GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 14 of 25 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#318641 - 04/29/08 07:51 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Rushes]
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: the Netherlands
>do I have any other options?

No, you don't

>take the crowbar, give it to Michael

CUT SCENE!

A cut scene comes by, you gaze at it with your eyes wide open!
When it's over, you can't move no more, shivers go up and down your back and you want to scream....!

Oh, come on, get a hold on yourself, it was just a paper cut!

Slowly you regain your senses.
The scarecrow is very happy with his new toy. "Now I can keep those nasty birds away from me much more easy! Look, someone garishly decorated it, this is really thrilling me."

At least somebody is happy.

Bernard

Edited by MaG (04/29/08 08:28 AM)

#318650 - 04/29/08 08:01 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Rushes]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
>Move down the yellow brick road.

You wave good-by to the mummy, who is posing with a magnifying glass. You glare at the giant Guybrush Threepwood, who seems to be strangely motionless now -- perhaps he is regretting that he squashed you?

You and your companions try to move on down the road. But, alas! Your world has suddenly become two-dimensional. Putting one foot forward just leaves you walking in place.

"Here's the ticket!" says Lord Ossccarrrrrrssss. He appears to have found a large directional arrow at the corner of what is now your entire world. "I think we should use this arrow."

Your companions take a vote. All are for using the arrow except for the Lion, who is now looking distinctly uncomfortable. You decide that if it makes him uncomfortable, it must be good.

>Use arrow.

You are immediately transported to the Emerald City. Except that it is no longer the Emerald City of old. It is roughly castle-shaped, but now the walls are made of jewels of many colors, scrolling down to the ground. In front of the castle is a catapult that can be launched at the jewels as they move.

>_

#318661 - 04/29/08 08:26 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Becky]
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

You have played this game before!

>use catapult

You're shooting gems like a Duke Nukem on steroids. You hear a cheery melody and the text "You win, I loose!" is flashing before your eyes. You collect your prize, cheap cardboard glasses with plastic lenses, one red and the other one green.

>wear glasses

You look at the world in a whole new perspective! It's 2.5 or maybe even 3D! Niiiice.

Bernard

#318728 - 04/29/08 11:09 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Bernard]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Look at Emerald City.

The interior of the Emerald City can now be seen in all its 3D glory. You are amazed at the detail. You remove the cardboard glasses and are surprised to see that the whole thing is actually a curtain-like tapestry of the Emerald City. But with the 3D glasses on, it looks as though you can walk right into the city and make yourself at home.

In front of the curtain is a fountain with yellow water. In front of the fountain is a sign: "To enter the Emerald City, put coins in the fountain. (Please do not bathe in the fountain. Please do not swim in the fountain. Please do not drink from the fountain. -- The Management)"

>_

#318741 - 04/29/08 11:31 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Becky]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
>place coins in fountain

You place all your scraggy loose change in the fountain. The fountain momentarily ceases to ripple, as if to contemplate your meagre offering. And then, a miraculous occurrence: a myriad of rainbows! a conglomerate of cumulus nimbus!

>I'm dazzled

Well, you should be. And then, from a fold in the Emerald City tapestry curtain, march 500 Oompah-Loompahs. They are dancing, and quite possibly drunk out of their skulls. They giggle and chortle and jiggle and wiggle, and seem to find you and your merry troupe extremely amusing.

>I think the Oompah-Loompahs took a wrong turning left of Cleveland.

Yes, but don't tell them that, they would get very upset. Besides, The Whizzer is quite entranced with them, they make excellent candy.

The tapestry curtain begins to draw apart, and you can see beyond into the grand halls of the palace....The Whizzer awaits you!

>_

#318811 - 04/29/08 02:27 PM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Rushes]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Look through notes & recap on game.
Characters: yourself visiting Whizzer to find whereabouts of Bistro L'Aztec & to remove cone-crown (or did I miss something!)

Captain Hamish Wee Dirk - has visited Whizzer before to get new uniforms for his crew but only got fluoresecent green leotards (in large suitcase he's carrying) & forgot to get matching Doc Martins & Davy Crockett hats. Has been leaving Mystic Trails & crew have been watching his movements since from the starship Bentbutflise.

Pepe Le Pew is wearing a black panama hat & a pair of glittery star-shaped red rimmed glasses - the perfume has long worn off & he stinks. He would like to smell nicer & be more debonair.

Michael (scarcrow dude) is wearing a red wig, orange hair scrunchy, orange satin gloves & orange feather boa. He's fed-up with birds stealing bits & pieces of him for nests & dropping 'birdy things' on him.

Lord O'Scars is wearing a gold lurex cravat & has gold highlights all over his metal. He is rusty in parts & would like an extreme make-over.

The lion wants to make up for the error of his ways & wear the crown again (even if it is now a cone?)

Inventory: A few pairs of sun-glasses, pocket sword, gun with 1 bullet, dusty bottle with a finger print containing a little olive oil, clipper lighter, silver shoes, a walkthrough & a shield with 666 (the 3rd 6 can't be seen - methinks the shield could be upside down?)

Continue story:
> Walk along the central grand hall - notice that on either side there are rows of open-fronted workshops with big advertising boards on each of them ..............

#318889 - 04/29/08 04:42 PM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: chrissie]
AquariaJade Offline
Shy Boomer

This is so interesting! It looks like you give have invented a new game: co-group-writing of an adventure story.

Perhaps a new thread with a plot hook to start with and do this thing write, err..right?

Just a suggestion from a small and little known boomer. *shuffles feet*

#318898 - 04/29/08 04:54 PM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: AquariaJade]
Volkana Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
An open sourse adventure???? Count me in... grin

#318901 - 04/29/08 04:57 PM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: AquariaJade]
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

Just join in Aquaboomer and your star will rise to incredible heights! smile

{Edit}
Volkana (or maybe Dame Etna?) you're so welcome! You're the one who (unwillingly?) started this menace. grin
{End of edit}

Bernard

Edited by Bernard (04/29/08 05:03 PM)
Edit Reason: Volkana's post right in front of my nose!

#318935 - 04/29/08 05:46 PM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Bernard]
Volkana Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
It was unwillingly alright but it's become really fun... grin

#318950 - 04/29/08 06:05 PM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Volkana]
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

The fun is what this is all about Volkana, glad to hear you're having it too. smile

Bernard

#319174 - 04/30/08 04:52 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Bernard]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Excellent summary chrissie, -- what a motley crew. lol Are we all resting a bit before the final push to meet The Whizzer?

(I don't think the lion wants the crown back, actually. At this stage his motivation is somewhat hidden. It's possible he's just along for the ride out of sheer curiosity or because he finds it amusing to watch everyone else struggle.)

#319184 - 04/30/08 06:10 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Becky]
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: West London, UK
Look at advertising boards. There is a craft market nearby.
Rush to market.
Shoppity shop ! Exchange your entire inventory for a beautiful handbag & a pair of dangly earrings.

#319209 - 04/30/08 07:22 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: JennyP]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

The lion emits a threatening roar. The shopkeeper gives you back the silver shoes.

>Inv

Beautiful handbag, pair of dangly earrings, silver shoes.

>Continue shopping.

Nearby shoppers (all dressed in green) stop to admire your purchases.

An official-looking young man who resembles Tweedle Dee from Alice in Wonderland (or perhaps he more closely resembles Tweedle Dum) approaches you. He is carrying a violin.

"Lord Ossccarrrrrrssss of the Dance!" he proclaims, looking at your mechanical friend. "You have finally returned!" He strikes up a catchy tune on the fiddle, and all the shoppers dressed in green drop their purchases, put their arms down at their sides, and begin a rousing Irish step dance routine. Lord Ossccarrrrrrssss outdances them all handily.

While the shoppers are busy, your companions sort through the shopping bags left unattended in the street, in case there is anything in them that can be of use when you confront The Whizzer.

>_

#319220 - 04/30/08 07:48 AM Re: Most common theme in AGs [Re: Becky]
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

>examine handbag

Oh dear goodness gracious me, it's the all new and updated Madchick 2008™ handbag, version 2.153!
It will hold everything you put in there and it will provide you with anything you might need in the future. It's beautiful p.. decorated also.

>use handbag

A voice inside the handbag says "Before using the handbag please register! Here's the manual."
You now have the manual.

Bernard

REM Becky, are my eyes cheating me or did you really become green?

End of remark

Edited by Bernard (04/30/08 08:08 AM)
Edit Reason: REM added.

Page 14 of 25 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Mad, Haroula, Kayc, kingpin, Sherlock, Volkana, 1 invisible), 80 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
kamoj, RebKean, gerald, wJake, Guimerius
8491 Registered Users