GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: dragonuk44] #316684
04/25/08 10:51 AM
04/25/08 10:51 AM
Greece
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer
Volkana  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Greece
Every floor and a computer eh? Now this could save you from a lot of walking up and down lol

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Volkana] #316691
04/25/08 11:09 AM
04/25/08 11:09 AM
Brazil
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer
Phoebe  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Brazil
Fo sure changed my home i have one computer desktop in my room and another pc in my office and i another laptop, before that begin play Adv i do not have anny pcs....

Love Maria hearts

Yes,though i go through the valley of deep shade,i will have no fear of evil;for you are with me, your rod and your support are my comfort. Salmo23:4
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: dragonuk44] #317086
04/26/08 07:05 AM
04/26/08 07:05 AM
Piney Woods of East Texas
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Piney Woods of East Texas
This is such a funny thread. It sounds like we are describing how we provide loving care for our "babies". I have a small room, might pass for a nursery but not more, with my fast computer and my old pentium 3 for the old games. Two bookcases (one had to be put inside the closet) full of games. I orginally had a drafting table in there but had to move that to my bedroom to make room for all that "baby" paraphernalia.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Iva] #317211
04/26/08 12:15 PM
04/26/08 12:15 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Originally Posted By: iva
But, I tried to find some paintings to hang on my walls and then realized that some screenshots would suit there most, so I had some screenshots from Myst games printed on canvas and hung them on my walls... I think they look great duh
wave

Now that is a great idea--So many games have such beautiful scenery.

Sadly, I have no room on the walls for anything else.

Last edited by looney4labs; 04/26/08 12:16 PM.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: looney4labs] #317533
04/27/08 03:40 AM
04/27/08 03:40 AM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
When I first read the title of this thread, Becky, I was thinking you wanted design tips we may have gotten from games. In keeping with that, I would so love to redesign our house with separate pods like Tomahna in Myst 4, but then I'd need a property much bigger than the one I have now.

My husband already has his own pod - a detached garage. His computer is out there along with his tools and his motorcycle. It's a perfect retreat for him.

My sister has a computer in her room and keeps her most frequently played games in her own desk, and I have the front room of the house, the former living room, as my office/computer/craft room. I have a big roll top desk that will instantly hide my current mess of game notes and other paraphernalia if company comes, and my extra-long computer table holds my iMac, scanner, printer, paper organizer, and drawers for the disks I'm currently using. My typewriter table (sans typewriter) is just right for keeping snacks off the keyboard and holding stray game folders, and a 24-drawer apothecary chest holds most of my games in jewel cases. Two side-by-side legal-sized file drawers hold all my game filescontaining collapsed game boxes, game notes, and purchase receipts. A tall and thin bookcase holds game guides, DVDs, and unusually-shaped game boxes.

I also have internet hookup for my laptop by my comfy chair in the living room and a special kidney-shaped tray that goes across the chair arms so I don’t have to hold the computer in my lap. The drawers in the table next to my chair hold my smaller laptop and note paper.

Finally, the library/guest room (my retreat from my chatty sister) has a convertible chair and a small adjustable laptop desk I can pull up under the chair. A small chest of drawers holds game items as needed.

It’s true that my house would be much less crowded if I didn’t play games, but life certainly wouldn’t be as much fun.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: LadyKestrel] #318134
04/28/08 11:34 AM
04/28/08 11:34 AM
San Francisco area, Calif.
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer
Carrie  Offline
Settled Boomer

San Francisco area, Calif.
Originally Posted By: LadyKestrel
When I first read the title of this thread, I was thinking you wanted design tips we may have gotten from games......
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I used to have grand plans for room additions and other redecorating. After playing games and seeing smaller, humbler abodes (as in Norrköping, Sweden; Capri, Italy, for example), I've come to appreciate what I already have: My smaller, older home with its so-called outdated spaces & appearance... appliances included. I have an old, cheap-o, tall bookshelf where I store my games in their boxes. The 5 or 6 shelves seem to be enough storage for what I've got. My PC is in an armoire, which holds some more games, but most important, hides lots of desk clutter. grin

Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Carrie] #320111
05/02/08 12:01 AM
05/02/08 12:01 AM
rural Oregon, USA
BeaSong Offline
Addicted Boomer
BeaSong  Offline
Addicted Boomer

rural Oregon, USA
Hah! Great topic! Indeed it has!
We are building a new home, and computers/gaming/shelving/extra
electrical plugins are in the design that never would have been several years ago.
The conduits coming into the house are numbered to allow for all of the extra
connections that we are going to need, including the Satellite TV needs.
It's amazing how the focus has changed over the years.

bravo

"Come Watson, the Game is afoot!"
www.ransomofatawallpa.com
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: BeaSong] #320156
05/02/08 06:24 AM
05/02/08 06:24 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
I wouldn't call it "design" but thumbsup it is a definite yes.

We have a great room dining/living room and 2 computers, one in each, for hubby and me rotfl

wave Linda

So many games, so little time.
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: raylinstephens] #320237
05/02/08 09:06 AM
05/02/08 09:06 AM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

The computer has always been in the living room, but I did buy some bookcases to store the games. Also, ever since we bought some consoles, we have created some empty space in front of the television and placed our hometrainer(bike) there. I sometimes spend my lunchbreaks playing a game while working out, and my husband often does so at night. We're currently playing CSI Hard Evidence on the Xbox 360 for instance, in chunks of one hour at a time, and Wii Fit on the Wii (not really a game). I also have some old PlayStation adventures that I play on the PS2 while cycling "around". monky

I'll be back, one day, when I feel like it.
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Becky] #320537
05/02/08 07:29 PM
05/02/08 07:29 PM
Tacoma, Wa USA
C
Cherie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Cherie  Offline
Addicted Boomer
C

Tacoma, Wa USA
Gaming and Computer have taken over my home, family, friends entertainment budget......and I love it. Nothing better to keep the mind sharp, when a new game arrives, my husband says goodbye for a few days. We meet at the kitchen stove and he will pass through the office to see if I am still among the sane.

Cherie
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Cherie] #320625
05/02/08 11:02 PM
05/02/08 11:02 PM
Montreal
Retired at last Offline
Addicted Boomer
Retired at last  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Montreal
My goodness, reading all these posts makes me realize I am way behind with the times. I bought my first computer 3 years ago (with XP) and then a laptop. And I thought I was pretty hip with this lol
And I see people who have their old computers - 95, 98 etc lined up next to their new computers or with special rooms for gaming.
Oh well, I'm over 60 so I can't be expected to keep up with the under 50 crowd.
Becky - one question - why a computer in the kitchen?
RAL wave

Not admitting defeat... is the beginning of the solution.
But sometimes asking for help is not a bad idea!
==================================
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Retired at last] #320633
05/02/08 11:25 PM
05/02/08 11:25 PM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
I have quite a few pics that I have taken off the internet and framed them including pics of my own children and grand children

s wheeldon
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: dragonuk44] #321030
05/03/08 04:57 PM
05/03/08 04:57 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
RAL -- the computer in the kitchen means I can watch my young son while he's online. Also, the kitchen really is the cheeriest place in my house. grin

Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Becky] #324106
05/09/08 12:04 AM
05/09/08 12:04 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: Becky
RAL -- the computer in the kitchen means I can watch my young son while he's online.

Good call, Becky.

As for my place, I just have my desktop in my bedroom. Same as I always have. But I've had to clean out some storage space for all the games I've accumulated over the last year. smile

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Celtic Lark] #324314
05/09/08 11:27 AM
05/09/08 11:27 AM
Oakland, Ca.
kazzmo Offline
Addicted Boomer
kazzmo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oakland, Ca.
The house we moved from had a large extra bedroom and I had plenty of space for computers, games and books. When we down sized my room was half the size. I built shelves for my games and left room for the new games that arrive. I do not know what to the books, but then I have not looked very hard. The rest of the house looks normal?, I think.

Last edited by kazzmo; 05/09/08 11:30 AM.

Brick walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage. Give no thought of tomorrow, today was tomorrow and tomorrow will be today.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users