GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#306713 - 04/06/08 04:45 PM Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
My votes go to Grim Fandango and Uru:Ages Beyond Myst. Those were two games where I would stop mid-game and just listen to the music.

Sometimes the best game music is music that adds to the atmosphere almost subliminally -- and in that case, I don't notice it until I go back after I've finished the game and listen just for the music.

I'm not sure if one effect is superior to the other, now that I think about it.

#306718 - 04/06/08 04:53 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Becky]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
I think the part with the atmosphere is very crucial for a game's music... With the correct choice of music the game becomes even better... Even though some times i might not like the music of a game it's good to add to the atmosphere...

#306761 - 04/06/08 05:42 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Volkana]
Duststorm Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: South Lake Stevens,WA.
I thought the music in Ring was beautiful. Especially the opening.

Edited by Duststorm (04/06/08 05:44 PM)

#306789 - 04/06/08 06:20 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Duststorm]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
While I didn't care much for the game...

I have to give credit to Dream fall...The music tracks were very mystical & beautiful...

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#306793 - 04/06/08 06:26 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Darleen03]
3dobermans Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Palouse country
Enjoyed the music from "Journey to the Center of the Earth".
Just couldn't figure out a way to capture it. Even went to the web site hoping there would be some kind of "soundtrack".

#306812 - 04/06/08 07:08 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Volkana]
mel22odie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: New England
This is such a great subject. For me, great background music can make a game memorable. I've downloaded short clips of Robert Holmes' music from Gabriel Knight's 2nd game and some from the 1srt and 3rd games. I've played it over and over again. Also, the music from The Last Express was truly beautiful. It stayed with me long after I had finished the game. The music from Syberia, Grim Fandango amongst many other was also outstanding. Wished that all the great music was available in cd form. Also Would love to try some of the games mentioned such as Loom for the music alone.

#306814 - 04/06/08 07:10 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: mel22odie]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Atlantis: The Lost Tales
Betrayal at Krondor (and other Sierra soundtracks from DOS games)
The Dig
Faust
Gabriel Knight 2 (other Gabriel Knights good also)
Monkey Island games (all of them)
Myst
Outcast
Parasite Eve
Riven
Syberia

and from what I've heard from them, the new Sam & Max games

#306842 - 04/06/08 08:05 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Jenny100]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
The original Myst had some fine music, particularly in the Fortress Age.

#306896 - 04/06/08 10:28 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: RayBres]
tinagoss Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chehalis, Washington
Has to be Syberia II. Very haunting and very emotional. I actually got weepy at the end.

#306921 - 04/07/08 12:11 AM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: tinagoss]
Nikolas Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: London
Betrayal at Krondor (already mentioned it)
King's Quest VI
Legend of Kyrandia

In the matter of music in games. It always seems a bit retarded for the music not to follow the actions of the hero. Only very lately there've been moves towards more interactive elements in music. Monkey Island had some examples of that, but in midi.

Finally, since the thread is about games and not adventure games I do feel inclined to propose Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III). The main theme is offered by the composer (Jeremy Soule) and also in the game's website. So there is no issue I think. http://www.ubi.com/DE/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=308

It is an rpg, but anyhow...

#306922 - 04/07/08 12:15 AM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Becky]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I've always loved the Morrowind soundtrack--splendid, and haunting!! wave thumbsup

#306971 - 04/07/08 06:10 AM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Marian]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
I'd have to say Shivers 2, because it was part of the puzzles.
However, I did burn the Gabriel Knight music (my favorite is the theme from GK 3) to listen to in the car smile .
And, maybe because it's my favorite game ever, I think the background music from Riven is very evocative and atmospheric.

#307044 - 04/07/08 08:59 AM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: colpet]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
Every time i play a game with good music, i try after finish to keep the music... Some games have mp3 files some others ogg files and some of them they have file extensions that i never heard before... So i do the best i can to hear my favorite soundtrack evn though the game is finished laugh

#307069 - 04/07/08 09:37 AM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Volkana]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brazil
For me the best soundtracks it is:

Syberia
Syberia 2
Riven
Myst Exile
Myst Revelation

Love Maria hearts

#307152 - 04/07/08 12:50 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Phoebe]
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
My favorite music was from Myst and Zork Nemesis. Both games for me had a rather sad and sorrowful feel at times. But I can remember those still to this day, and I played them many years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
18 registered (BrownEyedTigre, arlene, GuybrushThreepwood, Collector, BobH, InlandAZ, J. King, bleep, Koala, 1 invisible), 79 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users