GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#300190 - 03/25/08 08:24 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: MousePower]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
No glitches as long as you download the updated patch. wink (Time-travelling walkie talkies can be a little frustrating!)

#300239 - 03/25/08 10:40 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Rushes]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: PA, USA
Oh gosh. I just finished it and it was amazing from the start to the end. My favourite parts were:

- art direction (loved the use of black and white and colour splashes)
- creepiness
- using all the ghost hunting tools
- storyline and "history" of Saxton and surrounding areas

I am really hoping there is a sequel! smile

Now I have to play Dark Fall 1 & 2 along with Barrow Hill. I have them both and almost traded them but glad that I kept them.

Edited by misa (03/25/08 10:40 PM)

#300254 - 03/25/08 11:57 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: misa]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I liked where Lucy karate kicked down the door instead of fooling with the latch.

#300259 - 03/26/08 12:43 AM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Volkana]
JonathanBoakes Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saxton
Dear Saxton Village Council,

Long have you known that there is something wrong with our village. It is constantly shrouded in fog. The locals move in a strange way (robotic doesn't even come close!), and the food is eccentric at best (spring rolls and chicken pie? to feed to a pig??!!! How is one expected to eat around here!!!). Plus, you insist on painting our community in only black and white terms!

There is a puzzle at the heart of our community, that I wish to bring to peoples attention. I am a Saxton resident, and have been for many years. I love this town. But...I must admit...it's rather odd.

A flustered Saxton Resident (drinking tea)

P.s. Just you wait till voting day!!!

P.p.s. http://www.thelostcrown.co.uk/realsaxton

#300332 - 03/26/08 07:40 AM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: ]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
Rumor has it that that villainous lawyer fellow from Scratches has gone on the run and may have gone to Saxton, where he'd be posing as a resident to hide his true criminal self. The previous correspondent is, how shall I say, something of a fit there. Not that I wish to accuse...

#300372 - 03/26/08 09:56 AM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: RayBres]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Did anyone else read the credits at the end? I thought Jonathan did a great job doing the vocals for Nigel and many other characters. Also it was a treat to see how much Matt Clark was involved in the game (even though I haven't played Barrow Hill yet).

Oh, forgot to mention that I thought the music and ambient sounds created for the game were spot on!

As for the lack of gore factor, I agree that you don't need gore to create a suspenseful or scary game. It's interesting because I never feel suspense when I see gore in a game or a movie. It's usually the creepiness factor (sounds, settings, etc.) that scares me. The Lost Crown was perfect for this.

Did anyone else jump in the museum at night? I sure did! Also was anyone else reminded of "The Others" when playing this? That film also used no gore and took advantage of setting and audio to keep viewers on their toes.

Anyway, I just can't say enough about this game!

#300458 - 03/26/08 12:24 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: misa]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: misa
Now I have to play Dark Fall 1 & 2 along with Barrow Hill. I have them both and almost traded them but glad that I kept them.

*gasp* Trade them without playing them?! eek lol I've regretted loading up a few games but those three are as far from that list as they can possibly be.

Uhhh... *looking around worriedly* It would seem that the off-colour residents of creepy Saxton are invading our well-ordered world here on GB. evil At least he's friendly and sent the link to that helpful map. lol

RayBres - I'm liking that theory...

URU KI #03564317

#300461 - 03/26/08 12:27 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Volkana]
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: cornwall england
Hi Celtic Lark,if you are coming to the UK and want to see the village of Sexton in real life then you have to come to Cornwall. It was actuely photoed mainly in the village of Polperro, a charming place to visit and you can't get much more celtic than round here. wave

#300465 - 03/26/08 12:41 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Darleen03]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Hiya old lady! Cornwall is part of the vacation plan. There's a retreat in the area that a friend and I are looking into doing together. The only drawback is that if we do the retreat, we are obviously following someone else's schedule. One of the things I want to determine before commiting is if we'll have free time to do our own exploring. I got very attached to the scenery on Matt Clark's Making of Barrow Hill website and would love to see some of that area in reality. After I saw that, I knew that my next trip to England would have to include a visit to Cornwall. And now I'll have to make sure I see Polperro as well. smile

URU KI #03564317

#300475 - 03/26/08 01:02 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Celtic Lark]
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: cornwall england
Hiya Celic Lark, wave I don't know how you are travelling but if you come by train to Liskard, you can catch a very small train or a very small bus to Looe and you will come through the woods that Barrow Hill was photoed in. You can continue by bus to Polperro or in the summer take a boat to Polperro. The antique shop is here in East Looe and the man who runs it is very nice and not like Mr Gruel thank goodness. There is a museum here in Looe and it's not very spooky but it is interesting.
My Canadian sister-in-law was here last year and she was mind blown by the place. Walking her back to her B&B late at night was just like being in Saxton at night. It's not just a game it is real crazy

Edited by old lady (03/26/08 01:07 PM)

#300506 - 03/26/08 02:06 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Celtic Lark]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Celtic Lark
*gasp* Trade them without playing them?! eek lol I've regretted loading up a few games but those three are as far from that list as they can possibly be.

I have no idea what I was thinking at the time! razz

#300589 - 03/26/08 03:46 PM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: misa]
Teresa D Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Dublin
A huge amount to enjoy. The look and the sound is spot on. It is creepy and unsettling without huge amounts of gore. I jumped sky high at a certain bathroom moment. eek
Did anyone else watch the information videos in the museum? I had a little shiver when I noticed the bottoms of the familiar turned-up, frayed jeans.
There's also a lot to think of afterwards. All that time strangeness and the Ager brothers and their motivations and Haddon (kinda weird).
Really, really well done and plenty of scope for future games I hope.
I have to admit having a little giggle to myself when reading some of the books. I couldn't help thinking of Terry Pratchett and his groce'rs apostrophes. lol

#300916 - 03/27/08 10:13 AM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Teresa D]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
WoW!!!!!

I have to share this with you all...I have played a lot of games throughout the years...But NONE has ever brought tears to my eyes...
Click to reveal..
When I got to the church with the little girl & boy looking for their father...That part completely tore me up
cry

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (03/27/08 10:25 AM)
Edit Reason: added spoiler tag

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#300921 - 03/27/08 10:26 AM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Darleen03]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
You must not have played Blackstone Chronicles Darleen.

Ana wave

#300931 - 03/27/08 10:58 AM Re: The Best Of Lost Crown [Re: Darleen03]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I'm still playing The Lost Crown, and the more I play, the better and more engrossing it becomes. There is only one thing while playing this game that troubles me, and that is the fact that it's hard not to feel that I will have difficulty finding another adventure in the future that will seem as good!

I hope we don't have to wait too terribly long for Dark Fall 3. smile

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (CaptainD, mcc, Billy the Kid 64, Marian, Draclvr, colpet, BrownEyedTigre, kjos, k28d13j11, linda333), 69 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar, deadbringer
8579 Registered Users