GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#708656 - 03/18/11 11:42 AM Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review
sassydetective Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: maldlions
Plot: B
i liked the plot better then STFD but i don`t know it lost the touch about in hour into the game but i still like it

Characters: C
i didn`t like the characters that much, they were weird they acted like they had no personlaties.
THIS is the first game where you stay in one location, which is ok beacuse you don`t have to search hunderd places but you also have less locations to search.

Puzzles: B
The puzzles in this game were cool they fit the story the background story and they wern`t Annyoning like in STFD.

Ending: D
i did`nt like the ending part from STFD the ending was too short.

Music; B i loved the music even through it gave me the creeps.

BACKGROUND A / GRAPHICS C ; the Backgrounds were amazing like in STFD, but the gaphics were ok, the characters look as if they got worse. Phone; A i loved talking to Bess and George they were amazing. Scare factor; A this game was creepy as you can tell by the title but the game scare me and what i like about this game is the scare factor made the the game more enjoyouble. Overall; i give this game a B thanks for reading PEACE OUT

#708828 - 03/18/11 09:08 PM Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review [Re: sassydetective]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I came fairly late to Nancy Drew games - having always thought they were only for children - but this was my first one.
And playing it made me want to find and play the others thumbsup

However, as sleuthing gradually got overtaken by chores (in the later releases) my enthusiasm for the games definitely waned rolleyes

#708919 - 03/19/11 06:04 AM Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review [Re: Mad]
blsbet44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: In the kitchen baking cookies
I think that this was ND's spookiest game. All that creepy whispering and those jumpy shadows

. Some of the voice acting left a bit to be desired but I LOVED the overall play and the lack of chores laugh

Thanks sassy
Too lazy to clean the house

#709489 - 03/21/11 10:33 AM Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review [Re: blsbet44]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Sassy, I loved this one. That is why we love member reviews....all sides are heard from.

#710951 - 03/26/11 04:09 PM Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review [Re: looney4labs]
Dreamer1990 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania
Interesting review, thanks. Haven't played this one.

#712895 - 04/02/11 10:50 AM Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review [Re: Dreamer1990]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Michigan
This was my first Nancy Drew game. So I am kind of sentimental about it. My granddaughter and I played it together and we were immediately hooked. I have the entire ND series but the last few games have been very disappointing. They are getting too difficult and are a chore to play. Message in a Haunted Mansion was very playable and the graphics were very nice.This one and the ones immediately following were very enjoyable.

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)

#713467 - 04/04/11 11:56 AM Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review [Re: Penny Lane]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Penny, this is one of my favorites. wave

#713600 - 04/04/11 06:45 PM Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review [Re: looney4labs]
GBC Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
Hi Sassy, It was a while ago but I loved this game. I have the entire collection and this was one of my favorites. wave

Moderator:  looney4labs, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Cue, Barb, Redz, Sorta Blonde, chrissie, Haroula, 2 invisible), 85 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users