GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#292575 - 03/11/08 09:35 PM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Jehane]
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: the Netherlands
I agree with Jehane that the GK series is one of the few that kept getting better and better and indeed GK3 is one of my all times favorites. Another series that is still improving is the Sherlock Holmes series, although the last one (SH vs. AL) had a slightly less compelling story compared to the Awakened.

Bernard

#292610 - 03/12/08 12:33 AM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Jehane]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Sometimes I like the original better...

I liked the first Monkey Island game the best. My second favorite is the 3rd in the series.
I liked Syberia a lot better than Syberia 2.

I liked the first 3 Myst games better than the last two. I find it hard to say which of those first three was better because they had different strengths.

The first Tomb Raider is my favorite and I like it WAY more than any of the others.

Riddle of the Sphinx was better than Omega Stone as a game, though Omega Stone had a lot of technical improvements.

Despite a few pixel hunts, I liked the first Gabriel Knight game the best overall. It had the best interactivity.

Runaway was better than Runaway 2.

Dracula Resurrection was better than Dracula Last Sanctuary.

As an adventure game, The Longest Journey was WAY better than Dreamfall.

7th Guest was better than 11th Hour.

Shivers was better than Shivers 2.

On the other hand...

In most ways, Atlantis II was better than Atlantis I.

I liked Schizm 2 better than the first Schizm. The puzzles were too tough for me in the first one. I'm not sure which is the better game though.

I liked Zork Grand Inquisitor. It's hard to compare it with the early Zork text games, but it's also better than the first graphical Zork game, Return to Zork.

King's Quest 6 is definitely better than King's Quest 1.

Nancy Drew 1 and 2 were the worst ones IMO.

The first AGON game was not the best one.

My favorite RHEM game is the second one.

The first Agatha Christie game was not the best one. I think Evil Under the Sun is the best one so far.

Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive were better than the first Tex Murphy games, Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum.

So far my favorite Sherlock Holmes game is Silver Earring, despite that loudmouth dog. Of the earlier Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes games, Rose Tattoo was better than Serrated Scalpel, if only because it had full sound.

Day of the Tentacle was better than Maniac Mansion.

I think Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is the best Indiana Jones game. I think it was the 3rd Indiana Jones game -- certainly not the first anyway.

Egypt I (Egypt 1156 B.C.) was much worse than the later Egypt games (Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy and Egypt III: The Egyptian Prophecy).

#292778 - 03/12/08 09:22 AM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Jenny100]
Jehane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted By: Jenny100

I liked Syberia a lot better than Syberia 2.

The first AGON game was not the best one.

How could I forget Syberia? I agree with you that the original Syberia was a lot better than the sequel even though the sequel had its qualities as well.
@Agon: Are you talking about the first episode here? The one in London? I have The Mysterious Codex and was pretty surprised how short this first episode turned out to be; if I had downloaded it and had paid 10 dollars for it, I would have felt cheated. The third episode (Madagascar) is a lot better than the first and second episode; it's longer and has more challenging puzzles. And it has a maze even I could beat grin Looking forward to The Lost Sword of Toledo; it's not yet been released over here smile

#292801 - 03/12/08 10:04 AM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Jehane]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Jehane -- the Lost Sword of Toledo has been released in the UK. You can purchase it at play.com here, though I don't know if they ship to the rest of Europe.

#292824 - 03/12/08 10:38 AM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Becky]
Jehane Offline
Settled Boomer

@Becky: I know but the German version should be on its way already, it's to be released today, I think smile Play.com does ship to the rest of Europe, btw smile

#292978 - 03/12/08 03:31 PM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Jehane]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
That's good to know -- thanks!

#293005 - 03/12/08 04:42 PM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Becky]
Kickaha Offline
GB Special Events Reporter
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Cambridge, England
For me Journeyman Project 3 was the best in the series, shame they never made a fourth.

#293065 - 03/12/08 08:30 PM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Jehane]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Jehane
Agon: Are you talking about the first episode here? The one in London?

Yes. I bought the downloaded episodes before we knew the game would be released on CD. Unlike some downloadable games, they don't require online activation and the key they send you can be used on computers that aren't allowed online.

Quote:
I have The Mysterious Codex and was pretty surprised how short this first episode turned out to be; if I had downloaded it and had paid 10 dollars for it, I would have felt cheated.

Yes the first episode was short. The later episodes are longer, and IMO more interesting.

#293209 - 03/13/08 07:05 AM Re: Original or Sequel ?? [Re: Jenny100]
Jehane Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Agon:
Yes the first episode was short. The later episodes are longer, and IMO more interesting.

I think so too, and from what I've heard, episode 4 seems to be longer than all previous episodes together so I'm really looking forward to that game. Should make its way to my mailbox any day now smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (flutist, Marian, auntiegram, manxman, LeBelleRachael, Barb, Gimme, BrownEyedTigre, looney4labs, 1 invisible), 61 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision
8566 Registered Users