GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! #364087
07/21/08 06:40 PM
07/21/08 06:40 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I can't find much discussion of what happened in the game, so I decided to start this thread.
If you don't want spoilers, don't read this until you've completed the game.

Click to reveal..
I don't understand why Perry thought he had to stop the communication between QB and the Illochim. Some of the Arkonides might have wanted to use Illochim technology to conquer the universe, but it seemed to me that QB only wanted to communicate with them and learn about them. Wasn't that what Daellian said about him -- that QB was obsessed with learning about the Illochim?

Was the disease on the Lower Levels of Gom Calladeus the result of research into biological weapons and the germs escaping containment? Or was it intentionally created and released in order to keep people out of the Lower Levels? Maybe it was created as a biological weapon and QB caused it to be released so he could have privacy?

In the end I couldn't tell for sure if the Illochim spaceship was blown up or whether it just took off and warped away through another dimension. I did see a ship rising out of the explosions and vanishing, but couldn't tell if it was Bully's ship or the Illochim ship. It looked a lot like the Illochim ship, though I don't know what Bully's ship looked like.

It occurred to me that QB making contact with the Illochim on their ship might have caused some sort of signal to be sent to Illochim (or other advanced beings) elsewhere -- like touching the "stainless steel Hershey bar" in the movie/book 2001 sent a signal about the state of mankind's evolution. I could be totally off about that though, since this game is my first encounter with the Perry Rhodan universe.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with the Perry Rhodan books can clear up some of my questions. Was the plot of the game taken from any of the books?

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #364101
07/21/08 07:18 PM
07/21/08 07:18 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Jenny,

This game is also my first introduction to Perry Rhodan.
I checked the history and found this Wiki info interesting.
That might answer some questions that you have until someone more familiar can give us their input.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: MaG] #364107
07/21/08 07:29 PM
07/21/08 07:29 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Jenny100, Hi

I am almost at the end of this game...I can't give you any insight On The Whys & Why not...I just enjoy what I am playing..

I never look for politically correct answers to a game..

That's why maybe I am an easy pleased Adventure Gamer grin

I do recommend Gamers play this game...As the Art work is beautiful...

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03] #364147
07/21/08 08:55 PM
07/21/08 08:55 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Maybe I should have left out those last two sentences.
You don't have to be familiar with all the books to have an opinion on what happened in the game.

Once you've finished it, Darleen, see if you have an opinion about the things I asked about in my "spoiler."

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #364152
07/21/08 09:01 PM
07/21/08 09:01 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Ok, Hun

I will try...But like I said I never go very deep in an story..
Thats just me....

If I get too deep in an AG ...To me it gets to involved in the writers work...So I always try not too get to opinionated on a game..

monky

I think a lot of things are un said & done in order to make another game... duh

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03] #364220
07/22/08 01:15 AM
07/22/08 01:15 AM
Piraeus/Greece
Taurnil Offline
Settled Boomer
Taurnil  Offline
Settled Boomer

Piraeus/Greece
I enjoyed it very much. The story, the riddles and of course the outcome but I also don't get too deep in the story unless of course it's really interesting; maybe in Still Life perhaps.

....set the controls for the heart of the sun....
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Taurnil] #364240
07/22/08 04:23 AM
07/22/08 04:23 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Am I the only one who thought the story in this game was worth talking about?

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #364268
07/22/08 05:53 AM
07/22/08 05:53 AM
Piraeus/Greece
Taurnil Offline
Settled Boomer
Taurnil  Offline
Settled Boomer

Piraeus/Greece
Well, we can't say that we stayed stolid to the story and furthermore to the advancement of it. But personally I was so engrossed in the 'solving path' that I didn't search further for 'facts and figures'. Of course I have also questions about the story but as a whole I spent my time pleasantly and happy not forgetting the happy end!

....set the controls for the heart of the sun....
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Taurnil] #364276
07/22/08 06:17 AM
07/22/08 06:17 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Jenny -- the plot is original to the game, and isn't taken from one of the books.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I hope to in the next week or so and I'd love to talk about the plot as soon as I've finished.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Becky] #364455
07/22/08 01:42 PM
07/22/08 01:42 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Thanks, Becky. I look forward to it.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #364476
07/22/08 03:08 PM
07/22/08 03:08 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Jenny...

I am on the final chapter...I will get back to you on the ending...

I am still not finished, but almost got freaked out...the game crashed on me entering the lower levels...I restarted my computer & thought I lost all my progress...Thank Heavens for the Auto save feature the game has... WHEW

Last edited by Darleen2003; 07/22/08 05:15 PM.

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03] #364546
07/22/08 06:44 PM
07/22/08 06:44 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
I thought the ending was very rushed - unfortunate since I thought it was interesting.
Something that bothered me though was
Click to reveal..
if Perry is immortal, why was he confined to the station? Unless there was the danger of him being put in some kind of limbo like the one assassin or something

I think I need to play it a second time to understand it better. Maybe
Click to reveal..
QB wanted to keep the Illochim as part of the museum, and needed Perry to set up the means of communication so he could absorb their knowledge? But Perry wanted to free them

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: nickie] #364555
07/22/08 07:03 PM
07/22/08 07:03 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: nickie
I thought the ending was very rushed - unfortunate since I thought it was interesting.

I agree. It did seem rushed.

Quote:
Something that bothered me though was
Click to reveal..
if Perry is immortal, why was he confined to the station? Unless there was the danger of him being put in some kind of limbo like the one assassin or something

Click to reveal..
I think he's only immortal in that he doesn't age. He's not unkillable.

Quote:
I think I need to play it a second time to understand it better. Maybe
Click to reveal..
QB wanted to keep the Illochim as part of the museum, and needed Perry to set up the means of communication so he could absorb their knowledge? But Perry wanted to free them

I hadn't considered that possibility.
Thanks, Nickie.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #364587
07/22/08 08:30 PM
07/22/08 08:30 PM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
I really enjoyed this game and I never read the books although I will take a look for them now .I think there was a series on the tele what I watched as a child in the 60s wave

s wheeldon
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #367957
07/29/08 05:25 PM
07/29/08 05:25 PM
S
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer
SirGraham  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

I don't think spoiler tags are necessary since the thread's title gives a fair warning, but just in case don't read any further unless you finished the game smile

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I don't understand why Perry thought he had to stop the communication between QB and the Illochim. Some of the Arkonides might have wanted to use Illochim technology to conquer the universe, but it seemed to me that QB only wanted to communicate with them and learn about them. Wasn't that what Daellian said about him -- that QB was obsessed with learning about the Illochim?

Well, I'm not sure but I thought QB was dangerous but not because of purely evil plans, but because he's a potentially dangerous entity and him using this knowledge might put the galaxy at risk, even if he doesn't intend to (simply because he doesn't care what will be the side-effects of his actions, for good or bad).

In the end I couldn't tell for sure if the Illochim spaceship was blown up or whether it just took off and warped away through another dimension. I did see a ship rising out of the explosions and vanishing, but couldn't tell if it was Bully's ship or the Illochim ship. It looked a lot like the Illochim ship, though I don't know what Bully's ship looked like.

The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE!!

Originally Posted By: nickie

It definitely was, what a disappointment. Not enough was revealed about the Illochim, since Perry killed them, and we didn't even get to see the reunion of Perry and Mondra! Maybe there'll be a patch like there was for Tunguska smile
Another disappointment was Perry's reaction when he saw the Illochim - he was completely careless that he finally "solved" the myth! He should have shown SOME excitment!

I think he's only immortal in that he doesn't age. He's not unkillable.

That's correct.

Originally Posted By: dragonuk44
I think there was a series on the tele what I watched as a child in the 60s wave

There were many similar shows, but Perry Rhodan never got a TV series, definitely not in English (there was a movie though).

Now a question of my own: can anyone with good hearing PLEASE write here whatever QB says in the ending? These are the closing lines of the game and I couldn't understand anything frown there are no subtitles in cutscenes and the music can't be silenced... if not the whole thing then at least a summary frown

And here's my short list of complaints:
1. Only 7 save slots.
2. Water not animated.
3. No subtitles in cutscenes, nor a possibility to turn off music.
4. Perry's reaction to the Illochim and the poor ending.
5. S key not showing EVERYTHING all the time.
6. Some dialog lines got cut because something automatic happened too soon (like when Kari suggests to feed the Blue, and then there's the newsbreak).

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #368029
07/29/08 07:55 PM
07/29/08 07:55 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Just in case spoiler
Click to reveal..

Originally Posted By: SirGraham
The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE

If that's what happened, then I agree completely. What a waste! I'd have liked to learn more about them. And think about how you'd feel if they were humans whose ship had crashed on a desolate planetoid, and had put themselves in suspended animation to conserve resources, hoping that they'd someday be found and revived. Or maybe they'd been put in suspended animation in preparation for an eon's long space flight, with the ship's functions on automatic. Either way they were intelligent beings who had lives they hoped to continue, possibly with family and friends back home. Then some muttonhead comes along and kills everyone because he thinks they're "too dangerous" or something, despite that he has no idea what they're talking about while they're trying to communicate. Why would Perry assume the Illochim were sharing secrets about advanced technology with QB anyway? More likely they'd start out by learning each other's language so they could communicate.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #368140
07/30/08 01:02 AM
07/30/08 01:02 AM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
I m going to see if I can get the film .I thought there was a series as a child but have been informed it was a film .I must watch the film .Maybe the book would be better .I just wonder if they cut pieces out because it would have been more costly . think wave

s wheeldon
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: dragonuk44] #368145
07/30/08 01:41 AM
07/30/08 01:41 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Sir Graham said
Click to reveal..
The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE!!

How do you know that for sure? I suspected that was the case, but really, really hoped it wasn't. sad

And I guess I just really don't understand the semi-immortal thing. You can't get sick and die, but you can get injured and die?

Last edited by nickie; 07/30/08 01:44 AM.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: nickie] #368154
07/30/08 03:01 AM
07/30/08 03:01 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I thought the semi-immortal thing was like the elves in Lord of the Rings -- they were so long-lived as to be virtually immortal, but if they fought in battle (for instance) they could be killed.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Becky] #368510
07/30/08 05:01 PM
07/30/08 05:01 PM
Cleveland Ohio
Heidi Offline
Settled Boomer
Heidi  Offline
Settled Boomer

Cleveland Ohio
How I perceived why Perry killed the Ilochim off was because of the images he received from them when he communicated with them. They were a race of killers and to save the world from being annihilated, he had to kill them. The images he received from them showed other planets or worlds being destroyed by them.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Becky] #368555
07/30/08 06:25 PM
07/30/08 06:25 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Becky
I thought the semi-immortal thing was like the elves in Lord of the Rings -- they were so long-lived as to be virtually immortal, but if they fought in battle (for instance) they could be killed.

There's also the aspect that he heals fast and is good at fighting off disease. For example, when he gave away the antiserum for the plague, he mentioned his "cell regeneration" (or whatever it was) would fight off the disease in the Mines.

Originally Posted By: Heidi
How I perceived why Perry killed the Ilochim off was because of the images he received from them when he communicated with them. They were a race of killers and to save the world from being annihilated, he had to kill them. The images he received from them showed other planets or worlds being destroyed by them.

If that is true, they should have made it clearer. I couldn't make anything out of those images he received from the Illochim, and Perry did not say anything to enlighten me. If the Illochim were the inspiration for both angels and dragons in art, it isn't clear that the entire race was either "good" or "evil."

But you may be right -- because it's the only explanation that redeems Perry -- if he realized that they were going to destroy his universe if they were freed.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #369383
08/01/08 01:12 PM
08/01/08 01:12 PM
Germany
slydos Offline
Settled Boomer
slydos  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
Originally Posted By: SirGraham

And here's my short list of complaints:
1. Only 7 save slots.
2. Water not animated.
3. No subtitles in cutscenes, nor a possibility to turn off music.
4. Perry's reaction to the Illochim and the poor ending.
5. S key not showing EVERYTHING all the time.
6. Some dialog lines got cut because something automatic happened too soon (like when Kari suggests to feed the Blue, and then there's the newsbreak).

Only a small remark:
The fluid or substance you've seen was to protect or keep the alien spacecraft in it safe. I don't think that it should be animated or react like simple water. smile

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: slydos] #369408
08/01/08 02:24 PM
08/01/08 02:24 PM
Singapore
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer
Benedict  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Singapore
Sounds like another weak game that ruins a well-loved franchise. Sigh...

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Benedict] #369415
08/01/08 03:04 PM
08/01/08 03:04 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Bebnedict, Perry Rhodan was an excellent game......perhaps not everything is meant to be over analyzed and just meant to be enjoyed.

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #369583
08/01/08 10:43 PM
08/01/08 10:43 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Benedict,
If I hadn't enjoyed the game (for the most part) and been interested in what happened, I wouldn't have bothered to make a thread about it. I thought the ending was unclear, that's all. And I'd certainly buy another Perry Rhodan game if they made one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, manxman), 249 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users