GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#39287 - 02/26/07 07:13 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
grandpa68 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Antelope Valley, So CA, USA
Well I got to te nashkel mines area and have a couple of questions. How do I kill Greywolf after I have talked to Prism? I have tried everything I know and still get dead. I also get dead when I talk to Mulahey. How do I kill him??

#39288 - 02/26/07 10:11 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Sweden
He's a tough opponent. If you are still level 1, save him for later; when you are done with the mines. You should level up in there. If you really wish to kill him (and get that nice sword he has; Varscona)....use any potions you may have come across. Make sure to buff your fighters as much as you can and attack him from afar with the NPCs not as skilled in close combat...A good idea here could be to run away from him, use Jaheira's Entangle-spell and then shoot arrows at him.

#39289 - 02/27/07 07:44 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
grandpa68 Offline
Settled Boomer

I guess that the above reply is for Greywolf. What do I do about Mulahey? Can I get to the treaure chest to get the scrolls and start chapter 3 and then use a cheat for the holy symbol that I need?

#39290 - 02/27/07 10:02 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer

Aha, Mulahey. He's also pretty tough. As before, buff your party members with everything. If you need to, backtrack up to the surface (there's an "emergency exit" in the cavern just outside Mulahey's lair you can use that will get you to the surface instantly) and buy potions and other things you might need. Using magic items and potions is essential sometimes...I know I usually hoard them because "what if"-situations arise. laugh

I'm not really sure what tips I could give; buff your party. Make SURE that you use Jaheira's buffing-spells. A "Bless" before this battle is essential. It's a low-level spell which will remarkable increase your fighting ability. You may also try using her entanglement-spell on Mulahey to keep him from charging you.

I don't know how many npcs you are playing with, but as I usually play with six, when I encounter Mulahey I let two strong characters face Mulahey and another two guard the party's back when I enter the cavern. Mulahey is a cleric and will summon many undead skeletons behind you. Between these two pairs I keep a thief with a bow and a mage. Try to make attacks on Mulahey with magic missiles or acid arrows (or any ranged attack actually). For magic attacks, try to him him when he is casting a spell as this will (hopefully) make him lose concentration.

Yes, you can cheat your way to it. There are console commands for a lot of things in the game, but I don't remember...I STRONGLY advise against it, though. Baldur's Gate uses Infinity, a game engine which is very fragile. Tampering with it may result in a broken main quest and many other bugs. Besides, I think that Journal entries also play a part in the quests, and I do not know how to add those.

If the fight is far too hard for you, there is another cheat that you may use.

Quoted from CheatCC:

"Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Using a text editor, edit the "Baldur.ini" file in the game directory. Add the line "Cheats=1" under the "[Game Options]" heading. Then, begin a game and press [Ctrl] + [Tab] to display the console window. Type one of the following case-sensitive codes, press [Enter], then press [Ctrl] + [Tab] to close the console window and activate the corresponding cheat function:"

Then use this command:

Cheats:DrizztDefends();

This will "summon" (spawn) the game's most powerful fighter to fight at your side. Not as a party-npc, but he will defend you and attack your enemies. You may also summon more than one, and I don't THINK it will cause any problems with the game.

Anyway, try with the tactics I suggested first. Lower the difficuly level, perhaps? It's a very rewarding feeling, having beat a powerful enemy in Baldur's Gate. smile

#39291 - 02/27/07 03:16 PM Re: Baldur's Gate
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
An entangle spell cast where the skeletons appear will help a lot. Once they are entangled, you can have one or two party members take care of any that don't get entangled, and have the rest of the party concentrate on Mulahey.

As Drizzt noted, buff your party as much as you can.

Early in the game potions of Speed are valuable assets in a tough battle. If I have one, I give it to my strongest fighter.

It probably took me ten tries or so before I won this battle on my firt run through the game. Part of it is planning your strategy. What works well in one battle will not work in another.

#39292 - 02/28/07 05:42 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
grandpa68 Offline
Settled Boomer

Drizzt= Where is this emergency exit located outside the cavern? I had to walk back the way I came in to get to the surface. How do I lower the difficulty level in game? I will take a look at my cheat sheet to see if it is there. I don't have a mage in my party unless I pickup Xan in the other room first as my party has the following: pc/fighter, Imoen/thief,Jaheira, Khalid/fighter and montaron/fighter. Zxar got killed somewhere inside the mines.

#39293 - 02/28/07 07:25 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
Grandpa,

Please look here

http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/ar5404.htm

(it is inside the cave --- so you have to find it from the inside). And fortunately, you walked back the way you came. This means that you are ablo to go through the levels of the Nashkell Mines again, and go out through the exit, which will then take you to the Valley of the Tomb.
(as this exit will collapse when you have used it).

If I can remember this correctly, I think this is
the mine you can flood ? (Put you have to talk someone first, who gives an item to be into a certain place which means that the dwarfs can get out?? Apparently, this happens later in the game].

There is nothing wrong with picking Xan up to be used in your party, and then dismiss him along the way. The game won't be punishing you for this.

To lowert the difficulty in the game, please click on your BG1 icon on your screen, then you should see an options menu. Click on the options menu.

Then there should be a slider which determines the difficulty of the game. Please move the slider all the way to the left. This will make the fihgts a little bit easier, (or a lot).
I can't remember is this also means that there won't be as much XP in rewards when you defeat the enimies or monsters in the game.

#39294 - 02/28/07 12:36 PM Re: Baldur's Gate
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer

Is is the Nashkel mines, not the Cloakwood Mines, Karsten. smile

The emergency exit is located in the big cavern right outside Mulahey's lair. Just go north on the sidewalk that goes along the water and follow it almost as far as you can go. If you move the cursor around a bit you should see the "travel"-icon.

Lowering the difficulty level is not a cheat at all. It can be accessed from the game options menu.

Good luck.

#39295 - 02/28/07 02:09 PM Re: Baldur's Gate
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

GP68, your party needs a mage! Xan is just fine, although he's got a personality disorder. You can cart him around until you decide you want to trade him in.

#39296 - 03/04/07 03:07 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
grandpa68 Offline
Settled Boomer

I would like to finish the Naskel Mines to get to Chapter 3, as I have started BG2 out of frustration on this one. I found a game editor called "Gatekeeper". Have any of you used this? The reason I'm asking is that I want to beef up my stats( ex: con,wis,intell, etc).

#39297 - 03/04/07 03:23 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
I have used Gatekeeper. It is really easy to use.
Please read the included 'readme' or the hints in the Help Me section.

Just remember to save after each upbeefinf of your stats. The Gatekeeper will then save the modified game save under the name of 00001.

Also, you could try creating a new character.
And keep on rolling the dice until you get
the rolls best for your character which for a fighter would be: STR, CON, DEX . You should have at STR above 16, a CON about 16 and DEX of about 16 too. (STR should best be about 17 or 18, but need not be). WIS,INTEL,CHAR is not that necessary for a fighter character.

I think you will find BG2 combat as frustrating as BG1's combat. I remember having many problems with the Cowled Wizards you meet when you first come out of the starting dungeon. The reason for this is that combat etc. are similar to combat in BG1.

I'm glad you're liking BG2. If you're up to it, try searching for the Ascensiod mod. It is a nifty little modification for BG2 (I think)
which has been written by David Gaider, one of
the (lead) writers for BG2.

#39298 - 03/05/07 04:46 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
grandpa68 Offline
Settled Boomer

I used Gatekeeper to beef up the stats of my characters. Now I will return to the mines and try to kill Mulahey but will pick up Xan first.

#39299 - 03/06/07 12:48 AM Re: Baldur's Gate
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Gatekeeper is a great tool, but try to resist the urge to beef up your characters too much. Maybe once you finish the battle with Mulahey you can "un-beef" them.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (fildil, kjos, Mr_Underhill, curly, Redz, LadyLinda, aretha, OrleansBelle, 3dobermans, 1 invisible), 102 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar
8580 Registered Users