GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#279972 - 02/16/08 02:53 PM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Volkana]
Sally(MG) Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Canada
Adventure game tricks, heh...Click on anything that looks remotely suspiciously out of place. Hey, is that a piece of splinter sticking out of the wood? It's a key! I'm a very bad pixel hunter. frown

Volkana/ If you want big pockets, look no further than the Monkey Island series - hehe, where were you putting THAT Guybrush?

It really boggles the mind that everybody seem to want to lock a door with a key and leave the key there. razz It's almost like they want you to get out.

#279973 - 02/16/08 02:56 PM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Rushes]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Crowbars and ropes--what would adventure gamers do without them? lol

My special favorite was using a frozen worm to open a door in Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths...rotfl

#279977 - 02/16/08 03:09 PM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Jenny]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Funny though, isn't it - our hero/heroine sets out on his/her quest to do some big-time adventuring - and they "forget" EVERYTHING that could be useful to them. No pocketknife, no matches, no money even. Pockets full of zilch. Then it's "Oh shucks, I really need such-and-such, now where might I find it?" The end result is me shouting at my monitor: "You should have thought of that before you left home, you great nit!"

#280049 - 02/16/08 04:59 PM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Rushes]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brazil
Well everybody already told all tricks, but i always try combine all the things of inventory. And of course i always playing with pen and paper in my side for to note everything that i see.

Edited by Phoebe (02/16/08 08:54 PM)

#280064 - 02/16/08 05:28 PM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Rushes]
Sally(MG) Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Rushes
Funny though, isn't it - our hero/heroine sets out on his/her quest to do some big-time adventuring - and they "forget" EVERYTHING that could be useful to them. No pocketknife, no matches, no money even. Pockets full of zilch.

Then Arthur Dent brings along pocket fluff. Pocket fluff!

"It always seem like I could use a few hundred pieces of eight on my adventures."

#280073 - 02/16/08 05:40 PM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Jenny]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
Originally Posted By: Jenny

My special favorite was using a frozen worm to open a door in Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths...rotfl

You're kidding? A frozen worm? rotfl

I did remember one more trick and i also use it recently. It's the one you take a simple bottle of the garbage and you make an excellent wine or champagne by putting things in it (for bribing different characters usually drunkers). In the last game i played, i put a strawberry ice cream in the bottle to make the liquid inside look like wine. An expensive one...

Edited by Volkana (02/16/08 05:51 PM)

#280146 - 02/16/08 07:52 PM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Volkana]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Originally Posted By: Volkana
You're kidding? A frozen worm? rotfl

Not kidding at all--
Click to reveal..
there was a sort of shack that you needed to get into, and the only way to do it was to freeze the worm and use it to poke in the keyhole and open the door!

It was a really fun game, if you like your puzzles slightly weird. I know it drove some very logical type gamers crazy...lol

#280267 - 02/17/08 02:53 AM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: Jenny]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
Jenny was that game Tony Though by any chance.Sorry did nt see the message above duh wave

Edited by dragonuk44 (02/17/08 02:54 AM)

#280307 - 02/17/08 08:03 AM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: dragonuk44]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
How about doors that always open away from you no matter which direction you're coming from. And a crowbar should always be in your inventory by default.

#280409 - 02/17/08 11:10 AM Re: Famous Adventure Tricks [Re: RayBres]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
Crowbars, rusty pipes etc... I can even remember how many times i used a crowbar or something similar to open a door, a window, a crate. Very useful indeed...
The new one in this category was the frozen worm that is mentioned above. I just can't forget about it... lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (Kaki's Sister, Moondancer, kjos, oldman, cailyn), 58 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision, bunnybear13
8565 Registered Users