GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#285145 - 02/25/08 07:46 PM Re: darkness within [Re: Becky]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brazil
Hey gamenut is great news..i cant wait! thumbsup

Edited by Phoebe (03/04/08 03:19 PM)

#285442 - 02/26/08 12:05 PM Re: darkness within [Re: Phoebe]
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hiding Under a Rock
I was glad of the reply and to hear they're working on the 2nd..but i sure am impatient!

#287529 - 03/02/08 08:24 AM Re: darkness within [Re: robedits]
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
Hi you all smile I was just wondering if I can put my two cents in ...
I started this game after work ... the moment it arrived (the comments were so great that I thought Id give it a try) anyway, I was intrigued in the beginning but was very sad when I had to learn to manuver the pencil to underline certain things to keep advancing into the game (The birth/death certificate..for example) I felt like I was back in high school ... I wish they would had kept it a little more simple like maybe just clicking in a square that showed the birth/death ... anyway I got to as far as Ivar house at midnight and well thats where I couldnt take it anymore ........
what exactly were these people who made this game thinking?????I could not see "Anything" I got oh I dont know eaten - destroyed - sent to hell??? I couldnt even see what the heck was going on am I the only one who felt like this???
Yes I do agree the graphics - scenes - and the heart pounding sound were above what I expected very good even the footsteps lol ... anyway I became more and more disappointed into the game because of the fact that "Yes it is Dark!" I wish to tell the people who made this game very well done But it got darker and darker! if you could please give it a little light Id appreciate it you know some of us are past fifty redface I thank you all for listening smile
and ok I will try to resume this game again one day ... I had to put it down because I was getting frustrated in getting pulled to hell ... anyway Thanks for listening and letting me put my two cents in smile

#287589 - 03/02/08 10:09 AM Re: darkness within [Re: Leeana]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Leeana, I completely agree with you regarding the underlining puzzles. I found these very frustrating. For one document in particular, the information that you needed to be able to underline a particular passage had not yet been discovered - but the game gave you no way of realising this. I tried underlining until I was blue in the face, wondering why it didn't work...

I didn't have a problem with the light, I thought the underground passages were fairly well lit. smile

#287593 - 03/02/08 10:18 AM Re: darkness within [Re: Rushes]
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
Hi Rushes, just a question whenever I take this game back out do you think maybe there is an options bar that I can make it lighter? or maybe I can do something to my computer to lighten this game ...??? I was also wondering on how you bypassed the jail and hiding?? I just could not find it again it all goes back to the "Light" situation I had going I guess anyway thank you for your reply wave

#287596 - 03/02/08 10:20 AM Re: darkness within [Re: Rushes]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Leeana -- even in mid-game, you can go into the Options menu and change the settings to make the underlining easier -- it gives you a feature with a "button" you can click that underlines the next clue for you. Unfortunately, this still won't underline sentences that give information that you haven't hit the "trigger" for yet, but it does help a lot.

There are also graphical settings you can tweak in the Options menu.

Like Rushes, I didn't have any problem with dark environments in the game -- though I did see a review by someone who did have this problem, and I was surprised at how differently ths screen captures he took differed from what I was seeing on my computer!

#287606 - 03/02/08 10:51 AM Re: darkness within [Re: Becky]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Leeana, an old monitor can sometimes affect the graphics quality of games that are dimly lit. But in addition to what Becky says, you could try adjusting the settings using the buttons on your monitor.

#287621 - 03/02/08 11:51 AM Re: darkness within [Re: Rushes]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
I played a game once i think it was Broken Sword 3 and i ended it without a problem. However when i start replaying it after a few months i couldn't see a thing in a particular room (storage room i think it was). I tried to change the brightness of my screen but although the bar was to the highest point again i couldn't see anything. My monitor was the same but i thing it had a serious problem with brightness. So i changed my monitor and everything was back to normal. I think if i play a game in 10 different monitors i will have 10 different brightnesses... As for Darkness Within i didn't have any trouble with the brightness of the game. Only with the scary factor... lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (Flo NS, looney4labs, BrownEyedTigre, curly, Iurii, Draclvr, Gimme, Henny Tiben, kjos, GBC), 80 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users