GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#308504 - 04/10/08 08:03 AM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Old Man]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Yes, as the world was about to end, we were discussing doughnuts. I'm sure there's some deeper meaning to that, but it escapes me at the moment. laugh

It was a great way to be together.

Lor - I thought there WAS a cone on my head when I woke up -- that's why my hairdo was more improvised than usual. I'm told than when "Kate" was coning me they were laughing maniacally.

My informant did not reveal names per se (despite threats), but I'm a pretty good guesser which (as you now know, having gotten me through Minkata) is often how I make it through adventure games.

Old Man -- well said. thumbsup

#308547 - 04/10/08 09:00 AM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Becky]
Air Navy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Missouri
Hi Becky, That was a very poignant moment when the end came. I was able to hear the fountain but could not send messages. I made the mistake of x'ing out the disconnect box to clear up the monitor and "Poof" I crashed to the desktop. I was happy to be in good company when the end came. I hope our voice at GameBoomers will have some influence on Cyan to bring MOUL back in some form. I cherished all those friends I made while playing and will never forget the good times we had. MOUL forever! thumbsup

#308630 - 04/10/08 11:43 AM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Air Navy]
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

well when a world ends - I think donuts are a sensible topic and definitely one of the high achievements of mankind and having fresh donuts is one of the best rights as adults, well that

and ... being able to drink out of the milk jug rather than getting a glass laugh

Oops letting my inner secrets out scared .....

ahem laugh

Edited by gatorlaw (04/10/08 11:48 AM)
Edit Reason: smilie correction

#308681 - 04/10/08 12:58 PM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Becky]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I missed the coning of Becky! Darn! I mean, uh, I would have defended you had I been there, Becky. *cough cough*

I was in a RL rehearsal when the end came but I was at least able to spend an hour IC before rehearsal and say my goodbyes to the Cavern. I won't say that I said goodbye to the people because as Old Man said, we'll keep in touch in various ways - forums, mailing lists, emails, etc.

I was surprised at how difficult it was to press my Relto book one last time to leave the City when it was time for me to go. I went back to my Relto and took one last walk around it - visited my calendar, sat on my bench, admired how big my pine tree had grown, looked at my pillars and doughnuts and remembered all the time I spent earning those, sat in my "hot tub" and then dried off in front of my fire, listened to my bird with the hacking smoker's cough, and then my music box one last time.

It touched me more than I thought it would. I think it would have been easier to have been kicked off.

Funnily, I'm listening to a Barenaked Ladies CD right now and the song that is playing as I write just happens to be "Thanks, That Was Fun". Appropriate.

URU KI #03564317

#308883 - 04/10/08 08:03 PM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Celtic Lark]
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

It is sad to see the end of an era, and it is unlikely uru or myst will ever come back up, at least commercially. rand has done a wonderful thing to the adventure genre with myst, but it is sad to see that cyan ends on such a sour note. very sad.

#309128 - 04/11/08 10:54 AM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: DaveHT]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Here's a link to an interview with Rand Miller that I stumbled across at Quandary.

I'm curious to know what people think. wave

#309174 - 04/11/08 12:13 PM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Becky]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the link, Becky. Though I was not a part of MOUL, it was always something I figured I would try out one day.
I like the idea of having ever expanding worlds, or environments to explore. I'm happy to hear the there may be hope yet for something similar to evolve out of Myst universe.

#309391 - 04/11/08 07:54 PM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Becky]
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: virginia
My last memories of MOUL...after finally getting in to the hood and visiting with some of our neighbors, is of Becky surrounded by cones. A fitting exit to MOUL... wave

Waiting for the next chapter.

Farewell for now. Hugs to you all

Kate *(aka Katva)

#309465 - 04/11/08 10:25 PM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: KateVa]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Becky, I can only see the intro to the interview. What am I missing?

#310647 - 04/14/08 11:29 AM Re: Today, April 9 -- Last Day of Myst Online: Uru Live [Re: Becky]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Under the pic of the guy with the tomato soup can, there's a link that says: "Right click here and 'Save as' to Download."

EDIT: Someone has posted a transcription of the interview with Rand here. (Second post on the thread.)

There's also an updated FAQ at Andrew Plotkin's site here that comments on MOUL's cancellation.

Also, you can watch a video interview with the MOUL ResEngs here. (Scroll down the page to the link -- I watched it on the My Space link.)

Edited by Becky (04/14/08 11:36 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Koala, gymcandy1, GuybrushThreepwood, Pandora, oldbroad, CCbomber), 60 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users