GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#331755 - 05/22/08 10:24 AM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: Koalanut]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
I don't know anyone enloy playing adventure games... duh Only RPGs and action games. That's why i love chit chat with all you grin. Finally i have someone to talk about adventures!

#331802 - 05/22/08 11:38 AM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: Volkana]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
Not a lot where I am from to .Just don t see them on the selves in the shop .I do talk to a friends boy friend about a few point and click games as he as played a few.The rest just look at me and say oh talking computors again .Not interested they just seem to think I am a little mad ......Maybe just a little crazy

#331815 - 05/22/08 12:17 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: dragonuk44]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Oh my, I didn't know there were so many *kids* here on GameBoomers! I mean those of you who are 50 years old.

#331840 - 05/22/08 01:40 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: cl0vis]
HEMLOCK Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Michigan
I knew when I replied to this post someone would take offense shame to my comments, and that was not my intention. oops

Quote:
First Person Shooters like GTA 4 & GOW (Grand Theft Auto 4 & Gears of War) are mindless shoot em ups that are more about fast reflexes than brain power...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these type of games are not fun to play but, give me a good Adventure game any day of the week.

cl0vis I should have chosen some better examples. You are correct GTA 4 is a third person shooter as is GOW. I should have used Halo, Far Cry or Half Life 2 as examples or I should have refered to them just a shooters.

I do enjoy playing other Genre's also Check out my games . I guess I should have been more straightforward in my opinion. I prefer playing Adventure games at my age, because it does help the ole grey matter as someone put it in one of the above posts. Also The shooter genre does have some great games, and I own a lot of them, and I agree that they have some great story lines and that they require you to do some quick thinking. But not everyone. Especially us older folks have the cat like reflexes to play these type of games. While I can hold my own in most of them, there are a few that I can't. I guess its the repetitive and unrelenting mowing down of enemy after enemy that I find can get boring and old after awhile. However, trying to solve idea an extremely difficult puzzle never gets old to me.

Edited by HEMLOCK (05/22/08 03:32 PM)

#331940 - 05/22/08 06:34 PM Re: Adventure Gaming - Lonely? [Re: HEMLOCK]
cl0vis Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: N. KY, USA
Quote:
But not everyone. Especially us older folks have the cat like reflexes to play these type of games.

So, you agree then right ;-) I don't know, besides Doom 3, I haven't played too many FPSs recently that are involve simply mowing down enemies, except a couple that got worse ratings than adventure games on Gamespot. The ones I've played present different situations, cinematic events, and replayability. Halo is pretty boring though; I have no idea why that became so popular. It's one bright spot is that it's a playable FPS with a controller.

Anyway, have you played half-life 2? If you haven't, and this is a general recommendation, go buy The Orange Box. If you put the difficulty on easy the fighting is pretty minor in Half-life. What you'll see are some really interesting physics based puzzles; unlike any I've seen in a standard adventure game. And the you are usually in a "safe area" for those puzzles; you aren't rushed. You get all the Half-life 2 episodes so far, and, OF COURSE, you get Portal! Any adventure gamer should enjoy the puzzles in Portal, and the hilarious GlaDos. Portal and Half-life 2 contain elements that should be in adventure games now, and that could really bring the genre into the 21st century. I really do love adventure games, but the genre is completely stagnant. I'm working on a longer article about this. I know you all just can't wait ;-)

Oh, and I was not offended ;-)

Oh, and to the person who didn't enjoy the fighting sequences in some adventure games: that's because those sequences are terrible!! They almost ruin the games. Just about as bad as the "action" sequences in Indigo Prophecy.

cl0vis

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Marian, Ewil02, Gnabgib, Jarkeld, shroeder, gymcandy1, samuel, Pandora, boidsonly, Laurette), 88 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users