GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#405246 - 10/13/08 09:21 AM Re: Outcry story - major spoilers! [Re: Jenny100]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Done!

#405841 - 10/14/08 12:47 PM Re: Outcry story - major spoilers! [Re: Jenny100]
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Your friend had a much more cheerful impression of what happened than I did. I just had another theory though...
Click to reveal..
...that if the scientific brother did succeed in changing the past, and saving the writer brother, it might have been at the expense of his own life force existing in the real world. Making the change that saved the brother might have been what caused him not to be able to return from the "Shimmering World."

That the answer from Marina, my friend, to your post Jenny:
Quote:
I totally agree with the content of Jenny 100's post! That was exactly my feelings as well!!!
Actually my vision of the game was not cheerful at all. I didn't mention the opinion
Click to reveal..
that giving back life to his brother would cost the professor his own existence
, because I just gave it for granted!

wave

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”

#405866 - 10/14/08 01:41 PM Re: Outcry story - major spoilers! [Re: Carla]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Thanks, Carla.
That explanation makes it more clear why the professor was so insistent that
Click to reveal..
his brother not try to follow him and that his research not be pursued -- but that the capsule must be preserved. The professor didn't want to risk anything happening that would cause his sacrifice for his brother to be undone.

P.S. - I like your Snoopy in the snow avatar.

#488006 - 04/12/09 11:11 AM Re: OUTCRY (Spoilers for sure) [Re: Mordack]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
I finished the game and I have to say that it was one of the most thought provoking games I've played recently, the other being The Lost Crown.
The ending took me by surprise, and immediately had me rethinking all that happened in the game. In many respects it is a sad story, but it represents the determined achievement of your older brother. That you, the younger brother (in the game) make it to the end, shows that he was successful in his endeavors.

#488026 - 04/12/09 11:58 AM Re: OUTCRY (Spoilers for sure) [Re: colpet]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
My impression of the game at the time was that it was about death & the journey to the 'otherside'? - but I'd have to play it again as it was a while ago! smile

#488203 - 04/12/09 06:56 PM Re: OUTCRY (Spoilers for sure) [Re: Mordack]
The Haze Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: SE Michigan
yes I reviewed this game a while ago. I said then and still believe that it is one of the best "new" games in years. I've not been able to convince myself about what the ending means, but I really enjoyed that element of the game. (I'm also the only person I know who really enjoyed the lack of ending in "STILL LIFE")

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Cathy1, sanford, kjos, InlandAZ, Marian, Draclvr, Gimme, dianne, shroeder), 93 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse, arlenewilson32, ponycakes
8539 Registered Users