GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#302843 - 03/31/08 08:09 AM Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I received a letter yesterday from Bryan Wiegele, Indie developer and creator of the Delaware St. John series. Many of us have played the first three games in the series and have enjoyed them very much. Bryan is also the designer of the original Inherent Evil adventure game.

Unfortunately, Bryan is putting the Delaware St. John games and the upcoming Inherent Evil 2: Dark Whispers on hold for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
It’s been a long three and a half years but the fact is working on these games part time and with no budgets, they never got the love they deserved. So rather than continue, I’m going to put them on the shelf and hope in the future I get the opportunity to pick them up and give them the full attention they need to shine.

I appreciate you and all of GameBoomers for being so supportive of the games and I hope one day I get the opportunity to do both of the series’ sequels justice.

I hope Bryan knows that we appreciate how he provided us with hours of entertainment, challenge, and intriguing moments of terror. We wish him all the best, and hope that the future will mean a return to adventure game development sooner than he currently expects.

#302845 - 03/31/08 08:20 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: Becky]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
sad It is always heartbreaking to hear of production stopping on an anticipated game but especially disheartening when it is one of our own.

Bryan, I hope that you will be able to follow your dreams and make a living at it.

Ana wave

#302854 - 03/31/08 08:40 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Whimsical Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Ohio
That's a shame. It really is.

#302885 - 03/31/08 09:31 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: Whimsical]
GBC Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
So sad.....Good luck Bryan in the future.

#302889 - 03/31/08 09:38 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: GBC]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Bryan, thanks for letting us know. Life sometimes gets in the way of our dreams, but hopefully, sooner than you expect, you'll be back on track with yours luck

#302897 - 03/31/08 09:54 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: looney4labs]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Very sorry to read this: sad

luck Bryan in the future..Thank You again for the games you did develop..Hope later on maybe you will change your mind..

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#302937 - 03/31/08 10:45 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: Darleen03]
hatshepsut Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: United States
Bryan, I'm so sad to hear this news. I hope the problems get resolved and that we see many more of your games in the future.

#302944 - 03/31/08 10:53 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: hatshepsut]
orchgamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Thank you Bryan, for the exciting and entertaining games you have made. You have made many of us very happy, and eager to continue playing adventure games.

Best wishes, and I hope to see some games of yours again in the future.

#302957 - 03/31/08 11:12 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: orchgamer]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Bryan, you have tremendous talent and I hope it is not a long time before we see more of your work. You've always been so responsive to your fans, and such a nice guy that it is especially hard to hear this news. Thanks for all the work you have done in bringing us lots of happy hours playing. You'll be missed.

#302963 - 03/31/08 11:24 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: nickie]
Dyl'smom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: new york
Bryan,

Know that you have brought great games, and joy, to many adventurers. You are appreciated and you will be missed.

Dyl'smom

#302987 - 03/31/08 11:58 AM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: Dyl'smom]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brazil
Is very sad, i love the Delaware St. John Series... wink

Love Maria hearts

#302997 - 03/31/08 12:11 PM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: Phoebe]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
That's a great shame. I loved Inherent Evil, and particularly the Delaware games, and was looking forward to the 4th instalment of DSJ. Best wishes for the future, Bryan, I hope things work out the way you would like them to.

#303031 - 03/31/08 12:50 PM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: Dyl'smom]
judith Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Thank you for the hours of enjoyment you have given us in playing your games. We all hope to see you soon Bryan. Judy

#303086 - 03/31/08 02:21 PM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: judith]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Bryan, we're all sad that there won't be more of your games any time soon--best of luck with your future plans...wave

#303115 - 03/31/08 02:56 PM Re: Delaware St. John Series Postponed Indefinitely [Re: Jenny]
dmtomchick Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Collegeville, PA USA
This is such sad news. cry I was really, really, really looking forward to Inherent Evil 2. Lots of luck, Bryan!! Your contributions to the gaming world will be sorely missed!

Dawn grin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (Marian, InlandAZ, dianne, kjos, anaar, BobH, Haroula, Jenny100, mbday630, 1 invisible), 79 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users