GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#280224 - 02/16/08 10:53 PM Having Fun w/ Blackwell Unbound :)
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Colorado, USA
Hi everyone. I just wanted to post that I've been playing Blackwell Unbound tonight, and am having a ball with it! I just love the graphics they use in these games; it's sort of old-school in a wonderfully creative way, and the characters are just great! I want to tout this game as a great way to spend an evening (or more) because I've just been having a blast. smile

Not only do you get to look at adorable graphics and enjoy getting to know Lauren (Rosa's Mom I believe), and Joey the ghost, but you get to solve mysteries and play private eye right along with them. It's so neat to have a game that's light-hearted and fun, but with a spooky edge to it, and I think Dave Gilbert has done a fantastic job with these Blackwell games.

I just wanted to toot a horn in honor of them, and to share my thoughts in case anyone else is sitting at home tonight bored and wishing they could find something really enjoyable to play. I think you'll have as much fun with this one (and its predecessor) as I am!

Cat, off to log back into the game and into the mystery!

#280225 - 02/16/08 10:56 PM Re: Having Fun w/ Blackwell Unbound :) [Re: Tracy]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I'm glad you are having a great time! Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

#280268 - 02/17/08 02:55 AM Re: Having Fun w/ Blackwell Unbound :) [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
I cant wait for nbr 3 another game I need lol

#280404 - 02/17/08 11:05 AM Re: Having Fun w/ Blackwell Unbound :) [Re: dragonuk44]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: PA, USA
I love Dave Gilbert's games! When you're done Unbound and are waiting for Convergence, check out his game The Shivah as well. Different characters and story but you'll notice one familiar name at the very beginning.

Another great game of his is Two of a Kind which is free.

I love indy "underground" games. smile

#281486 - 02/19/08 10:00 AM Re: Having Fun w/ Blackwell Unbound :) [Re: misa]
jldcat Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Funny enough I just started to play Unbound myself over the weekend and am also enjoying it immensely. Sometimes, I kind of get sick of all the spectacular blow your mind type graphics and just want a plain old story driven, clue finding game.

#281494 - 02/19/08 10:11 AM Re: Having Fun w/ Blackwell Unbound :) [Re: Tracy]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I played Blackwell Unbound a few weeks ago, too. I didn't know what to expect but I'd seen a lot of people post here about the series so I downloaded it. Cat pegged it exactly - light-hearted but with a spooky edge. Makes you a little apprehensive but nothing terrifying.

URU KI #03564317

#281553 - 02/19/08 11:55 AM Re: Having Fun w/ Blackwell Unbound :) [Re: Celtic Lark]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Oh yes! Blackwell Unbound was a great game and I enjoyed it very much all the way. Joey is fun and Lauren (Rosa's Aunt actually) was a neat character to play too. It is a game that involves the player, not a technology showcase with the game as something just added on as a secondary feature, or so it seems to me.

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (DBK, kjos, Pandora, Marian, FrkBrok, niteowl07, GBC, jimrh69, bermag45, Cathy1), 83 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Aleksi, golephish, DotEmu, JoyBunBun, Cabb
8546 Registered Users