GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#636635 - 07/10/10 11:24 AM Re: Lost Crown & Barrow Hill Location Photos UPDATED [Re: AmunPtah]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

I have updated my Flickr feed with photos of the Lost Crown itself!

#637041 - 07/12/10 04:14 AM Re: Lost Crown & Barrow Hill Location Photos UPDATED [Re: AmunPtah]
Kaki's Sister Online   happy
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Cool pictures Amun. I definitely recognized the petro station and the pathways! Thanks for sharing!

#650828 - 09/01/10 01:41 PM The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi all,
Continuing my series of Lost Crown/Barrow Hill related features, I am pleased to present a video of the locations that inspired Barrow Hill.
You can see the video by looking for The Investigative Author podcast on iTunes, or by heading to http://www.tomrbaynham.com/2010/09/01/video-episode-2-the-real-barrow-hill/
Please leave a comment here or on my blog if you enjoyed the video.
Cheers!

#650854 - 09/01/10 03:33 PM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: AmunPtah]
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks for all those images, AmunPtah. A lot of work there !! grin

I've visited many of the places in the past - although not all - when I've been on holiday in the area.

Cheers.

Mad thumbsup

#650858 - 09/01/10 03:43 PM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: Mad]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Really pretty area.
I liked the sheep jumping the fence 40 seconds in.

#650924 - 09/01/10 07:27 PM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: Jenny100]
GBC Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
Thanks AmunPtah, Very interesting. Beautiful photos.

#650979 - 09/01/10 11:00 PM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: GBC]
cassadaga Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Cassadaga, FL
Thank you for the podcast of the images of Barrow Hill. That was fun and now I want to replay the game. I enjoyed seeing the actual place and will play again with those images in my mind.

#651034 - 09/02/10 04:34 AM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: cassadaga]
gruffy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Plymouth, Devon,UK
Thats a excellent Video AmunPtah! I must visit those locations myself seeing as I'm only 18 miles away!

I love the Lost Crown photos too. I was half expecting Harbour cottage to actually be haunted when i visited it!

#651035 - 09/02/10 04:43 AM Re: Lost Crown & Barrow Hill Location Photos UPDATED [Re: Kaki's Sister]
gruffy Offline
Settled Boomer

I love the pictures of Northfield Church and the Martello tower in Looe!

#651124 - 09/02/10 10:46 AM Re: Lost Crown & Barrow Hill Location Photos UPDATED [Re: gruffy]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks for your comments. Yep, Northfield/Duloe is pretty cool, especially as it has the stone circle, and is walking distance to Stocks Lane (the pathways). I envy you gruffy, as you can just nip across in a few minutes. Its a 3.5hr trip for me!

#651125 - 09/02/10 10:56 AM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: gruffy]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I liked the sheep jumping the fence 40 seconds in.
Yep that was a humorous surprise! I had no idea the sheep was there when I began filming. Sheep really could take over the world if they put their minds to it...

Originally Posted By: cassadaga
That was fun and now I want to replay the game. I enjoyed seeing the actual place and will play again with those images in my mind.
I'm glad that you want to play again. I do too! I can't wait for Bracken Tor and TLC2. Expect more videos and photosets when they drop.

Originally Posted By: gruffy
I must visit those locations myself seeing as I'm only 18 miles away!
Do it! Have you visited any of the sights from The Lost Crown? A quick tip is to look at the map when you view each set of my photos on Flickr. I have painstakingly placed each photo to the location where I took it, down to the nearest 10 metres or so. It should help you plan out where to go. If want any help or advice PM me and I'll let you know my email.

#651377 - 09/03/10 06:20 AM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: AmunPtah]
gruffy Offline
Settled Boomer

[/quote] Do it! Have you visited any of the sights from The Lost Crown? A quick tip is to look at the map when you view each set of my photos on Flickr. I have painstakingly placed each photo to the location where I took it, down to the nearest 10 metres or so. It should help you plan out where to go. If want any help or advice PM me and I'll let you know my email. [/quote]

I have visited Polpero/Saxton and managed to find the net Hut too! I did see Harbour cottage for sale though. My Missus couldn't understand why I was so excited seeing the place!

I am going back again and to Looe as-well. I'd love to see the other places such as the lighthouse, Bobs workshop, and Karswell house.

Well done for finding the locations and i can't wait for Bracken Tor/ Last Crown locations too!
Hint hint! lol
All the best

Gareth

#651588 - 09/04/10 08:28 AM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: gruffy]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Gareth,

The lighthouse is on the coast path just east of Polperro, on the way to Talland Bay. The Karswell House is actually in Devon, just! Its at Morwhellam Quay, a few miles SW of Tavistock.

Bob's workshop is the last one I need for my collection. The exterior is the Teglios stores in The Warren, Polperro, but the interior is the one that I need. Jonathan said that the workshop is a mashup of the mill and cider press near Lanhydrock House, but I went all around the House and drove aimlessly around the nearby roads and couldn't find it :-( I'll have to ask him again.

#651636 - 09/04/10 11:17 AM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: AmunPtah]
gruffy Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: AmunPtah
Thanks Gareth,

The lighthouse is on the coast path just east of Polperro, on the way to Talland Bay. The Karswell House is actually in Devon, just! Its at Morwhellam Quay, a few miles SW of Tavistock.

Bob's workshop is the last one I need for my collection. The exterior is the Teglios stores in The Warren, Polperro, but the interior is the one that I need. Jonathan said that the workshop is a mashup of the mill and cider press near Lanhydrock House, but I went all around the House and drove aimlessly around the nearby roads and couldn't find it :-( I'll have to ask him again.

Morwellham Quay? Ahh not far!
I might be able to find the workshop near Lanhydrock house as i know the area quite well!

We must organise a minibus tour of the locations as I'm sure there's many Gameboomers who'd love to see the Barrow Hill/ Lost crown places.

#651644 - 09/04/10 11:57 AM Re: The Real Barrow Hill - Locations Video [Re: gruffy]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

If you can find the workshop it would be fantastic!

Yep, the minibus idea is something I've been mulling over. I'd like to organise one. If any of you are interested in the idea, PM me and I'll put a list together to see if we have enough to hire the minibus.

I'd imagine it would likely happen sometime next spring, dependent on Jonathan & Matt's availability and access to the locations (Northfield/Duloe church had the builders in on my last trip!).

EDIT: I've looked at minibus prices. A 16 seater tour would cost around £15 per person, which is very good value for a full day of sightseeing! Let me know if you would like to receive more information.

EDIT2: I got another quote today and tickets would cost £12.

Edited by AmunPtah (09/10/10 03:38 PM)
Edit Reason: new info

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (Kaki's Sister, jboliver, Lex, Mad), 55 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users