GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Guild Wars [Re: looney4labs] #720279
04/27/11 11:29 AM
04/27/11 11:29 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I just reached level 20 in Pre-Searing Ascalon in Prophecies achieving the title Legendary Defender of Ascalon. This is the only way to get the title and once you go to Post-Searing you can't go back to Pre. Only Prophecies doesn't allow going back to training area once you've left it, and only one of the campaigns to have a special title for reaching level 20. Getting the title used to be a lot harder but they added daily quests that give 1000 experience as reward. Some of my guildies think people who get the title now should have an * by it, same with survivor and drunkard since Arenanet changed them too.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 04/27/11 11:37 AM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #720296
04/27/11 12:20 PM
04/27/11 12:20 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Guybrush and Congratulations. Titles are always fun to pursue and display.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars [Re: looney4labs] #720310
04/27/11 01:19 PM
04/27/11 01:19 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Thanks.

And on another character I just maxed drunkard title, Incorrigible Ale-Hound.

Still nothing announced about 6th anniversary of Prophecies which is tomorrow. I just found a post from man in charge, he's again hinted at something besides cupcakes and 6th year birthday minis for those people who have toons that old but not until the 28th.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 04/27/11 01:23 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #720627
04/28/11 12:51 PM
04/28/11 12:51 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
So, how is the Anniversary going?

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars [Re: looney4labs] #720670
04/28/11 04:16 PM
04/28/11 04:16 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
* PvP in Guild Wars is now globally affected by Flux.
* "The Villainy of Galrath" is now available as a Hard Mode quest
* Embark Beach now permits qualified leaders to enable Hard Mode for missions.
* Players who have completed "Finding a Purpose" can now change Razah's profession.
* The Friends List now displays locations for mutual friends.
* Added costume and festival hat vendors to Pre-Searing Ascalon.
* Added the option to use high-resolution textures in outposts.

Not listed on updates list: 6th birthday everlasting tonics. I'm very disappointed that tonics have apparently replaced mini pets because now there will never be a mini pet paragon, only profession for which there is no mini pet. Being everlasting means the tonic never runs out, you can use it many times as you like. The downside is you do not get any party animal points, 1 use tonics do give party animal points.

Birthday Cupcakes dropping as usual.
The boardwalk in Factions is open for the usual festival games.

Flux: every month they're going to add a different effect to characters doing PVP. This month its Lone Wolf: If you are not within earshot of an ally, you deal 10% additional damage, and take 10% more damage.

The Villainy of Galrath is a Prophecies quest which now has two versions. If your character has not done it you get the normal quest 4,000 experience and some free weapons. If your character has already done this version you get a harder version marked "Difficulty: Master" and which gives 30,000 experience and 5 platinum. Apparently you must do the new version of the quest in HM for it to work.

If you have some one in your friends list and they also have you in their friends list you can now see where your friend is currently located in the game. If you have someone in your list but they don't have you, you don't get their location. If someone has your in their list but you don't have them in your list, then they do not get your location. I suspect this is a test for GW2.

Razah is a hero you get after completing Nightfall. Was originally planned that Razah could change professions to be whatever you wanted it (Razah is neither male nor female) to be. That has just now been implemented. To change Razah's profession you have to goto Heart of Abaddon, WITHOUT Razah in your party, so a different Razah will appear, talk to it. WARNING: changing Razah's primary profession will erase the old Razah from you hero list installing the new one. Remove weapons (and I guess runes and insignia from armor) first or you'll lose them.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 04/28/11 06:57 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #737932
07/07/11 10:00 PM
07/07/11 10:00 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Ah here's the thread.

Anyway, Guild Wars: Factions: Winds of Change has begun. Also there's a new costumes for sale in the in game store. The new costumes are apparently connected to Winds of Change but I don't know how yet since I haven't done any of the quests. Customes once purchased are added to character from an in game costume maker and since they exist in Prophecies and Nightfall as well as Factions, Lions Arch and Kamadan will download new files he first time you visit them as well as Kaineng in Factions.

Apparently Winds of Change will have 3 chapters each with its own set of quests. These new quests have two modes, normal mode and hard mode. Completing a quest will change the spawns in the related area but only for the matching mode.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 07/07/11 10:17 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #738089
07/08/11 06:09 PM
07/08/11 06:09 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Is it normal for the quests to have an easy and an hard mode?

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: looney4labs] #738154
07/09/11 01:53 AM
07/09/11 01:53 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
No its not. That's something they added recently. And only certain quests have two versions. It's normal for missions to be done twice, once in NM and later in HM,after you've completed the campaign once, but this is not normal for quests.

Winds of Change quests (at least for Act 1) come in two types: Ministry of Purity quests and Imperial Guard quests. The Ministry of Purity is new and there is a rivalry between the two groups. The new costumes are based on these two groups.

Right now there are more Ministry of Purity quests, 17, than Imperil Guard quests, 3.

The last MOP quest end with a cut scene that says "To Be Continued". So I'm not going to do it again in hard mode (HM) until they've added the next chapter of Winds of Change in case they add a real cut scene. When collecting the reward you are told to go see the Herald of Purity, who does not currently exist, for the next quest.

Doing Ministry of Purity quests rewards Ministry Commendations. Fifteen of these can be traded for a weapon of Purity. Imperial Guard quests give Imperial Commendations, which were already in the game as rewards for other quests, however another set of weapons will be added later, the Imperial Weapons which apparently Imperial Commendations will be traded for. Right now the commendations can be traded for other things.

I didn't trust the Ministry of Purity when I first read it was coming and although they appear to be doing good, cleaning out the evil forces left behind after the wicked Shiro was defeated, there are hints that the MOP has a dark side. I think they're the White Mantle of Factions. You first meet them you're deceived until helping them out then later will discover they're up to no good.

Oh, to take part in Winds of Change your character has to have completed Guild Wars: Factions, that is done the primary quests and missions. The Winds of Change Imperial Guard quests will not be available until after you've done the first few Ministry of Purity quests. Once you've completed the first MOP quest in NM the HM version is available.

I forgot, one of the imperial guard quests is a solo quest, you go it alone, no other players, no heroes, no henchmen. And it requires that you have a pair of brass knuckles because your skills will be changed to a new set for brass knuckles only. You get the brass knuckle in the Eye of the North at Gunner's Hold. Once you get into the quest you'll have an NPC partner who can die but who automatically raises himself within a few seconds. If you run out of health than you get knocked down and you have a short amount of time to stand up (and be healed) before the quest fails. Its an easy quest in NM. I haven't done it in HM yet.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 07/09/11 02:03 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #756620
09/26/11 12:27 PM
09/26/11 12:27 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Quote:
"The people of Cantha could become something more, a reflection of what our Empire truly deserves to be.” ~Reiko

This is a post from the official Guildwars Twitter account. A hint that Cantha: Winds of Change Part 1 is coming?

And another:
Quote:
GuildWars Guild Wars
"I'm understanding now that it's much easier to have beliefs than it is to stand up for them." ~Shen Su

Winds of Change part 2 is definitely on the way.

And yet another (orginally split in two):
Quote:
“The people that find themselves oppressed will long for freedom, and then they will be ours. This way of life is all that we know, and we will live it to the fullest!” ~Apep

Quote:
"It is a challenge you will face for the rest of your life, to not lose yourself to the pain that the emptiness brings." ~Wan Ra

No wiki entries for Shen Su, Apep or Wan Ra, guess we haven't met them yet.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 09/27/11 07:12 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #756716
09/26/11 08:27 PM
09/26/11 08:27 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
The community must be excited! wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars: Canthan New Year [Re: looney4labs] #756735
09/26/11 10:16 PM
09/26/11 10:16 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Some what. Hoping part 2 is better than part 1.

Quote:
"Sometimes, what people see in a person becomes the truth of who they actually are.” ~Miku

Quote:
“The people need me. They look to me for hope.” ~Ashu

So far Miku is the only character we've met in game. She's part of Hearts of the North and its logical to assume her quote refers to Keiran Thackery.

Ashu Yuudachi is one of the founders of the Ministry of Purity along with Minister Reiko. BTW Ash's family was all killed except his sister disappeared and some of us suspects she's Miku.

Quote:
“There is no more need for bloodshed. I am not your enemy, and I do not wish to harm you.” ~Soar

That is presumably Soar Honorclaw leader of the Angchu Tengu. Tengu are a race of intelligent birds. Humans of Cantha were at war with the Tengu at one type. The Angchu tribe singed a peace treaty. Other tribes did not. There's already been some hints that the humans may break the treaty.

Note on Facebook says part 2 will start sometime today.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 09/29/11 12:37 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1 - Pink Day in LA [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #760176
10/11/11 10:49 PM
10/11/11 10:49 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Saturday October 15th from 12 noon to 6pm CST, there will be various events in Lion's Arch International Districts led by Gaming World Entertainment Network and Gamer's Giving Back. The goal beside having fun is to raise breast cancer awarness and money for research. Already made my annual donation.

Pink Day in LA started in 2007 and was repeated in 2008. Did not take place in 2009. During those first two years it was harder to convince people to dye their characters armor pink because to do so required mixing white and red dyes (the 2nd and 3rd most expensive in the game). In 2010 Arenanet added Rosa Salvitas the Pink Dye trader. Now instead of spending thousands of in game gold on white and red dye it costs just 100 gold per bottle. This year the vendor dye was renamed Vial of Rosa's Dye [Pink]. This dye is not tradeable. A second Pink dye has been added which can be dropped by monsters at random. This verion is tradeable. I've only seen it drop once.

Pink dye really doesn't look good on most of my characters so only my female dervish has pink armor. I dyed it last year for the day and liked it so much I didn't change the armor back to purple.

Donations are through Canadian Cancer Society. Those who donate at least $10 may enter a drawing for prizes. There will also be prizes given away online.

I have to work 12-9 so I'll miss the in game stuff.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1 - Pink Day in LA [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #760260
10/12/11 09:03 AM
10/12/11 09:03 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sounds like fun! Thanks Guybrush!

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars 1: Halloween [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #762192
10/20/11 02:23 PM
10/20/11 02:23 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Update - Thursday, October 20, 2011

The leaves have turned. The air is chill.
Spectral fiends do what they will.
We light a candle, draw the shades,
And hope it's just the light that fades.

Can ancient bonds still hold back doom?
Is there no everlasting tomb?
Should we help break the Mad King's yoke?
Are we a punchline in his joke?

Let's robe ourselves in others' guises,
Dodge the tricks, and seek out prizes,
Risk our souls for passing fame,
And pray that this is just a game.

Halloween Events

Preparations have been made for Halloween 2011.
Costume Brawl has been updated with new hero and villain costumes.
A new challenge mission will become available early next week.
-- from the Guild Wars wiki

There are two new costume available for puchase in the online store. Once purchased any of your characters can get them by talking to the costume maker npcs.

Apparently when first released there was a bug in the coloring. Its been fixed,but in my opinion it ruined The Vale Wraith costume by turning the dark green, which in poor light looks black, into a bright green. The Ravenheart Witchwear went from black to orange. One of my toons still has the original wraith costume apparently the update didn't effect costumes already on characters. Looks great, nice and spooky. I hate the fixed version. I died it blue on my necromancer and it looks better than that gaudy green. But the original mistake version is still the best.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 10/20/11 10:06 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1: Halloween [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #762354
10/21/11 04:11 PM
10/21/11 04:11 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sorry that they disimproved it Guy wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars 1: Halloween [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #762601
10/23/11 01:02 AM
10/23/11 01:02 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I'm a mummy. When you get a ritualist (which is Guild Wars: Factions profession) to the Bone Palace (which is near the end of Guild Wars: Nightfall) you can get Ancient Ritualist Armor which makes you look like a mummy. By default parts of the armor are gray. Using a tip on the wiki I died the armor a mixture of brown, yellow and silver, to make it look like old cloth. This is the first time I mixed dyes. So my ritualist is now a spirit summoning mummy.

Ancient armor for other professions does not make them look like a mummy. Sorry.

Before this rit was wearing Elite Exotic Armor (Factions armor available only to ritualists and assassins) which looks similar to some other Nightfall armors, which is probably why its considered exotic in Factions. It was dyed blue.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 10/24/11 12:05 AM. Reason: Dying wraith costume gray makes it look close to original version

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1: Halloween [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #764249
10/31/11 10:57 AM
10/31/11 10:57 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
This years Halloween hats are a three-cornered hat,, many are calling a pirate hat (Lion's Arch) and an executioner's hood (Kamadan).

I parked one of my characters in Lion's Arch over night and got 3 hats (and 30 trick-or-treat bags). I trashed 2 of the hats since they can only be worn by the character they're given to. I then showed it to festival hat maker to make copies for my other characters. Waiting for the Mad King Thorn to appear in Kamadan to get the other hat.

People who actively participate in the finales have a change to get up to 30 trick-or-treat bags at one time, people who just put their characters in LA or Kamandan and leave only get 10. Everybody gets the hats.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1: Halloween [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #768644
11/18/11 10:13 PM
11/18/11 10:13 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Due to a power outage in the eastern United States which caused many people to be unable to attend the Halloween finale to get the festival hats Arenanet has added two Halloween Hat Givers who will be available from November 17 to 24, 2011.

Erulis in Lion's Arch will trade 50 Candy Corns for the Tricorne.

Ashtan in Kamadan will trade 50 Pumpkin Cookies for the Reaper's Hood.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 11/18/11 10:14 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1: Halloween [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #768699
11/19/11 11:02 AM
11/19/11 11:02 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Wow Guybrush, that was really nice of Arenanet.

Cool mummy thumbsup

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars 1 - Black Friday (weekend) sale at NCSoft.com [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #769913
11/24/11 12:52 PM
11/24/11 12:52 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Black Friday Sale from Friday November 25 - Monday November 28th NCSoft will have the Guild Wars Trilogy for sale for $14.99. This is for download. Eye of the North will be $9.99.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 11/24/11 12:55 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1 - Black Friday (weekend) sale at NCSoft.com [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #769938
11/24/11 03:06 PM
11/24/11 03:06 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Guybrush, that's a nice price for lots of playing. thanksgiving

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars 1: Wintersday 2011 [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #774373
12/15/11 03:41 PM
12/15/11 03:41 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Quote:
The Season of the Colossus is loosening its grip,
But there are still the icy patches. Careful or you'll slip!
Perhaps you are the type to frolic in the frosty glow.
Perhaps you wear a fuzzy scarf until the Zephyrs blow.
Whichever type of reveler you know yourself to be,
One thing is true: this is a time for sweet festivity.
So wrap your hand around a ball of snow or mug of cheer.
Pelt your foes! Hug your friends! Wintersday is here!

-- from Guild Wars Wiki

Wintersday runs from Thursday, December 15th, 2011 - Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012, noon PST.

Finale, during which festival hats will be given out every 3 hours on January 1st.

Wintersday quests available now.

New costumes available for purchase in online store: Augur of Kormir and Vision of Lyssa. They can be purchased seperately or at a discounted price for both. Or for those who did not buy the previous Tyrian deity costumes there is the Limited Edition Pantheon Pack which contains all 6 costumes.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1: Wintersday 2011 [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #774383
12/15/11 05:04 PM
12/15/11 05:04 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Ohhhhh Dress up time puppy

-Roger Caras
Re: Guild Wars 1 [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #777731
12/30/11 02:51 PM
12/30/11 02:51 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Interview with the Live Team leader John Stumme – Part 1, Winds of Change - a small group (three designers [one does PVP], one programmer and two Q&A) maintains Guild Wars 1. An undisclosed number of volunteers test the new builds for the Live Team.

So as it stands right now, there will not be a part 4 to Guild Wars: Beyond, no seeing what happens to Elona (Guild Wars: Nightfall).

Guild Wars: Beyond:
1: The War in Kryta (Guild Wars: Prophecies, Guild Wars: Eye of the North)
2: Hearts of the North (Guild Wars: Prophecies, Guild Wars: Eye of the North)
3: Winds of Change (Guild Wars: Factions)

Part 1 requires completing either Prophecies or Eye of the North.

Part 2 requires completing part 1.

Part 3 requires completing Factions, does not require doing part 1 or 2 however part 3 does feature a character introduced in part 2.

Currently Playing:
Re: Guild Wars 1 [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #777744
12/30/11 03:25 PM
12/30/11 03:25 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Guybrush. I'm sorry fans are not going to get to follow Elona. wave12

-Roger Caras
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 299 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users