GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Belief and Betrayal [Re: Jenny100] #1112950
06/06/17 09:31 AM
06/06/17 09:31 AM
Austin, Texas
Z
Zurreen Offline
Settled Boomer
Zurreen  Offline
Settled Boomer
Z

Austin, Texas
Oh, one more thing though. I have never played Diablo, so wouldn't know anything about that. But, in all fairness, you have to admit that Belief & Betrayal is just way more advanced than Dark Fall: The Journal. As I recall, there was only one cutscene (at the end) and absolutely no use of the keyboard, in Dark Fall. In contrast, Belief & Betrayal was so much more sophisticated in Music, Storyline, Game Design, just about everything! So perhaps no comparison at all between these two games, don't you agree? smile

Re: Belief and Betrayal [Re: alfoil] #1112985
06/06/17 02:21 PM
06/06/17 02:21 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
My point was about the age of the game not making a difference in compatibility.
There are much older games than Belief and Betrayal that work correctly in Windows 7.

You mentioned that you played several other games from around the same time period as Belief and Betrayal without a problem. I don't know about Outcry, which is 1st person, but I don't see Belief and Betrayal as being any more "advanced" or "sophisticated" than Next Life or Everlight, or even older games like Keepsake or Moment of Silence.

Re: Belief and Betrayal [Re: alfoil] #1113050
06/07/17 02:29 AM
06/07/17 02:29 AM
Austin, Texas
Z
Zurreen Offline
Settled Boomer
Zurreen  Offline
Settled Boomer
Z

Austin, Texas
Yes, I do see what you mean. It just seemed - well, unfair - to use Dark Fall: The Journal for comparison. That game was frankly a huge disappointment to me. I never did try it on Win 7. Rather, I played it on XP, shortly after it was released; and, in spite of the fact that I had the latest and best graphic card, the graphics were so poor even on my XP. To say nothing of the storyline or game design. Next Life played the best on Win 7, but I did have crashes with Everlight. In fact, Belief & Betrayal played as well as Next Life. The only problem was that, for some reason, my keyboard would not respond, which is why I couldn't use Esc to go to the Main Menu or the Spacebar to see if I might have missed an interactive object. And I did mention that the game wanted to install its own version of DirectX but, for some reason, failed to do so. So I wonder if the problem was, not so much with the game, but that additional installation failure... What do you think?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre), 233 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users