GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Enslaved, Odyssey to the West #676235
12/01/10 11:45 PM
12/01/10 11:45 PM
NH, Strafford
Paul Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Paul  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

NH, Strafford
I hope I am allowed to post this review here being this game is on a console. I really believe this game should be called "Sleeper of the Year"! This game is on Xbox 360 and the PS3.
You play as Monkey. After escaping from a crashing slave ship and waking up you realize you have a slave headband on. Your partner in this game, a young girl called Tripikake (Trip for short)has put it on you so she can force you to protect her while she travels 300 miles back to her home.
Your main weapon in the game is a staff. As you travel the countryside you pick up these yellow orbs. They are used to buy upgrades for the staff and also your shield and health.
There is a ton of jumping and climbing in the game but all of the handholdss flash to help you out. Some people may think it makes the game to easy but it is a lot of fun.
You can play the game on easy, normal or hard. Being 63 years old I had to play on easy.
Your main enemy are things called mechs. Mechanical enemies of all shapes and sizes. A few bosses. One in particular was "The Rhino" Unbelievable! You also have a gadjet called "The Cloud" something like a round skateboard. There are a couple of instances that you have to chase the bosses with it, Very excitibg.
I thoroughly enjoyed this game and it is now one of my favorites. Although this game is not out for the PC (at least I dont think it is) it is played on the Xbox360 and the PS 3. I highly recomend thisgame. I sure hope they have a Enslaved 2.
I am not much of a review writer but I want everyone to know about this game.
Have fun
Paul

Re: Enslaved, Odyssey to the West [Re: Paul] #676237
12/02/10 12:38 AM
12/02/10 12:38 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Thanks Paul -- it does sound like a lot of fun. I like the idea of the 3 difficulty levels for those of us who don't have lightning reflexes. wave

Re: Enslaved, Odyssey to the West [Re: Becky] #676327
12/02/10 10:21 AM
12/02/10 10:21 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Paul, I just saw an advertisement for this in an older issue of a gaming magazine. wave

What was the most fun for you about the game?

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Enslaved, Odyssey to the West [Re: looney4labs] #676410
12/02/10 03:02 PM
12/02/10 03:02 PM
NH, Strafford
Paul Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Paul  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

NH, Strafford
Looney4labs....the answer to your question is "EVERYTHING"....The graphics, the atmosphere,
gameplay, the enemies, the humor, just an amazing game as far as I am concerned. When I can finish a game I am having fun. Plus I just started playing it again last night. I found out that you carry over all your upgrades plus what orbs you have collected. Traveling the 1st 2 levels I found all kinds of orbs I had missed the 1st time around.

Re: Enslaved, Odyssey to the West [Re: Paul] #678778
12/09/10 03:10 PM
12/09/10 03:10 PM
NW. Wash . USA
Dunn Tawkin Offline
Settled Boomer
Dunn Tawkin  Offline
Settled Boomer

NW. Wash . USA

Paul, Glad you found this game.

Looks like a really good game .

Don't have an x-box or ps3 though frown

Dunn

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 299 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users