GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#341856 - 06/09/08 01:20 PM MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum.
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

Registered: 10/01/04
Posts: 3037
Loc: the Netherlands


(For all the people who don't have a clue what this is all about, please check out the thread Most Common Theme in Adventure Games.)


Chapter one, Introduction

You switch off the computer and go to bed. It's hard to fall asleep after finishing the game. There's a lot to think about, the game was very interesting, or maybe confusing is a more fitting term!
The next morning your clock radio awakens you. It's a news bulletin. The Netherlands defeated Italy in the European Championships with a score of 3-0! Immediately you are wide awake.
After a quick shower you dress to go to work, no time for breakfast now. Time is running out on you. Rushing outside, you're just able to get on the bus to your work. Half an hour later you arrive at the office building where you work.

>enter building

You're not playing computer games, this is the real world!
Oops, you realize you did fall back to your gaming habits.

Walking into the building, you see some colleagues from the office. You greet them and some greet you, but most of them are just staring at you in a peculiar way. You're not still wearing the dunce hat, are you? You put your hands on your head, no, the dunce hat is gone. So why are they looking at you in such a strange manner? You take the elevator to the 13th floor and go to your desk.

The desk looks very orderly, you're sure that's not the way you left it the last time you were here! After turning on the computer, you try to log in. Somehow you're not able to do so. The phone rings....
It's the boss, "Mr. Playor, come to my office please!"
That's nice of him, in all the years you worked here, this is the first time you are invited to come to his office! This can only mean one thing, a promotion. You better go to his office quickly.
You hurry to the office, the manager looks at you.
"Mr. Archibald Graham Playor, it's so kind of you to honour us with a visit. Especially after all the weeks you didn't show up here at work, without any notice of you being ill or any other reason for you not coming. I'm glad to say you're fired, over there in the corner is box with your personal belongings, take it and leave the premises. The security people will guide you out. Goodbye Mr. Playor!"
You're baffled, you pick up the box and walk out. Two guards accompany you to the first floor and out of the door. Clouds are gathering, it looks like a thunderstorm is building up. You look what's inside the cardboard box, it's just your collection of bright yellow rubber duckies. You throw the box into a garbage container and you go home.

Back home, you see the front door is open, through the window a young woman can be seen sitting in the living room. Who is she, why is she in your house?
You go in, knowing you will be able to deal with girl! Before you realize what's happening you are on the floor, held down in an amazingly tight grip, "Don't try anything stupid Archie, after I release you, you'll sit down and listen to me!" Hmm, it could be worth listening to her, even if it's just to get out of this unpleasant position. She loosens the grip and you sit down on the couch.

"Listen Grasshopper and listen very well, I'll be saying this only once. My name is Gina, I work for the Confucius Information Authority."
"The Confused Information Authority?"
"I told you to listen, you idiot. The game you played the last weeks was merely a test to see how well you perform under stress and strange situations. You passed, although you made some strange decisions, to put it mildly. The director wants you to find out more about a strange phenomenon. You know everything on earth is caused by cycles, don't you? The cycle of earth going around the the sun, the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of fashions, the cycle of life and death and many, many more. All of these cycles we know now and we can predict them, but there's one cycle we can't predict. Many people call it the Chaos Cycle, we however prefer to use the term Pandora Pendulum.... It will be your task to find the origin of this mischievous mayhem and I will be helping you. Do you accept this task?"

Totally overwhelmed by the situation and Gina's perfume you nod.

"Alright then, I've some cute gadgets for you. A u-phone with PomPom navigation software, these cool shades and a pen. You will have to find the source of all erratic events. The best way to do so, is to go and talk to the people who are influenced by it most. I'll leave now, I'll contact you later. Bye Archie!"

Before you can say anything Gina is gone, you look at the nice toys she gave you. The shades are really cool, you put them on and you feel like a man in black. You try the pen, but there's no bright light coming out of it as you push the button, bummer. The u-phone shows two pictograms, the PomPom navigation program and a file called ComicBook.pdf.
The thunderstorm that was building is starting now, thunder and lightning follow each other in an increasing speed.
You start the navigation program on the u-phone, there's only one destination available, the sanatorium. You press the icon.


Chapter 2, the sanatorium.

You're in front of the sanatorium, the main gate is closed. The thunderstorm is reaching its peak, rain falls down like waterfall...



Bernard


Edited by Bernard (06/10/08 11:38 PM)

Top
#342048 - 06/09/08 08:01 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Bernard]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Registered: 03/13/08
Posts: 1274
Loc: Michigan
Bernard,

Have you realized how brave we are when we have a save chance? Maybe you should've pressed your save button of real life last night. think
_________________________
If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix

Top
#342049 - 06/09/08 08:04 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: mcc]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Registered: 12/13/03
Posts: 14813
Loc: Northeast NJ
Oh, Bernard

Is this a new adventure game?
_________________________
Luv Dar


GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

Top
#342064 - 06/09/08 08:34 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Bernard]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Registered: 01/04/04
Posts: 65537
Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Darleen, please read Bernard's first post:

Originally Posted By: Bernard

For all the people who don't have a clue what is this all about, please check out the thread Most Common Theme in Adventure Games.




Bernard
_________________________
Don't feed the Trolls

Top
#342066 - 06/09/08 08:36 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Registered: 12/13/03
Posts: 14813
Loc: Northeast NJ
Thanks, Again...Ana oops
_________________________
Luv Dar


GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

Top
#342114 - 06/09/08 10:02 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Darleen03]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Registered: 02/16/00
Posts: 26894
Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Darleen -- the link above shows a recent thread that started out as a discussion of the most common themes in adventure games, and then spontaneously became a sort of group variant of a text adventure that used those common themes. This "text adventure" used the ideas and contributions of several GameBoomers, as you can see if you look through the 25 pages of the old topic.

A new chapter of the text adventure is opening on this thread, and anyone who wants to be part of it is encouraged to join in!

Top
#342138 - 06/09/08 10:45 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Becky]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Registered: 05/30/06
Posts: 165
Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
I'm confused already. headscratch
_________________________
ray

Top
#342151 - 06/09/08 11:42 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: RayBres]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Registered: 02/16/00
Posts: 26894
Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I think that "more will follow" means that Bernard will be posting more of the story/situation soon.

Top
#342328 - 06/10/08 10:57 AM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Becky]
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Registered: 07/29/00
Posts: 11334
Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
Are you/we sure that Bernard hasn't left the next paragraph/action to the next player who wishes to join in so as to continue this 'thread'?
RayBres and Darleen, the idea was and is that anyone who wishes to join in this new 'creation' of an Adventure Game storyline would/could now add the next part of the story to what Bernard has started, taking this storyline off into the world we all 'live' in as we play our varied adventure/rpg games and it makes for one whacky tale with the added laughs of things done in other games or items collected and how they may be used.......take a look at the 'other thread' and you will soon get the idea of how it is played. BTW, how's the weather back there in your area of Chicago? I was born and raised there, retired here to CA in '94.
Love, Betty Lou


Edited by Betty Lou Brewer Jones (06/10/08 11:02 AM)
_________________________
I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"

Top
#342476 - 06/10/08 03:26 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Betty Lou]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Registered: 01/15/05
Posts: 4407
Loc: london uk
Hi all wave Bernard will be posting the introduction to a new adventure - watch this space! When he does, please join in! smile

Top
#342700 - 06/10/08 11:43 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: chrissie]
Bernard Offline
Addicted Boomer

Registered: 10/01/04
Posts: 3037
Loc: the Netherlands
Well guys and girls, the introduction is finished. Sorry it took so long but life can be like an adventure game, it never stops to surprise you! lol
All of you are welcome to join and co-write the new story! Don't be shy, this is an opportunity to realize the dream of writing your own game. luck


Bernard


Edited by Bernard (06/11/08 12:06 AM)

Top
#343333 - 06/12/08 08:04 AM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Bernard]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Registered: 02/16/00
Posts: 26894
Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
To your north is the main gate. To the south is a road winding away, bordered by tall trees. To the west is a path leading along the wrought iron fence. To the east is a forest, with a clearing in the distance where you can see several large, strangely-shaped stones.

>Open gate.

The gate is locked.

>Examine gate.

The gate is made of wrought iron, like the fence. You see an intercom attached to a stone column to the right of the gate.

>Use intercom.

You push a button. Nothing happens. You push another button. Silence. “Is anybody there?” you shout into the intercom. More silence.

>Inv

Inventory contains:

A wire retainer
A live hamster
Shades
A pen
A piece of paper with the letter “S” in parser tongue
A fake Aztec statue
An emerald
A thermal detonator
You are also carrying your u-phone

>Use hamster with intercom.

The hamster ignores the intercom.

>Use fake Aztec statue with intercom.

You bash the intercom with the statue. One of the intercom buttons pops out. Inside you see a frayed wire.

>Use shades.

You put on the shades, which makes it almost impossible to see at all, with the dark and the rain. Thunder rumbles overhead, and you glance to the east. Lightning suddenly strikes, illuminating the clearing with the gigantic stones. You are astonished to see an infrared image appearing on one of the stones. You remove the shades and examine them closely as water drips down your nose – do the shades have a function you didn’t know about? They look perfectly normal.

Suddenly, a garbled voice comes out of the intercom.

“…attempted escape…odd…fireplace…symbol of Cthulhu…”

There’s the sound of static from the intercom, and then it goes dead.

>_

Top
#345102 - 06/15/08 10:15 AM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Becky]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Registered: 01/15/05
Posts: 4407
Loc: london uk
>Examine intercom.
The intercom button has popped out & inside you can see a frayed wire. Maybe you can repair it.

>Look in inventory. “Ah” you think to yourself “maybe the Wire Retainer might do the trick”.

As you take it out of your pocket you hear the sound of a large yawn followed by coughing & spluttering. You then hear the Retainer slowly breath in very deeply & then breath out again “At last” it says “it’s good to get some air into my lungs…. erm, well it’s good to get some air but brrr! it’s sure cold here. ”

“Listen Retainer” you say “I need to use you to try & repair this intercom wire just for a few moments so that I can contact someone in the sanatorium to open the gate.”

“That sound wonderful “ the Retainer replies “that’ll soon warm me up……….Just a minute!…..What sanatorium?....Where are we?........ Where is everyone?.............. How did I get into your pocket? The last time I remember I was hanging from a tree in a greasy handbag that stank of rancid butter, going moldy. Uh! I felt so ill!”

“I’m sorry about that” you say “but it was to keep you safe. You’ve must have been asleep for quite a long time & a lot happened. I’ll tell you about it here & there when I’ve got time but right now I need to get through this gate.”

You tell the Retainer about losing your job, Gina & your current ‘assignment’.
The Retainer extends his sympathies, formally introduces himself as Dean Gum Tooth & requests that you call him Dean.

>Use Dean on intercom wire. The wire now buzzes into life.

>Press remaining button on intercom. A shrill female voice answers “Yes?” You answer explaining that you are doing some research & would like to interview some of the patients.

“Who are you?” the woman asks. “Mr Archibald Graham Player” you say suddenly realising this is not going to work. “MR?” the voice replies “you don’t sound like a man, have you got an identity card?” “No” you say & the voice sneeringly retorts “well, you can’t come in then!”.

>Take Dean, who is now warm & satisfied, & put back in inventory.

You have an identity card at home but the trouble is you have a man’s name, your mugshot is of a St Bernard dog & at the moment you are female & attired in a beautiful ornate Egyptian headdress. What can you do?
>

Top
#345272 - 06/15/08 02:55 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Bernard]
Demosthenes Offline
Addicted Boomer

Registered: 04/14/01
Posts: 2627
Loc: California
>Put on shades

You put the shades back on.

>Use retainer on intercom

"Yeesh lady...er...mister....person...." complains Dean, "I was just starting to warm up!" Grumbling, the retainer hooks into the intercom again.

A croaking male voice answers, “Yes?”

>Ask Dean to speak for you.

Dean explains that you are doing some research and would like to interview some of the patients.

“Who are you?” the man asks.

“Mr Archibald Graham Playor,” responds Dean, in an unmistakably male voice.

The intercom crackles again. "Have you got an identity card?”

"I'm sorry," you complain, forgetting yourself for a moment, "but didn't I just have this conversation? With a woman?"

"Did you?" returns the troubled voice on the other end. "Did you indeed? Oh dear, oh dear, not again...things have been so hectic lately. In fact, I could have sworn I was just speaking to...well, never mind that. Mr. Fink-Nottle, you'll find your identification card in the box near the entryway. I'll send Bertram down to show you up, and then I can speak to you about your new duties. Now then, how do I turn this silly thing--"

Before you can say anything in response, there is a sharp click from the intercom, and the line goes dead. Lazily, the gate swings open.

>er..

The command "er.." is unrecognized.

>Take retainer

You place Dean back in your inventory.

>Enter gate

You enter through the gate, which closes behind you. To your left is a small box marked "Employee IDs". In front of you is a flight of stairs leading to the main entrance to the sanatorium, which is barred and locked with a stout padlock.

>Take ID

You rummage through the Employee IDs until you find one labeled "Edmund Fink-Nottle". Apparently Edmund is a 13-year-old 5' 10" tall male Daschund with red hair and green eyes. At the bottom of the ID card it lists his job description as "Cleaning Lady."

Just as you finish reading the card, you hear a clinking at the door as a tall, dark figure unlocks the sanatorium's padlock and swings open the front door. He walks down the stairs to greet you solemnly.

"Ah," says the butler, looking at your shades. "You must be Mr. Fink-Nottle. The master asked me to bring you to his study. I assume, of course, you have your ID?"

>Give ID to butler

The butler squints at your ID for a disturbingly long time before shaking his head and handing it back to you with a taut nod. "Yes, well, that all looks to be in order. I didn't recognize you at first behind the glasses and the hat, but clearly the likeness is unmistakable! Come in."

Top
#345413 - 06/15/08 07:56 PM Re: MCT II, The Pandora Pendulum. [Re: Demosthenes]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Registered: 02/16/00
Posts: 26894
Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
You follow the butler down a long, dark, wood-paneled hallway. The corridor is lit at intervals with lamps that throw a web-like pattern over the walls and ceiling. A few paintings hang on the walls, showing lonely landscapes with dead, gnarled trees and formless shadows.

You turn a corner and almost trip over a thin girl wearing a hospital gown and holding a blue stuffed rabbit. “I-I’m sorry, miss…” you stutter.

“Edna,” says a squeaky voice that comes from the direction of the stuffed rabbit. “Her name is Edna.” Edna’s eyes remain completely blank.

You follow the butler up a winding staircase and down another corridor. This corridor has windows, one of which has been recently smashed. Buckets and towels have been placed under the window in an attempt to contain the rain that is pouring through the broken glass. The butler pauses in front of a door, opens it, and announces you. He then holds the door open for you. “Dr. Pinkibender will see you now,” he says.

>Enter room.

You enter the room, which is rather small, with books stacked in piles and a desk that takes up half the room. Next to the desk is a fireplace that seems cavernous for such a small space. Behind the desk is a thin man with a bulbous nose, wearing a tan suit and a deer-stalker hat. Traces of ash are on his lower left sleeve. He is smoking a pipe, and bears a striking resemblance to a Great Dane.

He looks at you with kind, sad eyes.

“You bring both life and death,” he says. “Shall we abandon pretence? I know that your skill as a cleaning lady is, shall we say, nonexistent. Is there something else you can offer me?”

>Give emerald to Dr. Pinkibender.

The eyes of the man across the desk become, if possible, even sadder. “I didn’t look for a bribe from you,” he says. “Did you mean to insult me?”

>Give hamster to Dr. Pinkibender.

The hamster ignores Dr. Pinkibender.

>Give thermal detonator to Dr. Pinkibender.

“Aha!” says the man behind the desk as he gingerly accepts the thermal detonator. “Yes, this IS a little beauty. Is the baradium core intact?”

>_





Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >


Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (mabeco, kjos, CanukDenis, luv2travel, BobH, Gimme, Terri824, butterflybabe, Melia, Penny Lane), 53 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users