GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#368029 - 07/29/08 07:55 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Just in case spoiler
Click to reveal..

Originally Posted By: SirGraham
The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE

If that's what happened, then I agree completely. What a waste! I'd have liked to learn more about them. And think about how you'd feel if they were humans whose ship had crashed on a desolate planetoid, and had put themselves in suspended animation to conserve resources, hoping that they'd someday be found and revived. Or maybe they'd been put in suspended animation in preparation for an eon's long space flight, with the ship's functions on automatic. Either way they were intelligent beings who had lives they hoped to continue, possibly with family and friends back home. Then some muttonhead comes along and kills everyone because he thinks they're "too dangerous" or something, despite that he has no idea what they're talking about while they're trying to communicate. Why would Perry assume the Illochim were sharing secrets about advanced technology with QB anyway? More likely they'd start out by learning each other's language so they could communicate.

#368140 - 07/30/08 01:02 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
I m going to see if I can get the film .I thought there was a series as a child but have been informed it was a film .I must watch the film .Maybe the book would be better .I just wonder if they cut pieces out because it would have been more costly . think wave

#368145 - 07/30/08 01:41 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: dragonuk44]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Sir Graham said
Click to reveal..
The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE!!

How do you know that for sure? I suspected that was the case, but really, really hoped it wasn't. sad

And I guess I just really don't understand the semi-immortal thing. You can't get sick and die, but you can get injured and die?

Edited by nickie (07/30/08 01:44 AM)

#368154 - 07/30/08 03:01 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: nickie]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I thought the semi-immortal thing was like the elves in Lord of the Rings -- they were so long-lived as to be virtually immortal, but if they fought in battle (for instance) they could be killed.

#368510 - 07/30/08 05:01 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Becky]
Heidi Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Cleveland Ohio
How I perceived why Perry killed the Ilochim off was because of the images he received from them when he communicated with them. They were a race of killers and to save the world from being annihilated, he had to kill them. The images he received from them showed other planets or worlds being destroyed by them.

#368555 - 07/30/08 06:25 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Becky]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: Becky
I thought the semi-immortal thing was like the elves in Lord of the Rings -- they were so long-lived as to be virtually immortal, but if they fought in battle (for instance) they could be killed.

There's also the aspect that he heals fast and is good at fighting off disease. For example, when he gave away the antiserum for the plague, he mentioned his "cell regeneration" (or whatever it was) would fight off the disease in the Mines.

Originally Posted By: Heidi
How I perceived why Perry killed the Ilochim off was because of the images he received from them when he communicated with them. They were a race of killers and to save the world from being annihilated, he had to kill them. The images he received from them showed other planets or worlds being destroyed by them.

If that is true, they should have made it clearer. I couldn't make anything out of those images he received from the Illochim, and Perry did not say anything to enlighten me. If the Illochim were the inspiration for both angels and dragons in art, it isn't clear that the entire race was either "good" or "evil."

But you may be right -- because it's the only explanation that redeems Perry -- if he realized that they were going to destroy his universe if they were freed.

#369383 - 08/01/08 01:12 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
slydos Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Germany

And here's my short list of complaints:
1. Only 7 save slots.
2. Water not animated.
3. No subtitles in cutscenes, nor a possibility to turn off music.
4. Perry's reaction to the Illochim and the poor ending.
5. S key not showing EVERYTHING all the time.
6. Some dialog lines got cut because something automatic happened too soon (like when Kari suggests to feed the Blue, and then there's the newsbreak).

Only a small remark:
The fluid or substance you've seen was to protect or keep the alien spacecraft in it safe. I don't think that it should be animated or react like simple water. smile

#369408 - 08/01/08 02:24 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: slydos]
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Singapore
Sounds like another weak game that ruins a well-loved franchise. Sigh...

#369415 - 08/01/08 03:04 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Benedict]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Bebnedict, Perry Rhodan was an excellent game......perhaps not everything is meant to be over analyzed and just meant to be enjoyed.

Ana

#369583 - 08/01/08 10:43 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Benedict,
If I hadn't enjoyed the game (for the most part) and been interested in what happened, I wouldn't have bothered to make a thread about it. I thought the ending was unclear, that's all. And I'd certainly buy another Perry Rhodan game if they made one.

#369891 - 08/02/08 03:49 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Heidi]
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: dragonuk44
I m going to see if I can get the film

Good luck, ain't gonna be easy. This IMDb page might get you started.

Originally Posted By: nickie
Sir Graham said
Click to reveal..
The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE!!

How do you know that for sure? I suspected that was the case, but really, really hoped it wasn't. sad

If you'll look carefully at the ending you'll know it for sure too. They clearly show the huge Illochim ship blow up.

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
There's also the aspect that he heals fast and is good at fighting off disease. For example, when he gave away the antiserum for the plague, he mentioned his "cell regeneration" (or whatever it was) would fight off the disease in the Mines.

Yes, but it doesn't contradict the fact that he can be killed. To kill him you'll just have to be very fast in doing so - for example, he can't bleed to death, because the regeneration thing will heal him before he dies. Same thing with disease. But, if you blow him up to pieces...

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
If that is true, they should have made it clearer. I couldn't make anything out of those images he received from the Illochim, and Perry did not say anything to enlighten me. If the Illochim were the inspiration for both angels and dragons in art, it isn't clear that the entire race was either "good" or "evil."

I've just watched the scene again, and it indeed should've been made clearer. The scene itself shows still images, and they go by very fast, so you can't see all the details, and in some cases this scene even seems a little choppy (might be my graphics card though). I did get a feeling that the images are showing something evil in nature, but Perry simply doesn't say ANYTHING about it! Also, weren't the Illochim the ones that shared technology and knowledge? I initially thought they were good because of that. On the other hand, Illochim is Hebrew for God, and God did get wrathful from time to time, and images in the scene do appear to be similar to depictions of God's wrathful deeds, so I don't know...

Originally Posted By: slydos
Only a small remark:
The fluid or substance you've seen was to protect or keep the alien spacecraft in it safe. I don't think that it should be animated or react like simple water. smile

I didn't mean the encasing of the Illochim, I meant the water that were in the museum...

By the way, found another plothole in the ending - Perry sets the ship to blow off BEFORE he knew that Bully will pick him up in time! It doesn't make sense unless the spaceship shown flying out of the flames "Lando Calrissian style", is actually NOT Bully's ship but rather an Arkonide ship that Perry Stole, and only then he met Bully in space (offscreen).

And another thing - has anyone seen this official trailer? Besides some scenes from the game, and some still images that appear in Mondra's notebook, it shows a 20 seconds scene (00:36-00:57 in the movie file) that I don't think was in the game! Anyone recognizes it!? It shows some diggings or something...

#370263 - 08/03/08 01:30 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer

Honestly, they should have hired a professional writer to write the game plot. I wonder how the franichise owners feel about this disappointing ending? It's like Perry passing judgement on a group of people he doesn't really understand.

By the way, does anyone notice that Perry Rhodan looks like Roger Wilco and the Space Quest series?

Edited by Benedict (08/03/08 01:38 PM)

#370282 - 08/03/08 02:18 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

And another thing - has anyone seen this official trailer? Besides some scenes from the game, and some still images that appear in Mondra's notebook, it shows a 20 seconds scene (00:36-00:57 in the movie file) that I don't think was in the game! Anyone recognizes it!? It shows some diggings or something...

I don't remember whether it was in the game or not. I've seen the scene before, but I saw the trailers before playing the game. The trailer certainly make the Illochim seem benevolent -- bringing new technology and so forth, but then mysteriously disappearing.

Originally Posted By: Benedict
By the way, does anyone notice that Perry Rhodan looks like Roger Wilco and the Space Quest series?

Ummm... No. Other than both having blond hair, I don't see much resemblance.

#370454 - 08/03/08 10:15 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
I just finished the game...

I am confused about what happened to Matra?

Click to reveal..
I didn't see her come out of the plastic bubble headscratch

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#370662 - 08/04/08 11:51 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03]
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer

Perry Rhodan Versus Roger Wilco:

Both guys are blonde.
Perry's costume looks like he is wearing his jock straps over his pants. Roger wears jock straps, which we find out most in a most dramatic fashion in SQ4.
Both games feature all kinds of aliens, and occur in a distant future in which man has colonised space and encountered many alien species.

Differences:
Perry's plot is very serious, Roger's games often involve a master plot which is very serious too, but with a great deal of hilarious situations thrown in
Perry is immortal, while Roger lives on in his many sequels
Perry is respectable, Roger is bumbling
Perry's game does not include sudden death moments, while Roger can die at any time while you get insulted that you are a lousy player at any point of the game, particularly in SQ4
Perry's franchise is alive at the moment (time will tell), Roger's franchise is as good as dead (no forthcoming sequels)

In a fight, who will win? Perry, by his wisdom and his wits, or Roger, by sheer dumb luck?

Edited by Benedict (08/04/08 12:00 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (Flo NS, kjos, Kayc, BobH), 58 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users