GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#32447 - 03/29/07 12:21 AM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Singapore
Egypt 2 had a brilliant puzzle where you beat on two drums by tapping any key you like on the right side and on the left side of the keyboard. If you listen to the bouncy rhythm of the background music and try to copy it you solve the puzzle and are treated to a short clip of a dance by an egytian lady dancer. Too bad the puzzle was over quickly, I would have loved to bang on the drums a little bit longer.

#32448 - 03/29/07 04:28 PM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
Major Pixel Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: missouri
Quote:
I really like the music in Myst - particularly, Myst IV Revelation and URU Ages beyond Myst (in the Kadish Gallery specifically).
laugh The music in their games is so unique isn't it? I even have the soundtrack with about twelve songs on it. woozy I love it that much!

Edit-I dont believe I quoted that right. oops I was trying to qoute Renee.

#32449 - 03/29/07 04:39 PM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
I'm with the Myst music lovers. There is something haunting to it, or is it the game that makes the music SEEM haunting? think

#32450 - 04/02/07 11:36 PM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
I like background music to be in the background, not so loud it makes hearing the dialogue difficult.

I think spooky music makes a spooky game spooky.

#32451 - 04/04/07 03:49 PM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
Dineke Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Netherlands
I agree about the background music.
But i like a nice intro- and/or end music like f.e. in Sentinel, Runaway, return to mysterious Island.
Also, when no text spoken, in cutscenes. smile wave

#32452 - 04/05/07 01:00 PM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
Daysleeper9 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: FL
Does anyone remember the amazing music in Faust (Seven Games of the Soul)? Fabulous!! I would leave the game running just so I could listen to John Lee Hooker or Sarah Vaughn. Why doesn't anyone sing like THAT anymore...

Daysleeper9 laugh

#32453 - 04/06/07 10:41 AM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Western New York
What I find irritating about game music is when it overpowers what the people are saying. It should be soft when someone is speaking and a tad louder at climatic moments. No matter how you adjust your sound, sometimes you never get it right. Syberia was excellent.

A scary game needs scary music, a funny game needs more cartoon-like music and adventure needs soft music that comes to a peak at climatic moments.

#32454 - 04/07/07 08:31 PM Re: What sort of music do gamers want?
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Sumrall, MS
I played Scratches and Barrow Hill and the music definitely added to the suspense of the game. I would think any music like that would be wonderful bravo I had to turn my speakers off just to go into the basement in Scratches, lol.

Personally I don't use headphones unless I must because they hurt my ears. I am a speaker-person.

Linda wave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
17 registered (Donald, Mad, boidsonly, BrownEyedTigre, Jarkeld, auntiegram, curly, Lex, kjos, 1 invisible), 76 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users