GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#307183 - 04/07/08 02:14 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Mary]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel.
Good question!

Myst 3 and 4.
Gabriel knight 3 also had wonderful music!

and.... Dreamfall as well!

#307211 - 04/07/08 03:16 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Tomer]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
The strange thing about the Syberia games is that I didn't notice the soundtrack much when I was playing the game. I remember the menu screen music, and some of the music when cut scenes played, and Helena's aria, but I don't remember much in-game music otherwise.

Originally Posted By: Duststorm
I thought the music in Ring was beautiful. Especially the opening.

The trouble I have with Ring's music is that it isn't original. It's using previously written music from Wagner's Ring cycle. So it isn't really what I think of as game music because it wasn't composed for a game. It wasn't even gathered from separate sources, like Faust's music was.

#307864 - 04/09/08 01:13 AM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Jenny100]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
The Myst creators give a lot of love in the music part of the series... that's for sure... lol

#308115 - 04/09/08 12:54 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Volkana]
sccurrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Austin, Texas
Shiver's 1
7th Guest/11th Hour (actually has CD to purchase by The Fat Man and Team Fat)
Myst 1
Phantasmagoria

are my picks,
Shelly

#308331 - 04/09/08 08:19 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Mary]
Jehane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Vienna, Austria
I loved the soundtrack in the Gabriel Knight games. It was perfect. Also, the soundtrack in the first Broken Sword games fitted the mood and style of the games. I think the best soundtrack is that which you don't recoginze much because it kinda stays in the background. It just contributes to the atmosphere without becoming dominant.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (chrissie, curly, meryl, cailyn, Butcher), 78 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Newest Members
123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl, Shelley1966
8417 Registered Users