GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#364087 - 07/21/08 06:40 PM Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!!
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I can't find much discussion of what happened in the game, so I decided to start this thread.
If you don't want spoilers, don't read this until you've completed the game.

Click to reveal..
I don't understand why Perry thought he had to stop the communication between QB and the Illochim. Some of the Arkonides might have wanted to use Illochim technology to conquer the universe, but it seemed to me that QB only wanted to communicate with them and learn about them. Wasn't that what Daellian said about him -- that QB was obsessed with learning about the Illochim?

Was the disease on the Lower Levels of Gom Calladeus the result of research into biological weapons and the germs escaping containment? Or was it intentionally created and released in order to keep people out of the Lower Levels? Maybe it was created as a biological weapon and QB caused it to be released so he could have privacy?

In the end I couldn't tell for sure if the Illochim spaceship was blown up or whether it just took off and warped away through another dimension. I did see a ship rising out of the explosions and vanishing, but couldn't tell if it was Bully's ship or the Illochim ship. It looked a lot like the Illochim ship, though I don't know what Bully's ship looked like.

It occurred to me that QB making contact with the Illochim on their ship might have caused some sort of signal to be sent to Illochim (or other advanced beings) elsewhere -- like touching the "stainless steel Hershey bar" in the movie/book 2001 sent a signal about the state of mankind's evolution. I could be totally off about that though, since this game is my first encounter with the Perry Rhodan universe.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with the Perry Rhodan books can clear up some of my questions. Was the plot of the game taken from any of the books?

#364101 - 07/21/08 07:18 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Jenny,

This game is also my first introduction to Perry Rhodan.
I checked the history and found this Wiki info interesting.
That might answer some questions that you have until someone more familiar can give us their input.

#364107 - 07/21/08 07:29 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: MaG]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Jenny100, Hi

I am almost at the end of this game...I can't give you any insight On The Whys & Why not...I just enjoy what I am playing..

I never look for politically correct answers to a game..

That's why maybe I am an easy pleased Adventure Gamer grin

I do recommend Gamers play this game...As the Art work is beautiful...

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#364147 - 07/21/08 08:55 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Maybe I should have left out those last two sentences.
You don't have to be familiar with all the books to have an opinion on what happened in the game.

Once you've finished it, Darleen, see if you have an opinion about the things I asked about in my "spoiler."

#364152 - 07/21/08 09:01 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Ok, Hun

I will try...But like I said I never go very deep in an story..
Thats just me....

If I get too deep in an AG ...To me it gets to involved in the writers work...So I always try not too get to opinionated on a game..

monky

I think a lot of things are un said & done in order to make another game... duh

GameBoomers

#364220 - 07/22/08 01:15 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03]
Taurnil Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Piraeus/Greece
I enjoyed it very much. The story, the riddles and of course the outcome but I also don't get too deep in the story unless of course it's really interesting; maybe in Still Life perhaps.

#364240 - 07/22/08 04:23 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Taurnil]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Am I the only one who thought the story in this game was worth talking about?

#364268 - 07/22/08 05:53 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
Taurnil Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Piraeus/Greece
Well, we can't say that we stayed stolid to the story and furthermore to the advancement of it. But personally I was so engrossed in the 'solving path' that I didn't search further for 'facts and figures'. Of course I have also questions about the story but as a whole I spent my time pleasantly and happy not forgetting the happy end!

#364276 - 07/22/08 06:17 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Taurnil]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Jenny -- the plot is original to the game, and isn't taken from one of the books.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I hope to in the next week or so and I'd love to talk about the plot as soon as I've finished.

#364455 - 07/22/08 01:42 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Becky]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Becky. I look forward to it.

#364476 - 07/22/08 03:08 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Jenny...

I am on the final chapter...I will get back to you on the ending...

I am still not finished, but almost got freaked out...the game crashed on me entering the lower levels...I restarted my computer & thought I lost all my progress...Thank Heavens for the Auto save feature the game has... WHEW

Edited by Darleen2003 (07/22/08 05:15 PM)

GameBoomers

#364546 - 07/22/08 06:44 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I thought the ending was very rushed - unfortunate since I thought it was interesting.
Something that bothered me though was
Click to reveal..
if Perry is immortal, why was he confined to the station? Unless there was the danger of him being put in some kind of limbo like the one assassin or something

I think I need to play it a second time to understand it better. Maybe
Click to reveal..
QB wanted to keep the Illochim as part of the museum, and needed Perry to set up the means of communication so he could absorb their knowledge? But Perry wanted to free them

#364555 - 07/22/08 07:03 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: nickie]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: nickie
I thought the ending was very rushed - unfortunate since I thought it was interesting.

I agree. It did seem rushed.

Quote:
Something that bothered me though was
Click to reveal..
if Perry is immortal, why was he confined to the station? Unless there was the danger of him being put in some kind of limbo like the one assassin or something

Click to reveal..
I think he's only immortal in that he doesn't age. He's not unkillable.

Quote:
I think I need to play it a second time to understand it better. Maybe
Click to reveal..
QB wanted to keep the Illochim as part of the museum, and needed Perry to set up the means of communication so he could absorb their knowledge? But Perry wanted to free them

I hadn't considered that possibility.
Thanks, Nickie.

#364587 - 07/22/08 08:30 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
I really enjoyed this game and I never read the books although I will take a look for them now .I think there was a series on the tele what I watched as a child in the 60s wave

#367957 - 07/29/08 05:25 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer

I don't think spoiler tags are necessary since the thread's title gives a fair warning, but just in case don't read any further unless you finished the game smile

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I don't understand why Perry thought he had to stop the communication between QB and the Illochim. Some of the Arkonides might have wanted to use Illochim technology to conquer the universe, but it seemed to me that QB only wanted to communicate with them and learn about them. Wasn't that what Daellian said about him -- that QB was obsessed with learning about the Illochim?

Well, I'm not sure but I thought QB was dangerous but not because of purely evil plans, but because he's a potentially dangerous entity and him using this knowledge might put the galaxy at risk, even if he doesn't intend to (simply because he doesn't care what will be the side-effects of his actions, for good or bad).

In the end I couldn't tell for sure if the Illochim spaceship was blown up or whether it just took off and warped away through another dimension. I did see a ship rising out of the explosions and vanishing, but couldn't tell if it was Bully's ship or the Illochim ship. It looked a lot like the Illochim ship, though I don't know what Bully's ship looked like.

The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE!!

Originally Posted By: nickie

It definitely was, what a disappointment. Not enough was revealed about the Illochim, since Perry killed them, and we didn't even get to see the reunion of Perry and Mondra! Maybe there'll be a patch like there was for Tunguska smile
Another disappointment was Perry's reaction when he saw the Illochim - he was completely careless that he finally "solved" the myth! He should have shown SOME excitment!

I think he's only immortal in that he doesn't age. He's not unkillable.

That's correct.

Originally Posted By: dragonuk44
I think there was a series on the tele what I watched as a child in the 60s wave

There were many similar shows, but Perry Rhodan never got a TV series, definitely not in English (there was a movie though).

Now a question of my own: can anyone with good hearing PLEASE write here whatever QB says in the ending? These are the closing lines of the game and I couldn't understand anything frown there are no subtitles in cutscenes and the music can't be silenced... if not the whole thing then at least a summary frown

And here's my short list of complaints:
1. Only 7 save slots.
2. Water not animated.
3. No subtitles in cutscenes, nor a possibility to turn off music.
4. Perry's reaction to the Illochim and the poor ending.
5. S key not showing EVERYTHING all the time.
6. Some dialog lines got cut because something automatic happened too soon (like when Kari suggests to feed the Blue, and then there's the newsbreak).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (Marian, venus, Rushes, curly), 65 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mistywarren, keonie, cattitude, Jerrnej, greacia
8508 Registered Users