GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#700100 - 02/19/11 11:44 AM Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: looney4labs]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Haven't played Guild Wars in last couple of days so I missed the updates. Anyway, dervish update implemented February 17th and some bugs fixed February 18th.

#703886 - 03/03/11 07:49 PM Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Addicted Boomer

Lots of updates to original Guild Wars today.

Embark Beach
From here your characters can map to any mission outpost they have open without having to go to the specific campaign first.

Zaishen Vanquish
In addition to Zaishen Bounty, Zaishen Combat and Zaishen Mission there is now Zaishen Vanquish. In HM you kill all the monsters in a location to vanquish it. If its Zaishen Vanquish of the day you'll be more likely to find people willing to do it.

Survivor
Dieing once no longer makes it impossible to get Survivor title. Each time you die you start over trying to make survivor. So you could die 100 times then never die again, staying alive until you get 1.5 million xp and still get survivor. Before one death ended Survivor track.

Drunkard
Getting drunkard title no longer takes hours of your character actually being drunk you can just rapidly click on alcohol and each drink consumed gives you its points instantly. Took me 2 years to warrior to 800 drunk points and in a few minutes today he's already at 5,000.

Mercenary Hero Slots
You can now buy from the ingame store Mercenary Hero Slots which allow the character you are currently playing to use one of your other level 20 characters as a hero.

Pre-Searing Prophecies now has a skill trainer.
Pre-Searing Prophecies now has new daily quests to help characters level 10 and up reach level 20.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (03/03/11 11:32 PM)

#704114 - 03/04/11 02:27 PM Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Drunkard
Getting drunkard title no longer takes hours of your character actually being drunk you can just rapidly click on alcohol and each drink consumed gives you its points instantly. Took me 2 years to warrior to 800 drunk points and in a few minutes today he's already at 5,000.

rotfl

#704120 - 03/04/11 03:04 PM Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

The pre skill trainer not much use, only has skills you'd get as rewards for doing quests.

I hate the daily pre quests. Took me hour and 35 minutes to complete the first one. And two hours to do today's, because the boss wouldn't spawn for me.

#712559 - 04/01/11 10:15 AM Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Addicted Boomer

April 1, 2011 updates

I particularly like Avatar of Kormir.

There is a new solo mission available from Corporal Bane at Embark Beach that is for real.

See also Guild Wars 2 topic.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (04/01/11 10:27 AM)

#716681 - 04/14/11 10:37 AM Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Addicted Boomer

April 28th will be Guild Wars: Prophecies 6th anniversary. Every other year this has meant random drops of birthday cupcakes and reveal of new birthday mini pets. Speculation is that this year may also see the new Guild Wars: Factions content known as Winds of Change, part 2 in Guild Wars Beyond, linking Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (04/14/11 10:47 AM)

#716699 - 04/14/11 12:09 PM Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Sounds like the developers like to keep players looking forward to goodies. Any word on what the pet may be?

#716791 - 04/14/11 05:34 PM Re: Guild Wars [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

It will be several new mini pets. It character that has a birthday gets a random pet. I had two characters this month with 2nd birthday, unfortunately their presents got two of the same minis. I just hope one of the new ones is a paragon character. Paragon is only profession there is not a mini of. Maybe now that Keiran Thackery is paragon hero there will be a mini pet of him.

#717185 - 04/16/11 01:44 AM Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Addicted Boomer

The man in charge of updating Guild Wars 1 has hinted that there may be something more than cupcakes and mini pets this anniversary, but he also made it sound like there is still a lot of work to do on Winds of Change so perhaps its not that.

#717329 - 04/16/11 12:56 PM Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

The folks in charge do like to keep the player's interest piqued.

wave

#720279 - 04/27/11 11:29 AM Re: Guild Wars [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

I just reached level 20 in Pre-Searing Ascalon in Prophecies achieving the title Legendary Defender of Ascalon. This is the only way to get the title and once you go to Post-Searing you can't go back to Pre. Only Prophecies doesn't allow going back to training area once you've left it, and only one of the campaigns to have a special title for reaching level 20. Getting the title used to be a lot harder but they added daily quests that give 1000 experience as reward. Some of my guildies think people who get the title now should have an * by it, same with survivor and drunkard since Arenanet changed them too.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (04/27/11 11:37 AM)

#720296 - 04/27/11 12:20 PM Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Guybrush and Congratulations. Titles are always fun to pursue and display.

#720310 - 04/27/11 01:19 PM Re: Guild Wars [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

Thanks.

And on another character I just maxed drunkard title, Incorrigible Ale-Hound.

Still nothing announced about 6th anniversary of Prophecies which is tomorrow. I just found a post from man in charge, he's again hinted at something besides cupcakes and 6th year birthday minis for those people who have toons that old but not until the 28th.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (04/27/11 01:23 PM)

#720627 - 04/28/11 12:51 PM Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

So, how is the Anniversary going?

#720670 - 04/28/11 04:16 PM Re: Guild Wars [Re: looney4labs]
Addicted Boomer

* PvP in Guild Wars is now globally affected by Flux.
* "The Villainy of Galrath" is now available as a Hard Mode quest
* Embark Beach now permits qualified leaders to enable Hard Mode for missions.
* Players who have completed "Finding a Purpose" can now change Razah's profession.
* The Friends List now displays locations for mutual friends.
* Added costume and festival hat vendors to Pre-Searing Ascalon.
* Added the option to use high-resolution textures in outposts.

Not listed on updates list: 6th birthday everlasting tonics. I'm very disappointed that tonics have apparently replaced mini pets because now there will never be a mini pet paragon, only profession for which there is no mini pet. Being everlasting means the tonic never runs out, you can use it many times as you like. The downside is you do not get any party animal points, 1 use tonics do give party animal points.

Birthday Cupcakes dropping as usual.
The boardwalk in Factions is open for the usual festival games.

Flux: every month they're going to add a different effect to characters doing PVP. This month its Lone Wolf: If you are not within earshot of an ally, you deal 10% additional damage, and take 10% more damage.

The Villainy of Galrath is a Prophecies quest which now has two versions. If your character has not done it you get the normal quest 4,000 experience and some free weapons. If your character has already done this version you get a harder version marked "Difficulty: Master" and which gives 30,000 experience and 5 platinum. Apparently you must do the new version of the quest in HM for it to work.

If you have some one in your friends list and they also have you in their friends list you can now see where your friend is currently located in the game. If you have someone in your list but they don't have you, you don't get their location. If someone has your in their list but you don't have them in your list, then they do not get your location. I suspect this is a test for GW2.

Razah is a hero you get after completing Nightfall. Was originally planned that Razah could change professions to be whatever you wanted it (Razah is neither male nor female) to be. That has just now been implemented. To change Razah's profession you have to goto Heart of Abaddon, WITHOUT Razah in your party, so a different Razah will appear, talk to it. WARNING: changing Razah's primary profession will erase the old Razah from you hero list installing the new one. Remove weapons (and I guess runes and insignia from armor) first or you'll lose them.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (04/28/11 06:57 PM)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Rushes, BobH, UruKat, Redz, Robert Gault, kjos, Kaki's Sister, manxman, Winfrey, 1 invisible), 77 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse, arlenewilson32, ponycakes
8539 Registered Users