GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#302096 - 03/29/08 05:41 PM Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Jenny100]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: PA, USA
Regarding the clock:

Click to reveal..
There was another clock stuck at 9 o'clock somewhere in the game. I can't remember where though. Was it Ulcombe church?

Regarding the Agers:

Click to reveal..
Perhaps they needed to keep the people they killed trapped and suffering? So by taking Gurney's hands and removing the coat of arms maybe that was a way of trapping their souls?

This discussion is fascinating! I love hearing other people's theories and hope that more people join in the discussion. smile

#302103 - 03/29/08 05:50 PM Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: misa]
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I'm afraid I didn't understand that entry at all.

Sorry, I ment
Click to reveal..
the april showers caused the flooding which caused the bodies to be washed up which disturbed the deaths rest which opend the chasm (in some way). There are this two pictures of the restless souls, which Nigel took from Hadden Industries – two of the poor souls.
The flooding did not seem like a natural event to mee, too. Perhaps the experiment caused the april showers. Mr. Hadden (as written in Mr. Hares report), is interested in the chasm, in which the other world it revealed.
Question is, if Mr. Hadden caused the chasm or if he only studies it. (I want to belief he ist a good guy).

About the clock at the BEAR being stuck:
Click to reveal..
I am very fascinated from this clock. It seems, every time, Nigel enters the room, he is, as you say, in a replay of a certain moment of the past. So I beliefed, the time (9 o’clock) has some important meaning to the story – perhaps I went over the top. (But what else could “the chasm opened at shadow time” mean? – So many unanswered questions!

About Prof. Hardacre: very interesting observation! Prof. Hardacre is still a mystery to me!

About the timeline:
Click to reveal..
As I stated at the beginning, I found hints, that Nigel never left the Labor D of Hadden Industries. All he experiences is surveilled by Mr. Hadden on the monitors. So Nigel is IN the chasm, collecting data for Mr. Hadden. Time is different here, it is defined by the different soul who live/haunt in Saxton. It is not the timelin we know in our world, more the psychological time of the singel ghosts/souls.
For example, little Oliver, the child with the camera, has won the saxton snappers price since at least for years - how can that be in the real world? Little Nancy not even recognizes how much time she is waiting for her dad.

About Old Nick:
Click to reveal..
Thomas Ager writes it in his Dairy: “Gurney has seen and heard enough … I’ll take this burrowing hand of his, and bury them deep, under tombs of stone.” Taking his arms surely has something to do with honour.

I, too, love such discussions. I understand more of the story if I have to explain it to others. And it is enlightning to hear other opinions.

#302308 - 03/30/08 08:36 AM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: seagul]
Ivinia Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Click to reveal..
In my mind while playing I was thinking that it was all an experiment by the Hadden corporation and that you really weren't "there". I figured with all of his equipment he had, it was possible to transport an individual into a photograph and live in it's world. Hence the tears in some screens and the rust
in the lower left corner of the screen next to Nigels place when it was raining. Going back into those photos lets you go back into that time period and explore. One of the reasons that Nigel kept asking the barmaid what year it was. So if Hadden wanted the lost crown, what better way to send someone back to an earlier time when those with the most knowledge were still around? Obviously he couldn't go back much further because photographs didn't exist then. With enough photographs, you could build an entire town while letting your technology fill in the gaps.

Based on when the photos were taken, it could explain a lot of the different time periods. Do they still use steam trains in the UK?!?

Did you notice that some things didn't exist until Nigel was told about them? For example at the old shed. I looked at the rocks and they were clean. I turned and talked to Lucy and she mentioned blood on them. I turned and looked at the rocks again, but this time they were covered in blood. I asked Jonathan about it thinking it might be a bug and he said it was intentional. Hmmmm.....

Just my thoughts. Of course there is probably enough evidence to make this scenario unlikely as there are to make it likely! smile

Funny stuff 1:
Click to reveal..
LOL, I too fed the pig like crazy! It didn't even occur to me that it was the same pig at the festival until I went back and saw the crate with the baby pig in it and Cairn was gone! I was saddened by it, yet found it somewhat humorous that I had been fattening up the pig for the slaughter. To me it was little details like this that showed that Jonathan had put a lot of thinking into the game.

Funny stuff 2:
Click to reveal..
The other part that had me laughing was when he was looking through the scope at Lucy and saying, "I can see you...." It was so much like something a guy would say. Hardacre popping in and catching it made it all the more funny.

Jemima:
Click to reveal..

The Jemima thing was just weird. I wonder if Gruel ever really had a wife. In the one letter that is found, it was mentioned that Gruel wanted her to meet his wife but he had a strange look when he mentioned it. I think Gruel was just insane and considered the doll his wife. When Jemima was burning in the fireplace and Gruel was crying hysterically it became obvious that he was unusually attached to that doll.

Catnapper:
Click to reveal..

Am I one of the only ones that doesn't think Gruel was the catnapper? That whole thing seemed odd. Why was Jemima thrown into the fire? Unless there was some kind of strange force that the doll contained which made Gruel do those things. Perhaps the barmaid understood this and threw the doll in there?

Edited by Ivinia (03/30/08 08:36 AM)

#302351 - 03/30/08 09:50 AM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Ivinia]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ivinia, your first observation is interesting and absolutely plausible!

Click to reveal..
I wasn't paying enough attention to notice the rocks. I didn't go look at them until after talking to Lucy!

Catnapper

Click to reveal..
It is a strange turn of events. Who do you think the catnapper was if it wasn't Gruel? He was indeed the author of the poison pen letters though right?

Edited by misa (03/30/08 09:50 AM)

#302356 - 03/30/08 10:01 AM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Ivinia]
dmtomchick Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Collegeville, PA USA
Wow--- I was hoping to see what theories others came up with, now I have even more questions!!! think

One thing that bothered me.......
Click to reveal..
Christina Molina became ill and eventually died because of drinking the polluted water that came from below the house. Well, her husband was there quite a while before she arrived and after she died. He would've had to have been drinking water from the same source. Why did he not end up like his wife?

Dawn devil

Edited by dmtomchick (03/30/08 10:03 AM)

#302392 - 03/30/08 10:56 AM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: dmtomchick]
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer

@ Ivinia: what a wonderfull idea you had
Click to reveal..
about the fotographs as places where Nigel can “travel” due to the technology of Mr. Hadden. Sounds much better than my idea! It fits much better.

So you believe Mr. Hadden
Click to reveal..
is after the crown and opened the chasm by mistake? I don’ t want to think this bad about him. He is doing the research for a long time, since he knows so much about ghosthunting. He seems interested in the paranormal at large. It is obvious, that Mr. Hadden has technology that comes from the future, he talks about the past and the future, as if its all the same to him.
In 2008 Nigel would be more than 50 years old, considering that he was recruited in 1978, when he was (let’s say) 20 years old. Lucy has a student ID for 2007 till 2010. Somehow Mr. Hadden can controll/manipulate the time, not only via fotographs.

Jemima:
Click to reveal..
Hmmm… Sound interesting. We have to find more hints. There is the spell Frederick Ager created by building the nightmare room works on Mr. Gruel:”I shall build a place for the darkest desires and decorate its walls with blood …I must build a place … where the greedy will lose their soul.” His diarys are really unsane.
Is Mr. Gruel really the catnapper? He works for Frederick, that’s for sure. He observes Lucy and Nigel, the two persons in town that obviously are snooping around - a danger for the crown. Perhaps the spell is linked to the paperdoll, good idea, Ivinia.

@ dawn: good question. We have to find someone who can answer! lol

#302404 - 03/30/08 11:09 AM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: seagul]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Dawn:

Click to reveal..
Perhaps Edward spent most of his time outside of the home on business trips, working and The Bear? Maybe he didn't drink enough of the water at home to be poisoned by it?

I'm going to replay the game starting tomorrow and will have a notebook handy to jot down any clues and hints about everything that's been discussed.

#302431 - 03/30/08 11:42 AM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Ivinia]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Ivinia
Click to reveal..
In my mind while playing I was thinking that it was all an experiment by the Hadden corporation and that you really weren't "there". I figured with all of his equipment he had, it was possible to transport an individual into a photograph and live in it's world. Hence the tears in some screens and the rust in the lower left corner of the screen next to Nigels place when it was raining. Going back into those photos lets you go back into that time period and explore. One of the reasons that Nigel kept asking the barmaid what year it was. So if Hadden wanted the lost crown, what better way to send someone back to an earlier time when those with the most knowledge were still around? Obviously he couldn't go back much further because photographs didn't exist then. With enough photographs, you could build an entire town while letting your technology fill in the gaps.

Click to reveal..
So near the end, where everything starts going bad after Nigel takes the crown... That's all some sort of virtual reality test to see what would happen if it were really taken?

How does the cut scene at the beginning of the game fit in? Where the Haddon employees were so angry at Nigel for breaking in and stealing the photos? Did that actually happen or was it only part of the scenario created for Nigel?

Quote:
Click to reveal..
Did you notice that some things didn't exist until Nigel was told about them? For example at the old shed. I looked at the rocks and they were clean. I turned and talked to Lucy and she mentioned blood on them. I turned and looked at the rocks again, but this time they were covered in blood. I asked Jonathan about it thinking it might be a bug and he said it was intentional. Hmmmm.....

Click to reveal..
I thought the blood that appeared was ghost blood -- residue from something that happened in the past. That the actual blood had been washed away long ago, but occasionally seemed to reappear as a ghostly manifestation.

Quote:

Catnapper:
Click to reveal..

Am I one of the only ones that doesn't think Gruel was the catnapper? That whole thing seemed odd. Why was Jemima thrown into the fire? Unless there was some kind of strange force that the doll contained which made Gruel do those things. Perhaps the barmaid understood this and threw the doll in there?

Click to reveal..
If Gruel wasn't the catnapper, who was? And where did Jemima come from? Did one of the Ager brothers create Jemima while he was alive? Was the spirit of one of the Agers inside the doll or was the doll simply some sort of "focus" for them?

There's one point of the game where you notice more color. The sky becomes blue and the interior of Nanny Noah's house has more color the second time you visit. What did that indicate?

#302440 - 03/30/08 12:11 PM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Jenny100]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Jenny:

Click to reveal..
About the colour. I had just assumed there was more colour (the blue sky) because it was May Day and marked the end of winter, beginning of spring/summer, renewal, rebirth, etc. I did not notice the colour shift in Nanny Noah's house though the 2nd time time around.

#302456 - 03/30/08 01:08 PM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: misa]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Click to reveal..
I thought the increasing number of colors had to do with the Agers being gradually defeated. I can't remember for sure, but I think there were two times I noticed an increase in color number, one after Thomas Ager was contained at Northfield and the next after Frederick was defeated in the Net Hut (and you saw the images of two of the Agers breaking up in the painting of the Agers instead of just one).

Which reminds me of something else I didn't really understand. Why do you see Nigel's picture inside the Ager painting at one point?

#302528 - 03/30/08 03:11 PM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Jenny100]
Mordack Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Hi guy's, I happen to be at my sister's PC so I though I'd chime in. Does anyone remember that DarkFall had a Nigel Danvers? Is he the same? Did anyone notice the up-and-coming-game in the comic book? Could the young boy photographer be Timothy Pike? Finally, how should I put this, is Rhys Branwen attracked to the same sex?

These are my quick questons.

Mordack

#302611 - 03/30/08 05:07 PM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Mordack]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
I don't remember a Nigel Danvers from Dark Fall, although several have mentioned this - good memory! It's more likely just a nod to those who have played the Dark Fall games rather than characters crossing from one game to another. But I could be wrong. Yes, I think Rhys makes it quite plain that he's attracted to Nigel. wink

#302685 - 03/30/08 07:22 PM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: Rushes]
birddog Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Colorado
I remember Nigel Danvers and Poly White from Darkfall The Journal. They were paranormal students and the year was 2002.
Now if Nigel was recruited in 1978 by Hadden Industries like it says in the opening of The Lost Crown, he must have been recruited at birth! And he was recommended by Poly White. What do I have wrong?
Seagul - if the package Nigel received in TLC was April 1978 -and he was recruited Nov 11, 1978, I am really confused. Besides, Lucy Reubans Student card said good from Sep 7, 2007 through Jun 21, 2010.

Edited by birddog (03/31/08 07:01 PM)

#303059 - 03/31/08 01:33 PM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: birddog]
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer

The package from Mr. Hadden has written April 1978 on it. I remember an Interview in which Jonathan Boakes told The Lost Crown is a Prequel to Dark Fall - but I can' t remember the link (so I may be wrong).
The events of Dark Fall 2 which involve Polly take place in 2004. Polly is involved, but not Nigel.
Some other characters are mentioned: I remember a Charakter named Spivey. - I should replay the game.
About the comic: I heard Jonathan Boakes plans to make Dark Fall 3 now! Can't wait to hold it in my hands. Wheres a timemachine, when you need one???? hardwall

Edited by seagul (03/31/08 01:47 PM)

#303068 - 03/31/08 01:58 PM Re: Thoughts about the Story of The Lost Crown – beware of huge spoilers! [Re: seagul]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
well that bar lady
Click to reveal..
did have the keys to the cottage .She could have been the one .I think the bar lady may have been the cat napper as her cat did nt go missing and as was said earlier why did she throw the doll in the fire .Did the doll have some sort of power

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Marian, Rushes, kjos, looney4labs, Lex, sanford, Ewil02, OrleansBelle, Melia, barlouwin), 80 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users