GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
World of Warcraft #340706
06/07/08 11:02 AM
06/07/08 11:02 AM
Amarillo, TX USA
Bruce Fielder Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Bruce Fielder  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Amarillo, TX USA
Yes, this is a review for the MMORPG. I'd like to say, at first, that this is a great game and I really enjoyed this game thoroughly.

Graphics: 8/10

These aren't a major strong point, but they are a bit on the lower side of realism to enhance the gameplay believability. They're meant to make the game look more fake (for lack of a better term) so that you can believe the story and settings easier. For instance, bandits and farmers rarely coexist within 100 yards of each other and a man cannot wield an axe twice the size that he is. The graphics fit the game, but judging from a realistic standpoint it doesn't stand up. That's why it didn't receive all that it could.

Sound: 9/10

The sounds in the game are great, and sound like something straight out of a medieval battle film. Every time you block an enemy's attack with your shield, you hear a loud THUNK as if you were there. It's a great way to enhance the realism while the graphics and gameplay send you mixed messages that give you just the right blend of fiction. The spell sound effects aren't too overdone as they sometimes are in fantasy games. A fireball spell sounds like wood cracking and when it flies through the air it sounds like a loud gust of wind flying past you.

Design: 9/10

The game's look and feel is really incredible. The high-level weapon and armor designs make a paladin look like some sort of angelic being, and a warlock look something resembling Ozzy Osborne. The cartoonic style lets even the outrageously huge weapons become commonplace and acceptable.

Gameplay: 10/10

Everything else about this game only adds to the experience you get with the gameplay. The quests are varied enough to never induce boredom, and they make you feel like you're doing something important in the game world. If you want this feeling however, I cannot say enough: READ THE QUEST DIALOG. There is a screen on the background of the quest that comes up before you recieve the objectives. Read this, or the quests WILL get generic and boring. You must know what you're doing it for, or you will see no point in doing it. Unless you're really good at taking orders and asking no questions whatsoever, the dialog lets you experience the full reward of the quest which isn't just a new piece of armor and some gold. The full reward makes you feel like you're doing something important and worthwhile.

SUMMARY: 10/10

This game is the game you should play no matter who you are. Whether you enjoy making something out of nothing with the crafting system, or ending the scourge of bandits on poor farmers in a water-starved land, or pushing back humans trying to extinguish the dying embers of your race's existence, an adventure can be found anywhere in the game world whether you're doing a quest or not. My advice? Have fun with it. It is a game, games are created for you to have fun. If you don't necessarily feel like questing, go explore a village and talk to people. See what backstories you can learn and maybe figure out what quests you may recieve later on in the game.

It's all up to you. Basically, that's what Blizzard was going for when they created the game. If you feel like doing something, go do it.

There's a whole world out there.

Live by the Golden Rule at all times.
Re: World of Warcraft [Re: Bruce Fielder] #340734
06/07/08 11:34 AM
06/07/08 11:34 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Bruce, how long have you been playing WoW?

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: World of Warcraft [Re: looney4labs] #341057
06/07/08 09:18 PM
06/07/08 09:18 PM
Amarillo, TX USA
Bruce Fielder Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

Amarillo, TX USA
I've not played the game for any length of time. I'm actually still getting my feet wet as the saying goes. Most of the info in the review is from my 14 year old son who is a WOW fan in the nth degree. I will say though that WOW is head and shoulders above the other games of this type I've tried/played.

Re: World of Warcraft [Re: Bruce Fielder] #341180
06/08/08 05:37 AM
06/08/08 05:37 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I liked this comment:

Quote:
...a warlock look something resembling Ozzy Osborne.
lol

What has your experience been like with the other players in the game? Are they friendly for the most part? Do they take the roleplaying seriously? Would you say the game is for all ages, or is a particular demographic being targeted?

Re: World of Warcraft [Re: Becky] #341463
06/08/08 04:11 PM
06/08/08 04:11 PM
Amarillo, TX USA
Bruce Fielder Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

Amarillo, TX USA
Hello Becky,
I would have to say that the game has all ages of players but the majority of them seem to me mostly male and in the age range of 14 to 30. They do take their role playing seriously for the most part. Lots of internet and role playing slang in the text messages but they do seem to be pretty well mannered.

It is a world unto itself and not at all like the adventure games that we all enjoy. It is extremely popular though I do find the overall playing to be very repetitive. Lots of ways to customize your character though and that seems to be one of the major draws of this type of game.

Re: World of Warcraft [Re: Bruce Fielder] #341505
06/08/08 05:45 PM
06/08/08 05:45 PM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Bruce!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Urban Worrier, FlyingDutchman42), 254 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users