GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#343621 - 06/12/08 04:21 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: chrissie]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Pollo -- thumbsup

Chrissie -- I've done exactly that, though in my case with Cassandra Galleries.

#343622 - 06/12/08 04:22 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Becky]
The Haze Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: SE Michigan
duh Ignoring all this well-deserved shock and amazement for the moment, am I the only one who thought it was a fairly lousy game? I admit it was presented as a grotesquely unique game, but most of the other elements which reviewers actually review seemed ill-done or carelessly completed. I was, in fact, prepared to write rather negative review of it myself. [A note of honesty here, I haven't finished the last level, so perhaps that saves it.] headscratch

Edited by The Haze (06/12/08 04:23 PM)

#343634 - 06/12/08 04:42 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: The Haze]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
I can't believe these guys made all this money off of another person's work...

I did think in the beginning that there was a lot of Hoop-La with this game...Sort of like game hype....

They charged $40.00 for this game ..Which was way to much for wandering around aimlessly smirk

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#343651 - 06/12/08 05:07 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: The Haze]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
I thought it was overall a very entertaining and humorous game with nice scenery (cough!) & good voice acting. I liked the different styles of each level even if I thought them a little incongruous with each other. I personally thought the game worked & had an unusual quality about it. It's seems debatable now as to how much of the game was actually the original work of the developers as I've since read something else referring to plagiarised dialogue!

Another thing I thought about was flotsam's 2008 'twisty' list which I believe is to start this weekend. I've already done a provisional list & Limbo of the Lost already wasn't a contender for the top 21 for me so I'm quite relieved! But I wondered how this is going to affect submissions by other players?

#343671 - 06/12/08 06:01 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: chrissie]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

I think...And please correct me if I am wrong...

That the game a couple of months ago came from Sing a Pore...SO no one noticed until it got published by Tri Synergy ...

It sort of breeze by everyone until it hit the USA publisher duh

GameBoomers

#343682 - 06/12/08 06:38 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Darleen03]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Darleen -- for some reason, the UK publisher sent out a bunch of copies to an Asian distributor before the game became available in the UK. (It might have been Singapore, I don't remember exactly.) That's where the GameBoomers got their hands on it.

I believe that, for the past few months, it has been possible to purchase the game via the UK publisher's store (UK publisher is G2 Games).

Tri Synergy was about to release the game in the US and sent around copies to the reviewers of various websites and magazines. One of those reviewers, who apparently plays RPGs and has a good eye for graphical detail, noticed the similarities between the two games.

I think that's what's happened so far.

#343705 - 06/12/08 08:02 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Becky]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Oh well...Lesson learned I say...On to better games yay

GameBoomers

#343716 - 06/12/08 08:30 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Darleen03]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Originally Posted By: Darleen2003
See Becky That's what I said...The fraud didn't get noticed till it hit the USA....
The foreign countries didn't find it

Darleen, it has nothing to do with it. The game has not been released here in the US yet as you can see Here . Review copies were sent out with the G2 publisher also to the US, before Tri-Synergy ever agreed to publish it here. It just took a keen eye to make the connection. Once the connection was made, it was then looked at with a different eye and more things were found.

Ana wave

#343718 - 06/12/08 08:41 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

This is indeed an most unusual and tragic event for the adventure game community.

Does anyone know if this has ever happened to any adventure game before? Or any video game in general?

#343724 - 06/12/08 08:52 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: DaveHT]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks, Ana

Does anyone know who had the keen eye? I would love to know that... bravo

GameBoomers

#343726 - 06/12/08 08:53 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Darleen03]
Sonic Boomer

It was posted on the other thread I linked to. Here is the original breaking news.

Ana wave

#343729 - 06/12/08 08:58 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks, Ana

I am so amazed by this...I think maybe this is first with adventure games...Do you "agree:"?

GameBoomers

#343733 - 06/12/08 09:00 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Darleen03]
Ivinia Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I think it comes down to someone playing who is pretty familiar with the game (Oblivion) and has played it fairly recently. Even then I would suspect that for most it wouldn't even register because no one would even consider for a moment that a developer with a publishing contract would be THAT brazen.

Once someone pointed out the store in the imperial city, it was like a switch went off and all of a sudden you see TONS of things from other games in there.

#343735 - 06/12/08 09:04 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: Darleen03]
Sonic Boomer

DArleen, I think it's safe to say that nothing has surfaced to this extent.

Ivinia, the second I showed my son the screenshots yesterday he recognized the Oblivion scenes. I played Oblivion and never made the connection. Now that I know it, I remember all the scenes.

Ana wave

#343739 - 06/12/08 09:08 PM Re: Message from Tri Synergy about Limbo of the Lost [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

My son also played Oblivion...But he doesn't play adventure games...I never played oblivion...So I hadn't a clue...

Well...I said enough about Limbo...On this thread...

Its just a sad day when people steal others hard work to make a profit..

Very Sad frown

GameBoomers

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (3dobermans, Sorta Blonde, Sherlock, CCbomber, Sondi, BrownEyedTigre, Marian, CanukDenis, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users