GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live Status Just Announced [Re: Jenny] #279990
02/16/08 04:29 PM
02/16/08 04:29 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Nope Jenny, you were right. There was one that needed a lot of folks---8 was ideal but you could do it with fewer--but not a whole lot fewer.

Soot and I were able to do one of the ones that required a group by ourselves, but that was only because we sit side by side and communicating with each other was fast and efficient.

Those group puzzles could be really frustrating depending on the group's expertise and to some extent, on lag. One time Soot and I were trying to do it, and one person missed their cue every single time which meant everyone had to do it again.

We finally left and came back later to find a different group. That group got through it on the second or third try. wave

Online MMORPG's do often require a group to take down a big boss, or at least that is what my WoW son tells me.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live Status Just Announced [Re: Becky] #280238
02/17/08 12:20 AM
02/17/08 12:20 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
I actually like the puzzles that required us to get in groups to help out. In many of the groups I've been in, we've had more than enough people. And I find it fun to feel like I am helping others reach the goals in the game, the same way people helped me when I needed those puzzles. Granted, sometimes you get an inexperienced person leading the event but everyone is very nice and supportive.

But the puzzles that require large groups are not the norm in MOUL. The majority of the puzzles and adventures can be done on your own, if preferred. I did a mixture when solving my ages. Some things I did on my own and some I did with others - both for help and to have some fun together. It's great fun to run around the Cavern with others, especially Boomies. smile

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live Status Just Announced [Re: Celtic Lark] #280757
02/18/08 01:03 AM
02/18/08 01:03 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
GameTap started out looking like a "family friendly" online gaming portal -- lots of educational games and a significant catalog of adventure titles, with new adventures being added almost every month, plus MOUL and Sam & Max as GameTap Originals.

Then, a few months ago, GameTap revamped their site, started selling games in a new online GameTap shop, and added features that clearly were aimed at the younger, more action-oriented "hardcore" gamer.

Since then, they've pretty much stopped adding new adventures to their catalog, except the kind that can also go into the action category as well. frown Their game shop (as distinct from the GameTap online portal games) lists only 2 adventure titles -- both Sam & Max.

I wonder if the decision to shutter MOUL also has something to do with this new direction.

MOUL may not have been generating enough industry "buzz." So that, (I'm really guessing here), in addition to not generating the numbers of players GameTap was expecting, MOUL wasn't generating the amount of high profile attention from the general gaming press that GameTap was expecting either.

For example, look at the number of feature articles on Gamerankings for Sam & Max: Culture Shock (51), or World of Warcraft (91), or Tomb Raider Anniversary (29), and then look at the number of feature articles for MOUL (9).

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live Status Just Announced [Re: Becky] #281097
02/18/08 02:17 PM
02/18/08 02:17 PM
New York
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mary  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
I think Jenny100 makes an excellent point. Even if I had a fast connection, I would not have joined this online group. I loved, loved, loved the Myst series, but I loved it BECAUSE of the solitary feeling, not in spite of it. And I like doing WHAT I want WHEN I want to do it. In any case, it's a moot point.

The answer is....chocolate! Who cares what the question is.....
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live Status Just Announced [Re: Mary] #281132
02/18/08 04:03 PM
02/18/08 04:03 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
I think what they really meant was....not enough support from the MOUL'ers for the other games GameTap had to offer and not actually for MOUL! To me that seems to make more sense..how can a game not be popular when at times you could not get into an area because filled to capacity???....Mary...i too like the solitary play and this was my first time to do 'group' play at times...and i have mixed feelings...first: did enjoy it when i had to do it...because had the nicest 'boomers from our 'hood help me, seceond: wished there had been a way a single player could have accomplished the puzzle. I also had an issue w/the jumping and a couple of the 'timed' puzzles BUT had i know when i was trying to do them i might have been able to get some help w/them that might have changed my mind on those timed puzzles. I did finally get more comfortable in the game and was able to enjoy the 'chat' ..and now....pffuittt....drat!

Last edited by gamenut; 02/18/08 04:08 PM.
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live Status Just Announced [Re: gamenut] #282847
02/21/08 03:50 PM
02/21/08 03:50 PM
Iowa
sassysown Offline
Settled Boomer
sassysown  Offline
Settled Boomer

Iowa
Thanks

Last edited by sassysown; 02/21/08 04:43 PM.

Sassy

"The end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." - unknown
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pandora), 175 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users