GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#538202 - 08/20/09 10:46 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: -=sinotek=-]
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

I am somewhat suprised by GameSpot's reaction, given its known bias against the adventure genre. I wonder if the artistic angle of the game somehow had overly influenced the reviewer's mind.

Still, this is a very interesting game from a very interesting developer.

#539018 - 08/23/09 10:14 AM The Path by Tale of Tales: A couple of questions.
H4XX0RZ Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: TX
First off, I noticed this game on Steam back when I still used it a long time ago. I went to the website and it looked pretty neat. I know it's one of those Art Games, and yes, I am a fan of that genre (Braid is one of my favorites).

I know the storyline of it, take different little girls through a forest for different experiences each time. But I guess my questions are 1) Is the experience different enough for each little girl that I can get some decent mileage out of the game? and 2) How frightening of a game is it? I ask because I enjoy games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

Anyway, I saw this one mentioned over on the Dark Side the other day and thought I'd get some opinions about it before I actually set out and bought it.

John Locke

#539020 - 08/23/09 10:19 AM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: H4XX0RZ]
MaG Offline

Sonic Boomer

I'll merge you to the member review and discussion there.
Your question might already be answered.

I don't think it was at DarkSide though - I'll check.

#539087 - 08/23/09 01:59 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: MaG]
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer

It depends on your definition of "decent mileage". Yes, the girls all have different stories to tell, but you must be willing to let them do so and that requires a bit of patience and some imagination. The woods have different "attractions" or "special places" for each girl but they overlap, i.e. girl 1 has place A and B, girl 2 has place C and D, girl 3 has place B and E etc. It's not scary in the Silent Hill/Resident Evil sense. I don't know any games that compare to it, but there are no zombies or other monsters chasing you. There is a dark atmosphere and a sense of imminent danger but it will almost certainly not creep you out nor give you sleepless nights. I would recommend this game to you because you say you like Art Games, but I am not quite sure you'd enjoy it because you may expect too much of it. Why don't you try the prologue first? It's not a real demo but it does give you a taste of what the game is like.
http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/downloads.html

Edited by PolloDiablo (08/23/09 02:04 PM)

#539183 - 08/23/09 08:45 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: PolloDiablo]
drachehexe Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Florida
Well, for a $10 game I think you will get very good "mileage" from it. I mean just wandering through the place and doing next to nothing, looking at the dreamy landscape and listening to the creepy music is worth the price of admission alone.

But beyond that there is a lot this game has to offer, albeit it delivers at a very slow pace and in a somewhat obscure manner. If you contemplate it enough and absorb its deliciously hidden sub-textures it will take you very far for such an inexpensive game.

Edited by drachehexe (08/23/09 08:58 PM)

#539227 - 08/23/09 10:51 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: drachehexe]
Adventurer4Life Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Australia
hmmm nvr even heard of this... looks very cool... will check it out asap

#630059 - 06/15/10 06:37 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!)
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Marietta, GA
Just downloaded this game and started playing. This is about the weirdest game I've ever played. (not bad weird, just weird). Has anyone else played it? So far the girl is just wandering around, picking up flowers and meeting another kid and playing. It appears you have to pick 144 of a certain kind of flower. Any opinions? Thanks.

#630064 - 06/15/10 06:54 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: Laurette]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi Laurette -- this is more of an interactive art experience than a game. It has very dark themes. I would normally send this thread to the appropriate forum, but I'm not sure we have one. burger

EDIT: Err, am I imagining things or did I just wake up in the Boomer Reviews forum?

Edited by Becky (06/15/10 06:56 PM)

#630067 - 06/15/10 07:10 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: Becky]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
lol I sent it there since that is where we put the others. grin

#630200 - 06/16/10 07:24 AM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Aha! Nice to know I'm not losing my mind. Well, any more than usual. wave

#630250 - 06/16/10 11:27 AM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: Becky]
sccurrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Austin, Texas
Wow, -=sinotek=-
even if you were not right about the story, that is such a well thought out interpretation.
It's funny because I tried the demo for a short short while and thought I had a bad video card because the girl went so slow, ha ha.
Shelly
(and I didn't mean you were not right about the story)

Edited by sccurrie (06/16/10 12:43 PM)
Edit Reason: afraid I sounded rude.

#633790 - 06/29/10 04:48 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: -=sinotek=-]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Hi sinotek, I thought your interpretation of The Path was very interesting. I have played through a chunk of the game & thought the concept & the mechanics of it were very good.

But, never mind the controversial aspects of it, I found it incredibly tedious,& it failed to entertain me for very long - it was just too slow & far too repetitive!

There has obviously been a lot of hard work & dedication gone into making the game but if only the makers of the game could have incorporated their ideas into more of an AG rather than to me a very boring 'art experience' it would have been a lot better. Even if it had to be released episodically with each girl. Well that's my thoughts but I did appreciate the idea and wonderful mechanics of the game! smile

#665935 - 10/29/10 09:24 AM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!)
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan
Has anyone played this game? Does it run on W7? I don't see in the list that play or not by Draclvr. Since apparently it is download only I want to make sure. I have a W7/64-bit and and old XP that runs slowly but can play almost any game. I would prefer to download it in the W7.

Also, I don't see anything in the GameBoomers about this game even when it has good reviews elsewhere, is it good? Some places say to be adventure and others action. I play both, I don't if it is in the right forum.

From The Matrix

#665969 - 10/29/10 11:43 AM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: mcc]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Mcc -- The Path is an interactive art experience that toys with gaming conventions but that isn't really a game. For a viewpoint from an adventure gamer, try this review.

#666111 - 10/29/10 07:52 PM Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) [Re: Becky]
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan
Thank you Becky!

From The Matrix

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (Kaki's Sister, Urban Worrier, gremlin), 112 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users