GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#628781 - 06/11/10 01:03 AM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: minkimal]
minkimal Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
Hi all, just to bring this to a conclusion - for anyone who still has this problem (and there are quite a few of us, I've learned!) - I went on the Dark Lineage 2 website and from there to their technical forum and found out that in some cases of download, at least one of the files - for the interior of the "hovel" or "Old Building" - is corrupted and way too small. The administrator there gives a link to a fix - but it is a compressed file (needs WinRAR to be opened) and in my experience ended up containing more files than the folder needed - the folder contained itself sort of so it must get into an endless loop when it tries to open - and the game crashed when it tried to open the "Old Building" content. I am reproducing the tip I put on the Dark Lineage forum here:

Finally got it to work. I extracted the file you refer to (had to download WinRAR to be able to do this), then by trial and error figured out that I didn't want to transfer the whole thing to the "data - stages - hovel - interior" folder, (I did that but the game crashed at the point where I was about to enter the "hovel" or "Old Building", so I looked at the contents of the "interior" folder and found that it contained itself...so I took the "resources" (BIN file) and the "scene.geo" (GEO file) out of the extracted folder and just put these 2 into the "interior" folder, after removing the "corrupted" versions of these files (so the "interior" folder now has nothing in it but these 2 new files). Then it worked. I'm putting in this level of detail for people like me who don't often mess so much with the innards of games! I am going to put this same comment on the gameboomers website in case someone goes there for help.

---------------

OK, spoke too soon - I can see ALMOST all the graphic details BUT still can't see the numbers on the dials I need to turn on the "resurrection" machine to be able to enter the code 51637....I can get an "examine" pointer for each of them, though...so can anybody tell me, if you start from scratch, without having touched the dials, how many times do you have to click each one, from left to right, to enter the code? I have so much effort committed to this game now that I HAVE to finish it. It is a great game, if you don't have these technical problems to deal with.

Edited by Rushes (06/11/10 06:30 AM)
Edit Reason: combined stacked posts

#628822 - 06/11/10 06:42 AM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: minkimal]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Minkimal -- the dials are all at 0 for the default, so you click exactly the number of times as each number of the code.

Does this make sense? lol

#629132 - 06/12/10 12:08 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: Becky]
minkimal Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
Yes, that worked - and I've gone on to play a lot more of the game with no glitches! (Fingers crossed) - it is a GREAT game, and worth the hassle. Thanks for the help!!

#629154 - 06/12/10 01:39 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: minkimal]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Glad you got through! thumbsup

#630307 - 06/16/10 03:54 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: Rushes]
robbo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Cleveland UK
Heres the link to that item about corrupt 'Adventure Shop' files:

http://www.zoetrope-interactive.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=275&posts=1&start=1

#630327 - 06/16/10 04:59 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: robbo]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks robbo! wave

#631374 - 06/20/10 04:14 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: Becky]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

I have emailed Iceberg and the developers about this problem, and silence! The DW2 forums have been down for a week now too so I can't see that thread. I pinged the Zoetrope Interactive homepage/forums and it came back server not responding.

Edited by AmunPtah (06/20/10 04:28 PM)

#631403 - 06/20/10 06:45 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: AmunPtah]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Interesting. Thanks, AmunPtah.

#631464 - 06/20/10 11:58 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: MaG]
amarisse Offline
Settled Boomer

Ya know I coulda sworn the first game had this same prob for lots of people frown

#631480 - 06/21/10 04:49 AM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: amarisse]
oral Offline
Junior Boomer

Hi everyone,

I am Oral from Zoetrope Interactive.

Unfortunately there are some problems with the Adventure Shop version of the game. It has invalid files which cause missing textures (black outlines) in the "Old Building" and "Station" stages of the game.

You can download the patch via this link

Please follow the link below to learn more about this issue.

Related topic about this issue

We are so sorry for this inconvenience

#631497 - 06/21/10 06:27 AM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: oral]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Hi Oral,

Thank you for letting us know the problem and for providing a patch. smile

#631565 - 06/21/10 12:04 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: Rushes]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi oral,
I still can't get to your forums or download the patch. I've tried it on PC, Mac and iPhone and from various locations (home/office). Is something wrong with your website? Can you provide a mirror?

#631572 - 06/21/10 12:48 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: AmunPtah]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

The forums and patch link are working fine for me, AmunPtah. think

#631654 - 06/21/10 05:07 PM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: Rushes]
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer

Weird! I've never had this happen before. Im not getting any problems with any other sites, only that one. Is there any chance someone can send the patch?

#631752 - 06/22/10 03:13 AM Re: Darkness Within 2 - graphics problem [Re: AmunPtah]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Amun -- I'm not sure how to do this myself. Have you tried using a different browser?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (GBC, kjos, 3dobermans, mbday630, connie, BobH, lexxy, Agustin Cordes, RebKean), 46 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind, maggieann
8524 Registered Users