GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#783483 - 01/27/12 05:53 AM If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game...
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I've been playing Pahelika: Revelations (it's discussed in the GB Casual Games forum here). I haven't consulted a walkthrough this much since RHEM 4. lol

If you're the type of gamer who relishes tough puzzles, even though this is considered a casual game, you should give it a try.

Don't let the purple sparkles lead you to think this game is easy! The purple sparkles are mere purple frosting on the devious layers of puzzle toughness. evil

Pahelika Revelations is a sequel to a previous casual game: Pahelika Secret Legends. You don't need to play Secret Legends in order to enjoy Revelations, though after Revelations, if you're curious about the story, you might want to go back and try Secret Legends to learn more.

Edited by Becky (01/27/12 05:56 AM)

#783497 - 01/27/12 07:26 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Thanks, Becky. I'm going to give this one a try.

#783502 - 01/27/12 08:05 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I am very curious as to what you think of it. wave

#783513 - 01/27/12 09:25 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Country
Hi, Becky... I just played this... and you are right... I was surprised at the difficulty of some of the puzzles.... I had fun smile

#783781 - 01/28/12 01:17 PM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Coreoverload Offline
Addicted Boomer

Meh, the problem with demos is that they end.

I enjoyed the game. I did get stuck for a bit trying to get into the almirah. During which time
I grabbed over 100 pieces of paper to see if there was some hidden document underneath. There wasn't.

BTW, just to clarify, casual and free are not interchangeable, correct?

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (01/29/12 09:31 AM)
Edit Reason: Combined stacked posts

#783784 - 01/28/12 01:31 PM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Right! Some great free games are real adventures, like the King's Quest and Space Quest remakes from Infamous Adventures and original games from people on the Adventure Game Studio forum.

Gil.

#783924 - 01/29/12 04:13 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Thanks Becky looks like fun and challenging! wave

#783935 - 01/29/12 07:01 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel.
So what makes it a casual game then? Cause I'm actually in a need for a good, tough puzzle adventure smile

#783964 - 01/29/12 09:20 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Tomer -- the first game in the series was adventure-lite -- this second game is closer to adventure. It's right at the edge of the genre definition. The environments aren't as large as in (for instance) the RHEM games.

Anyone like Winfrey who makes it through the game -- I'm curious what you think of it.

#784090 - 01/29/12 04:04 PM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, as soon as my exams are over, I'm getting it, and I'll let you know :-)

#784091 - 01/29/12 04:09 PM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Sounds good. wave

#784106 - 01/29/12 05:46 PM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

ok, I just bought it, despite my effort to delay it smile
Will let you know soon what I think.
It's annoying that there's no way to avoid the "taxes" when you buy it! Or was there, and I missed it?

#784120 - 01/29/12 06:20 PM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I don't remember offhand. I pay taxes online so much nowadays (New York is very aggressive about it) that it's unremarkable to me.

frown

#784233 - 01/30/12 04:59 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, so far so good, I just arrived to the
Click to reveal..
Sage.

That's the first time I'm really stuck.
Click to reveal..
Can't find the right door, and I hope it ain't gonna be a sequence of right doors I need to pick, cause I can't see how to figure out those strange symbols above them

It also took me a while to find
Click to reveal..
The hidden button in the tower, where all the portals are.

But other than that I don't find the game extremely challenging. I find it harder to locate things on the screen (what I don't consider to be a very big intellectual challenge) And I have to disagree with the comparison to Rhem :-\
1. I don't get any Rhem vibes.
2. I find the puzzles of much lesser quality, generally, and definitely different from the super-logic-based puzzles of Rhem.
3. The whole sparkly thing reminds one it's a casual game... I can't say I like the genre a lot!

However, I am enjoying it... smile

#784238 - 01/30/12 05:33 AM Re: If you're looking for a first-person puzzle-heavy game... [Re: Becky]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi Tomer -- that's great that you're in. The comparison with RHEM 4 is that I've been forced to use a walkthrough frequently, just as I ended up doing in RHEM 4. The gameworld in Pahelika isn't as large. A soft hint for the door puzzle, if you want one:

Click to reveal..
The developers are based in India.

If anyone else has played both RHEM 4 and Pahelika Revelations, though, I am curious as to how you would compare the puzzles in each game. Is a tough puzzle simply a tough puzzle? How much difference does it make if the parts of the puzzle are spread out through a larger gameworld, rather than close at hand? Should the entire gameworld be part of the puzzle?

Edited by Becky (01/30/12 05:53 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Marian, Pokey, Melia, butterflybabe, kjos, Gimme, Cue, Jenny100, CountZero, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar, deadbringer
8579 Registered Users