GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: derek] #705059
03/07/11 04:28 PM
03/07/11 04:28 PM
Cleveland UK
R
robbo Offline
Settled Boomer
robbo  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

Cleveland UK
Hi Derek, sorry for the delay, missed my usual visit here until now.
Ok, I'll get a save ready and send instructions on how to use it.

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: robbo] #705062
03/07/11 04:35 PM
03/07/11 04:35 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Robbo.

luck derek wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #889025
05/21/13 09:07 AM
05/21/13 09:07 AM
TUCSON, ARIZONA
slk230 Offline
Settled Boomer
slk230  Offline
Settled Boomer

TUCSON, ARIZONA
I know this is an old thread but I just started
playing this game a few days ago.

Does anyone have a saved game "after the swinging ax puzzle".

Thank you

Alan

Last edited by slk230; 05/21/13 09:17 AM.

I Love Adventure Games. If only I could do them.

Alan
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #889031
05/21/13 09:42 AM
05/21/13 09:42 AM
southampton ,England
P
petjo Offline
Settled Boomer
petjo  Offline
Settled Boomer
P

southampton ,England
Sorry but I found the game too difficult for my senior years so had to give it up---I am sure someone wil help you --best of luck- regards ---Petjo

pstill
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #889052
05/21/13 11:03 AM
05/21/13 11:03 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hi Alan, I see we did have a member with saves. Let's give it a bit and see if someone has one. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #889625
05/24/13 10:40 AM
05/24/13 10:40 AM
TUCSON, ARIZONA
slk230 Offline
Settled Boomer
slk230  Offline
Settled Boomer

TUCSON, ARIZONA
Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Hi Alan, I see we did have a member with saves. Let's give it a bit and see if someone has one. wave

I will give it a day or 2 more and if nothing comes up I will delete the game.

Thank you,

Alan

I Love Adventure Games. If only I could do them.

Alan
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: slk230] #894854
06/16/13 12:15 PM
06/16/13 12:15 PM
Finland
T
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Hi,

I'm afraid there is some bug preventing me from entering the mine tunnel using the wagon in chapter 3.

After I have successfully moved to the tunnel entry and stand by the empty wagon I can see both "Magnifying Class" and "Hand" icons.

When I click the "Magnifying Class" icon the game instructs me to attach the light to the wagon. After having done so the game says I'm ready to enter the tunnel as I have both light and crowbar with.

When I click the "Hand" icon (or hit key E) by the Wagon, nothing happens. Jekyll "freezes" and can't be moved until I visit the Inventory and exit it. The wagon isn't a hot spot any more and I'm in the dead end.

In the Inventory only the "Magnifying Class" icon has ever been enabled for the crowbar, never the "Hand".

Does any of you have any workaround to offer? Either how it's done "correctly" or a save game after entering the mine tunnel using the wagon.

Thanks in advance,

Timo

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #894872
06/16/13 01:42 PM
06/16/13 01:42 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hi ya TJL and Welcome to GameBoomers wave

I haven't played this game, but I know some members have. A Google search yielded only the wisdom that sometimes starting the section over may help.

There is a Walkthrough Here that gives instructions for the mine. That might help you. luck

-Roger Caras
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #894904
06/16/13 03:11 PM
06/16/13 03:11 PM
Finland
T
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Hi ya TJL and Welcome to GameBoomers wave

Thanks for welcoming me here.

This site has been my number one source of walkthroughs for years.

I have googled and read several walkthroughs for this particular problem including the one on this site.

None of them describes the events in every detail. I assume that after Hyde has fixed the rail and you click the "Hand" icon as Jekyll again, the next sequence shows you and the wagon by the tunnel entrance. If you haven't already attached the light then clicking "Magnifying Glass" icon asks you to do so. Should you then use the crowbar or is clicking "Hand" icon enough? For me there is no option shown in the Inventory to use the crowbar, should there be?

I have tried starting the game from several earlier savepoints but nothing seems to help. I always lack means to enter the tunnel with the wagon.

My game version is a download version from Adventure Shop US. There is no patch available there, already checked it.

I hope some of you having played the game through is able to help me with this problem. By offering a save game if there is no other way to pass this problem.

Timo

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #894986
06/16/13 09:09 PM
06/16/13 09:09 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Timo, I've emailed for help, but don't have anyway of knowing if/when the member will see it.

-Roger Caras
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #895026
06/17/13 02:49 AM
06/17/13 02:49 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Timo, I've emailed for help, but don't have anyway of knowing if/when the member will see it.

Thanks a lot for your kind help. I'll be patient and wait for help at this point. No lust to begin from start again.

Thanks,
Timo

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #895029
06/17/13 03:09 AM
06/17/13 03:09 AM
southampton ,England
P
petjo Offline
Settled Boomer
petjo  Offline
Settled Boomer
P

southampton ,England
Hi TJL-----I tried this game some time ago but afraid I am no help --- I found -- in my advancing years -- that it was far too complicated and difficult for me so had to give it up -- good luck though with other members--Petjo

pstill
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #895169
06/17/13 03:59 PM
06/17/13 03:59 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
TJL, someone very knowledgeable about these types of issues suggested that you try playing with your video or audio settings turned down a bit to see if that helped.

If that doesn't help, she suggested you keep all your saved games except the last one in a separate folder.

And if neither of those do the trick, I'd be happy to transfer your question to the Glitches forum as that is where the techie folks tend to hang out. You might get your answer more quickly there. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #895281
06/18/13 07:01 AM
06/18/13 07:01 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Originally Posted By: petjo
Hi TJL-----I tried this game some time ago but afraid I am no help --- I found -- in my advancing years -- that it was far too complicated and difficult for me so had to give it up -- good luck though with other members--Petjo

Hi Petjo,

sorry to hear you found this game too difficult. I have played around 100 adventure games through and always try to manage without walkthrough but after having stuck for several days I give up and use the walkthrough - usually one or two peeks are enough for one game. Fortunately there are so many games of different levels that each of us find something suitable. Nice to notice there are also other members from this side of Atlantic smile.

Timo

TJL, someone very knowledgeable about these types of issues suggested that you try playing with your video or audio settings turned down a bit to see if that helped.

If that doesn't help, she suggested you keep all your saved games except the last one in a separate folder.

And if neither of those do the trick, I'd be happy to transfer your question to the Glitches forum as that is where the techie folks tend to hang out. You might get your answer more quickly there. wave

Hi looney4labs,

thanks a lot for your hints, I'll have to try those later. I have just started my summer vacation this Monday and tomorrow we fly whole family to Swiss Alps smile. So this must wait for a while.

Timo

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #895283
06/18/13 07:18 AM
06/18/13 07:18 AM
southampton ,England
P
petjo Offline
Settled Boomer
petjo  Offline
Settled Boomer
P

southampton ,England
Hi Timo--- thanks for your interest---I do usually get through most games with the help of walkthroughs but the negotiations beat me on this one---Petjo

pstill
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #895334
06/18/13 10:47 AM
06/18/13 10:47 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Have fun on your vacation, Timo! Let us know if those things worked for you whenever you get around to playing again. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #897466
06/28/13 03:57 AM
06/28/13 03:57 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Hi,

back in business - the Swiss Alps were worth a trip! smile

I tried suggested workarounds without any success. The tunnel stays locked for me and my mine wagon.

I did some googling with various search terms and finally the game name plus part of the save game file name led me to a german adventure game site "adventurespiele.net" where all the save games for this game were available in one zip file (Click here). Downloading from that site needs registering.

Their walkthrough also tells with highlighted letters that there is a bug in this game preventing entering the tunnel. Their walkthrough stops right before entering the tunnel and continues when Jekyll walks out of that tunnel. I just wonder whether they got their save game files to continue the game from developer or some other player who has successfully played through that part of the game, the story doesn't tell. Maybe this is Windows language dependent bug?

One of you with american (english) Windows could try using the save game files of chapter 3 act 2 to see if it works in such environment letting Jekyll to enter the tunnel.

The readme file in that zip package denies right to share the package outside the community without asked permission. Maybe your admins could cooperate with this matter to get it published by gameboomers as well?

My acute problem seems to be cleared now. Thanks for everyone here for your kind help! smile

Timo

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #897544
06/28/13 12:49 PM
06/28/13 12:49 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Timo, that is quite a saga. I'm glad you got it going. You'll have to let us know if you think it is worth all the effort.

I will get your request to the board owner, but we generally don't host saved games here. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #897545
06/28/13 01:01 PM
06/28/13 01:01 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, TJL.

As L4L stated - we don't host saved games here. We appreciate your help for other gamers. Happy gaming!

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: MaG] #897660
06/29/13 03:48 AM
06/29/13 03:48 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
No problem, now everyone in need for those three savegame files know where to download them. The only downside is that it needs everyone to register and do the download personally.

But I feel The Adventure Shop (AS) being too soft with this matter. They can't be unaware of this bug. Still there is no patch available. They say the publisher is Lezard Interactive which has also published 44 other game titles AS sells. In case of game launch or in-game problems AS asks to turn to the publisher. But on their publisher support page there is no Lezard Interactive listed! So they just wash their hands of problems of 45 game titles they sell!

All gamers should be aware of this before buying any game from AS. In case of problems other than installation they are left on their own! AS seems not to have any interest of demanding patches for faulty games they keep on selling from their publishers or developers!

While you have AS advertisement (link) on your site, do you have any such relationship with them that could have some influence to correct this matter?

Timo

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #897695
06/29/13 10:10 AM
06/29/13 10:10 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Timo,

The patch should come from the developer who made the game.
Lezard Interactive IS The Adventure Shop. They just publish the games they get.
Just like if Amazon or Steam get games for publications.
Just like we get walkthroughs or reviews here at GameBoomers from writers and use GB as publisher.

So please understand the system or game procedure before you express uneducated opinions.

We here at GameBoomers only have partnership with companies that have proven that they are trustworthy. If we find otherwise; of course that is subject to change.

Re: Jekyll and Hyde help Thread # 2 [Re: looney4labs] #897753
06/29/13 12:17 PM
06/29/13 12:17 PM
Finland
T
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
No need to be upset. English is not my native language and I may well say things unnecessarily straight, I apologize.

I know the role of game developer and publisher well enough.

By my opinion it is primarily the developers responsibility to make a patch and hand it over to the publisher if they find out or hear their game has a bug.

But if the developer doesn't actively do their share to make the game playable again it is very much the responsibility of the publisher to demand it from the developer and make all buyer candidates aware of that problem until it is corrected and they have a patch to offer.

In this particular case the developer Pixelcage GmbH in Germany doesn't seem to exist anymore and this game was left their only title published.

So I find it to be a very good question why The Adventure Shop (Lezard Interactive as you say) still sells this game while they must know that all or at least some gamers are not capable of completing the game as it is sold. They don't mention anything about this proven bug or that there will probably never come any patch for it. That kind of behavior from The Adventure Shop side is not responsible towards their loyal customers.

I have downloaded some 20 games from The Adventure Shop and this one has been the first one with problems. Some of those games have even got patches offered for downloading. So I won't say it's their habit to act like this but this particular game and the way they still sell it doesn't look good or responsible in my eyes. That is just my personal point of view, I can't speak for anyone else.

Timo

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (PierreLombardo, Draclvr, oldbroad, Mikael), 178 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users