GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#313136 - 04/19/08 12:16 PM Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment -- Plus Plot Speculations, Explanations (Spoilers)
escakacs Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Brighton Township, Ohio
I did something today that I've never done with a game before. I just quit before it was done. I had an awful time with the bathyscapes getting to the advanced station. I stopped playing the game for almost three weeks. I was coming up to the councel with the generals and read Mag's comment about needing someone else to finish it for her. If she had those kind of problems, I can imagine what would have happened to me. These games are supposed to be fun and, for ME, this one was just nerve wracking. I would like to know, however, if some with steadier nerves than me would tell me if Experiment 112 was actually a critter or a human being. It was the one reason I didn't quit earlier. frown

Edited by Becky (05/12/08 12:06 AM)
Edit Reason: Amended thread title.

#313168 - 04/19/08 01:30 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: escakacs]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Maybe Becky or other members can guide you through the game. Some members did like the game.

#313175 - 04/19/08 01:45 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: MaG]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Escakacs -- I have written up some strategies for facing the generals in the walkthrough.

Getting by the generals partly has to do with how well the game has been running for you -- with all three camera windows open, for instance, do you find that the game seem "twitchy," or slow -- or does your computer seem to handle the game easily?

If you really don't want to try the generals, though, let me know and I'll post the info about 112 in a spoiler tag or PM you with the info.

#313198 - 04/19/08 02:25 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: Becky]
escakacs Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. Like I said, this game just ceased to be fun for ME and was more of an annoyance. Life is stressful enohg without adding to it. I've already removed it and all my saves from my computer. But, about 112, critter or human? thanks*************************************
Make that enough!

Edited by escakacs (04/19/08 02:26 PM)
Edit Reason: fumble fingers strikes again

#313215 - 04/19/08 02:53 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: escakacs]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Click to reveal..
These are the plot notes I took for after the Council of the Generals, for people who couldn't get past it.

In broad strokes -- YOU are 112 and have been guiding Lea out of the ship and into the Tyriades world. How you have done this is not specified -- can you control everything remotely from the Tyriades realm? Or have you actually left the Tyriades realm to come to the ship? (I favor the latter theory because of the opening sequence which I think shows 112 traveling via the Wind Well/Abyss.)

The Messenger Tyriades, your friends, are at war with the Combat Tyriades. The Queen of the Tyriades, who lives for 700 years, is about to die and to be replaced by a new Queen. The prophecy that the Tyriades and humans will converge to form a new species will be fulfilled by 112 somehow (how isn't specified) and it is important that Lea make it all the way to a cave where he is waiting to see her in person, as this also fulfills a prophecy.

Anyway, after the Council of the Generals there is a battle between the Messenger and Combat Tyriades -- Lea ends up near the bomb which she either does or doesn't diffuse.

After that the Messenger Tyriade you've met before (Miilyan)takes you to the Abyss where you program your trip to meet 112 in person. That's the last puzzle.

Suddenly you reach the final cutscene -- Lea is back on the deck of the ship, being picked up by a helicopter. She says that she saw 112, that he asked her to stay with him permanently, but that she chose instead to return to the human world. So the Messenger Tyriades got her back to the ship and somehow alerted the authorities to pick her up.

Lea says that she has no regrets, and that she's sure 112 will lead a fascinating existence in the world of the Tyriades.

That's how the game ends.

As for your question -- is 112 human or critter? My answer: well, both actually. That's my interpretation, anyway. 112 had realized that he was part of the future of a way to build a bridge between Tyriades and humans. He made a decision to sacrifice his human future to stay with the Tyriades. He spent so much time with the Tyriades, he partially mutated into one of them.

He still had the ability to communicate with humans. And Lea did eventually get to meet him near the end of the game and he asked her to remain with him. But something about him (probably his appearance after the mutations) was so shocking to Lea that she chose to return to the human world after spending the entire game practically killing herself in order to see him one more time.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

#313232 - 04/19/08 03:25 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: Becky]
teresa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Ive given up too. I want entertainment not stress.

#313238 - 04/19/08 03:34 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: teresa]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Thanks for the spoiler, Becky. It sounds like an interesting plot, but after reading all the complaints about how clumsy the interface is (and not just at Gameboomers), I doubt I'll ever buy the game, let alone play it.

#313250 - 04/19/08 04:02 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: Jenny100]
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Southern Exposure
I have the game but I too have given up on it .....for now. It's at the back of my shelf for much....much... later when there is a lull in games to play.
Currently playing Companions Of Xanth

#313256 - 04/19/08 04:19 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: lexxy]
escakacs Offline
Settled Boomer

I'm glad I'm not alone. What got to me the most was her constant nattering in your ear that you're messing up. I tried muting it, but you needed some of her direction to get where you were going. I'm referring to the undergwater stuff. I read in the walkthrough that she complains in the general sequence and that the sequence itself was annoying, so I knew that I'd be a nervous wreck. smashpc***************************************
by the way, my computer handle the game fine. It was ME that had the problem.

Edited by escakacs (04/19/08 04:22 PM)
Edit Reason: clarification

#313435 - 04/20/08 02:42 AM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: escakacs]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I have plot questions that I'd love to discuss with anyone who has finished the game -- anyone have any theories, for instance
Click to reveal..
where the necklace that Lea wears came from? And why she survived the attack on the ship when she couldn't even hide or defend herself?

#313535 - 04/20/08 10:15 AM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: Becky]
escakacs Offline
Settled Boomer

I forgot to thank you for explaing the end of the game to me. It sounds like all the fun stuff was at the end. thanks

#320523 - 05/02/08 07:02 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: Becky]
kimco Offline
Junior Boomer

Hi Becky, I have some thoughts on these questions, and l'd like to share them
Click to reveal..
There are evidences that suggest the tanker base was probably raided by Tyriades, just when the RA troop attacked the base. I wonder whether the timing has anything to do with Nichols. The Tyriades may, with their awareness of the role of Nichols in the prophecy, take action to protect her from the RA troop's assault. If that's the case, they might very well make other arrangement to help Nichols play her role, for example the hibernation, and giving the charm/necklace to her. It's the Tyriades who'd like to see the fulfillment of the prophecy after all. Of course 112 plays a key role behind all of these. May be he is the one who left the message by Nichols' bed.

#320546 - 05/02/08 07:53 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: kimco]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
kimco, I see you have been here awhile but not posted, so welcome to GameBoomers. Becky is currently unavailable, but she'll comment when she is able. I just didn't want you to think she was ignoring you.

Ana wave

#320577 - 05/02/08 09:35 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
kimco Offline
Junior Boomer

Thank you for your kind info, Ana, I don't mind waiting. And I didn't reckon my second post would be coming so soon, considering how long it takes me to post the first one smile

#320582 - 05/02/08 09:45 PM Re: Throwing in the Towel/ The Experiment [Re: kimco]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
lol Too funny!
The first post is always the hardest. Looking forward to many more.

Ana wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (BrownEyedTigre, dianne, Terri824, BobH, gymcandy1, nolalou, Koala, Midge, Rowan), 83 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis
8497 Registered Users