's working and I'm happy as a lark tomato broccoli yay

Last edited by Jehane; 03/13/08 06:04 PM.

Shiny.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users