GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#343284 - 06/12/08 06:39 AM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Karsten]
metamorphium Offline
Settled Boomer

Unfortunately, this is no "inspiration". If you looked at comparison shots, they are direct rips from the respective games.

So it's not a question about texture or sound but of pressing a print screen and pasting it into photoshop. So while we all agree that many games inspire from each other, in this case it's a direct screen grab from tons of existing games including Oblivion, Bloodlines, Silent Hill 4, Fable etc.

www.cbe-software.com

Created Vampires!, Crazy Vampires, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

#343313 - 06/12/08 07:28 AM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: metamorphium]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
More information is now available on Wikipedia. Click here and scroll down to the "Controversy," "External links" and "References" sections.

#343375 - 06/12/08 09:02 AM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Becky]
alkis21 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Athens, Greece
I understand people's concerns regarding how this may affect other independent developers, but I can assure you that as far as my company is concerned I'm not worried at all. If your conscience is clear, it's very easy to prove that all the work included in your game is yours: I have all the necessary paperwork and in fact I spent quite a lot of money to insure that everything is not only proved to be mine, but also copyrighted. I can't imagine why a publisher would not want to do business with me.

#343482 - 06/12/08 12:11 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: alkis21]
Sally(MG) Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Canada
How in the name of ______ did they think they could get away with this? Their names are in the media, pictures were taken, they were published in NA and Europe.

I mean, sure, they made this game, got it published, got some money for it (that will soon be sued off of them wholesale) but the only way this could've gone unnoticed is if we're still getting games on floppy disks and the internet doesn't exist.

I just can't understand the mentality of the person who thinks that he can slap his name as "game designer" and use major commercial game screenshots.

#343524 - 06/12/08 01:24 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Sally(MG)]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
I just looked at the comparison screenshots Of limbo & oblivion..

They are the same.. eek

I guess there work wasn't there own.. shame

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#343527 - 06/12/08 01:26 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Darleen03]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Darleen, that's what all this is about. It goes far beyond Oblivion.

#343528 - 06/12/08 01:27 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Becky]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
It would appear at this point that they have ripped off so many different games (and movies as well), that the challenge now is to find something in the way of graphics that IS indeed theirs, and original.

#343570 - 06/12/08 02:35 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Marian]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
After all the abuse that Inferno got & the subsequent posts by other members of the team defending S Bovis & themselves I just can't see them as anything but a bunch of p********s.

Here are the 'young & hotheaded' culprits: (I hope it's okay to post this link from JA)

http://www.kentmessenger.co.uk/paper/default.asp?article_id=9644&slide_id=1& amp;newspage=2&searchkeyword=&searchpage=1

It seems now that their 'fate & destiny' is that their arrogance will cost them a lot more financially than they've made from the game as it looks like they are going to be sued bigtime.

#343579 - 06/12/08 02:52 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Sally(MG)]
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Sally(MG)
How in the name of ______ did they think they could get away with this? Their names are in the media, pictures were taken, they were published in NA and Europe.

It depends, if the intent was to steal from other games to profit by it, I suspect they knew it would blow up at some point. If that is / was their thinking, it is likely they took their initial payday and are long gone.

On the other hand if they were so foolish to believe nobody would notice well they deserve the flak.

Based upon the reviews, reception and overall end product of the game the former is more likely. If so they have new names, a new location and perhaps even another game under production.

Time will tell.

Edited by oldmariner (06/12/08 02:53 PM)

#343582 - 06/12/08 03:02 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: oldmariner]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

My other thought was that the notoriety attached to the game along with a publisher pulling out would push up the value of any copies put into circulation but not necessarily by people who have bought the game.... (tell me off if I'm being too wicked here.)

#343598 - 06/12/08 03:32 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: chrissie]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
This is very sad news... frown

I think I will hold on to my Copy of Limbo...Might make me some money on Ebay lol

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#343600 - 06/12/08 03:40 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Darleen03]
SkeeterUK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17885450

Lots of comparison shots on this topic also. Wow really surprised a publisher didnt know of this. And to the developers of limbo, shame on you. Stealing others work is a crime and i hope they get whats coming to them. Theives..

--

Hmm when was limbo released, it wasnt released on april 1st was it by chance? laugh

Edited by SkeeterUK (06/12/08 03:49 PM)

#343605 - 06/12/08 03:48 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: SkeeterUK]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Chrissie -- thinking that a now-famous game whose publisher is pulling all copies at the moment of publication would (possibly) increase in value -- is that wicked? Sssshh!

Click to reveal..
Attention! BAAGers find your plastic! On your marks, get set...

#343609 - 06/12/08 03:59 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Becky]
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, although I consider myself a collector of adventure game and enjoy buying 'rarities'; I am glad I did not spend any of my money on these frauds. It may become quite valuable one day, but it'll be a lacking in my collection that I will not regret one bit.

#343615 - 06/12/08 04:09 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Becky]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Becky, I was thinking more that the developers would be in a position to flog copies themselves on E-bay but thinking about it, it would probably not compensate for their legal bill.

Click to reveal..
Wish I'd bought more copies & must remember to phone my mother & try & convince her that the one I bought her as a present was just one that I lent her & she has to give it back soon! devil lol

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (weakstorm, Rushes, Carolin, Space Quest Fan, Volkana, Pandora, kjos, Mad), 63 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl
8418 Registered Users