GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#277184 - 02/11/08 10:30 AM Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs
birddog Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Colorado
I really prefer mouse point and click, 1st person where the pov is directly ahead of you. Dead Reefs seems really interesting but I am having such trouble mastering keyboard controls. Any helpful ideas? For those of you who like the keyboard, what makes it work for you?

#277205 - 02/11/08 11:28 AM Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs [Re: birddog]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

birddog,

Let's wait for some other gamers that changed the settings of the keyboard to help you.
I didn't change mine when I played. After several puzzles and moving around town, I got used to it.
Play more and maybe you'll get used to it too.
It's a fun game.

#277206 - 02/11/08 11:34 AM Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs [Re: MaG]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I didn't change anything except that I used the shift key to make the character walk instead of run. I found this much easier to control.

#277234 - 02/11/08 12:35 PM Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs [Re: birddog]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Hi birddog, I'm not a great fan of keyboard control & put off playing this game longer than I intended because of it! I was pleasantly surprised when I did start the game, I used the default settings & got used to them after a while. You can play this game at your own pace so you have plenty of time to 'practise' & IMO it's a game worth making the effort for! smile

#277237 - 02/11/08 12:39 PM Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs [Re: chrissie]
birddog Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Colorado
Thanks Nickie and Chrissie - I guess I need to have more patience. And if you say the game is worth the effort, it helps.

#277318 - 02/11/08 03:09 PM Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs [Re: birddog]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
The game is worth the effort! I did adjust to the controls, but found myself pressing the wrong keys often, even after practicing. I suspect that the level of adjustment depends on the individual.

#277326 - 02/11/08 03:29 PM Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs [Re: Becky]
Sassafras Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ormond By The Sea ,Florida
I changed my controls so the movements were the arrow keys and the inventory , etc were the numbers 8,4,6,2 . I like to do everything with my right hand!! i got used to it very quickly once i changed it. I loved this game- probly my favorite one of 2007!

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (J. King, deleterman, BrownEyedTigre, BobH, Iurii, Collector, manxman, arlene, GuybrushThreepwood, 1 invisible), 81 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users