GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#330644 - 05/20/08 12:15 PM Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers)
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan
These are spoilers about the ending, do not read unless you have finished the game

Click to reveal..
[/spoiler] What I know (or think I know): an alien virus (Tuurngait) arrived in Earth many centuries ago, it remained hidden until it was freed some time later, a secret group was studying the virus and built a shelter for this purpose in Greenland.

What I don't know: How it exactly ends, who or what survives after the last scene. I read that "the game ends in a definitive and satisfying conclusion". I obviously missed some part. Can somebody explain it to me?[spoiler]

From The Matrix

#330976 - 05/20/08 09:44 PM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: mcc]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
mcc...I'm not sure how many folks here have played the game. Hopefully someone who has will want to discuss.

Ana wave

#331034 - 05/21/08 12:29 AM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

I finished the game. Without any spoiler, I entirely agree that the finale does not provide total closure. In fact, if I recall correctly, there is a new Penumbra in the works now.

the end sequence is very philosophical and does not gel well with the rest of the game. the explanation also makes little sense.

#331107 - 05/21/08 07:21 AM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: DaveHT]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Well, that does it. Now I have to back in and finish the game! laugh Very philosophical?

#331160 - 05/21/08 08:50 AM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: Becky]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Philosophical? Yes you could say so, it talks about mankind being good but individuals bad and other "facts" but those would be big spoilers and anyway I may be wrong with the interpretation.
The game is worth playing though, personally I prefer having the option of killing or sneaking because unless you know exactly what to do sometimes when trying to sneak you find yourself cornered if you are not fast enough and takes a lot of wasted time.

From The Matrix

#331230 - 05/21/08 10:40 AM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: mcc]
marie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Indiana
The game developers aren't going to make that 3rd game at least that what I read a while ago.

Yes, the ending was very hard to understand a little off beat for this game.

#331333 - 05/21/08 02:52 PM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: marie]
looney4labs Online   content
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Well, I thought I understood the ending.
Click to reveal..
If you veiw the ending of the game in light of the opening screen, then I thought Phillip sent the exact coordinates of the Tuurngait tomb and implored whomever he sent it to to bomb it into oblivion. His conclusion being that no matter the Tuurngait could offer, the costs were too high

However, I might be wrong wave

#331346 - 05/21/08 03:40 PM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: looney4labs]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Click to reveal..
Yes, I think that is so but I didn't follow his thoughts to arrive to that conclusion and I didn't understand why he couldn't conclude the mission and get his friend to do so, would his friend be able to be successful?

Click to reveal..
Also at one time during the tests he was dead and alive at the same time, I think ...

From The Matrix

#331789 - 05/22/08 11:27 AM Re: Penumbra, Black Plague (Story spoilers) [Re: mcc]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

There is an absolutely unique walkthrough on utube in 6 parts where there a movie of someone playing the complete game.

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (exalthim2, Midge, Koala, Mary, Draclvr, oldbroad, Ewil02, CanukDenis, mj2c), 69 Guests and 127 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users