GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#370678 - 08/04/08 12:32 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Benedict]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan
Have you checked the wristband?

When he is already in the monitors room you can read something like
Click to reveal..
The Illochim are threatening the entire Milky Way ...

Kato has activated the shutle ...

and longer explanations I don't remember exactly.

and after going to the transmitter hears QB transmitting data and makes the final decision

Click to reveal..
To blow the Illochim ship immediately

About Mondra

Click to reveal..
She seems to be perfectly alright

From The Matrix

#370743 - 08/04/08 03:32 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
slydos Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: SirGraham

Originally Posted By: slydos
Only a small remark:
The fluid or substance you've seen was to protect or keep the alien spacecraft in it safe. I don't think that it should be animated or react like simple water. smile

I didn't mean the encasing of the Illochim, I meant the water that were in the museum...

Me too! Why do you assume it is water in the museum on Titan? Because it doesn't behave like water? crazy
Can you prove your assumption?

#370746 - 08/04/08 03:39 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: mcc]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: mcc
Have you checked the wristband?

When he is already in the monitors room you can read something like
Click to reveal..
The Illochim are threatening the entire Milky Way ...

Kato has activated the shutle ...

No I didn't think to check the wristband.
I still think they needed to make it clearer why he thought that. A quick succession of images, shown too fast to really see what they're pictures of, isn't a good enough explanation. How can we be sure that those weren't pictures of the sort of things the Illochim were fleeing from?

#370765 - 08/04/08 04:26 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

I don't really remember all the words (the quotes are a lot longer), what it is clear from the quotes in the wristband is that he is absolutely sure about the need to stop the reawakening of the Illochim and at first tried to dissuade Kato without success and made a final decision after knowing the QB plans.

I agree that the messages of the images could be a lot clearer.

I could no understand well the talk (I missed too many words) of QB at the end, could somebody explain what he said?

Edited by mcc (08/04/08 04:50 PM)

From The Matrix

#370767 - 08/04/08 04:30 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: mcc]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: mcc
I don't really remember all the words (the quotes are a lot longer), what it is clear from the quotes in the wristband is that he is absolutely sure about the need to stop the reawakening of the Illochim and at first tried to dissuade Kato without success and made a final decision after knowing the QB plans.

What were QB's plans?
Click to reveal..
Other than wanting to communicate with the Illochim I couldn't figure out what his plans were.

Quote:
I could no understand well the talk (I missed to many words) of QB at the end, could somebody explain what he said?

I couldn't catch all he said either. The few words I did hear did not make any sense when put together.

#370779 - 08/04/08 04:53 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Also the QB's plans are mentioned in the wristband, if I am not wrong
Click to reveal..
He wants to gain access to the Illochim's technology an other knowledge.

From The Matrix

#372050 - 08/07/08 02:57 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: slydos]
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: slydos
Why do you assume it is water in the museum on Titan? Because it doesn't behave like water? crazy
Can you prove your assumption?

I can - the YLOHIM game is played on water. Right-click on the YLOHIM game pieces in your inventory. Besides, you can drain them using a pump, so it's most definitely water. They messed up this animation, but otherwise the graphics are great. No need to defend them.

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
No I didn't think to check the wristband.
I still think they needed to make it clearer why he thought that. A quick succession of images, shown too fast to really see what they're pictures of, isn't a good enough explanation. How can we be sure that those weren't pictures of the sort of things the Illochim were fleeing from?

I agree with Jenny100 on this, checking the wristband (equivalent of a diary or a journal in other games) should only be used in case you forgot something, NOT to understand the plot! I had the same problem with Simon 4, although there you didn't need the journal to understand THE main point of the game.

And anyway, I just read the two relevant entries in the wristband - in one of them he calls the Illochim bloodthirsty creatures that threaten the entire Milky Way, and in the entry below it it says that Rhodan has absolutely no idea what will happen when the Illochim awaken from their long hibernation. It also says that in the meantime, QB is transferring huge packages of data to try and contact them, and that if he's successful, he'll gain access to their knowledge and technology, and that's what Rhodan is trying to stop. He doesn't even speculate about what QB will do with the data.

Quote:
I could no understand well the talk (I missed to many words) of QB at the end, could somebody explain what he said?

I couldn't catch all he said either. The few words I did hear did not make any sense when put together.

I would too like to see a transcript of this monologue very much. It's the closing lines of the game, and I couldn't understand it! frown They should really include subtitles in cutscenes too.

#372072 - 08/07/08 03:35 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Hi, I've just started this game, I've spent about an hour 'playing' to try & get a feel for the game & the way it works with some guidance from the 'Introductory Help' in the manual. (I would recommend it as it does give you an idea of some of the things you can do without religiously reading the whole manual!). I'm now on my own! I've never heard of Perry Rhodan & am intrigued by the novelty of playing a 'futuristic space' game! I scrolled through the spoilers very quickly but gleaned that there is more to this game than I originally thought so looking forward to seeing what it's all about! lol

#372828 - 08/09/08 11:43 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: SirGraham

Quote:

I would too like to see a transcript of this monologue very much. It's the closing lines of the game, and I couldn't understand it! frown They should really include subtitles in cutscenes too.

This is what was said I think (not sure about the punctuation!):

Click to reveal..
"Breath deep, we're all thrives which you so treasure, treasure, treasure - have paved your way the great masters of immortality that you might rule again from where you were driven, driven, driven, for the old balance will be restored by those that love it, love it, love IT."

I don't understand the meaning of the word 'thrives' in the context but the words seem like a:
Click to reveal..
communication from QB to the Illochim rather than to Perry.

As for why Perry did what he did in the end & what happened to Mondra:
Click to reveal..
There are a lot of clues in Mondra's notebook - I think Perry on seeing the Illochim could then match them to some of the theories. Also by this time there was a lot of evidence of both war & trade/co-operation between the Illochim & the Arkonides, their histories in one why or another seem to have been intertwined at times.

Towards the end a robot is seen 'thawing the crystal' Mondra was imprisoned in.

I think it's a real pity after all the effort that went into this game that a few more minutes weren't added to conclude it better & would agree that it seemed rushed, there were not enough save slots & the novel scanning for hotspots feature was infuriating because, as was said, it didn't show every one!.

One thing I wondered was:
Click to reveal..
Why did Perry use the lens on the large robot without knowing what would happen? (I found controlling the little one scary enough!) or did I miss something?

Edited by chrissie (08/09/08 12:08 PM)

#373263 - 08/10/08 10:47 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: chrissie]
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: chrissie
Click to reveal..
"Breath deep, we're all thrives which you so treasure, treasure, treasure

I don't think that's right, but then again I don't know what IS right...

Originally Posted By: chrissie
One thing I wondered was:
Click to reveal..
Why did Perry use the lens on the large robot without knowing what would happen? (I found controlling the little one scary enough!) or did I miss something?

I don't think you missed anything, sometimes adventure heros just do things... he noticed that the lens fit the robot, so he had to try it smile

#373316 - 08/10/08 12:56 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Sir Graham, I can get along with the lens & the robot theory, but why did you think the sentence was wrong? I listened to it a few times & those words were unmistakable! smile

#375802 - 08/15/08 09:43 AM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi chrissie smile

Well, I'm not sure, like I said. It just doesn't sound like "breath deep" to me. Also, I didn't know "thrive" can be used as a noun. I thought it's only a verb... but I don't know.

By the way, anyone remembers if it was revealed who sent Perry the helpful messages throughout the game? I think it was revealed, but I don't remember who it was.

Edited by SirGraham (08/15/08 09:44 AM)

#376001 - 08/15/08 04:00 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Click to reveal..
I assumed it was QB, who maybe wanted Perry to stop the Arkonides who had kidnapped Mondra to keep them from getting to the Illochim before he did. But I don't remember it ever being revealed.

#376014 - 08/15/08 04:42 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100]
Kickaha Offline
GB Special Events Reporter
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Cambridge, England
Benedict,
If I hadn't enjoyed the game (for the most part) and been interested in what happened, I wouldn't have bothered to make a thread about it. I thought the ending was unclear, that's all. And I'd certainly buy another Perry Rhodan game if they made one.

I would echo that last sentence, while hoping the developers would do a better job. There are gameplay issues which I hope they're aware of. It may be a better game in German.

I waited until I had finished the game to post here. The plot may be inspired by the "Quintara Marathon" series by Jack Chalker (or it may not be, but there is similarity.) For me the storyline doesn't really hang together, I'm not sure the writers were clear let alone us players.

But it was a true Adventure game, with good moments like when Perry meets Quotter Batt, and for that my thanks and encouragement go to those who produced it.

#381207 - 08/26/08 12:24 PM Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Kickaha]
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I just finished the game, have just read through all these 2 pages and all the spoilers and I am so glad to see that 1. I was not the only one who had trouble hearing what was said by QB at the end 2. I did not understand either which ship blew up and which one flew away, I took it all this way = the Illochim ship did not blow up but was blown loose from its ancient 'grave' and flew off with the revivied Illochim in it - to perhaps explore other galaxies? Who knows. And that the 'vision' of Perry & Bully standing together (somewhere) watching it all just watched the Illochim ship 'fly away'. And if you noticed Bully has a smile on his face, like they succeeded in helping some poor souls proceed on their way (?) 3. I have to assume that Perry has freed Mondra who he is in love with and that they "live happily ever after" back on Terra (?)
Too many unanswered questions - and who says there can't be a sequel to this one to explain what I/we don't understand? Thanks Jenny100 for this thread - without it or one like it I would be feeling very alone drifting around here with my feelings about the ending "UH? What just happened and what did it all mean?"
Love, Betty Lou

Edited by Betty Lou (08/26/08 12:26 PM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (CCbomber, judith, michele rose, joanie39, Pandora, Mr_Underhill, robert gray, auntiegram, Redz, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar, deadbringer
8579 Registered Users