GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#790917 - 02/25/12 06:29 PM Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst?
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
It;s getting more and more difficult to "categorize" a game, because indie developers are exploring and experimenting every day more.
After Dear Esther, it's the turn of Cradle, a new game by Flying Cafe for Semianimals Studio, a team of all professional game developers, that has been labelled already as the "new Myst".
If you read the description of the game, you are quite confused because you will find a bit of everything, but when you start watching the Teaser Trailer and the Gameplay Video #1 you begin to guess, listening to the very captivating music, that there will be much more to discover.
Here's the brief details:

Quote:
Cradle is a science-fiction first-person quest with freedom of movement. The story is built around the relations of the protagonist and a mechanized girl, who by enigmatic circumstances find themselves together in a yurt among the desert Mongolian hills. The player is to restore the lost functions of his companion's mechanical body parts and together reveal the mystery of the neglected entertainment park found not far from the yurt.

“Our goal is to deliver the player a specific emotional experience similar to what we may see in a night dream, where our life is completely different from the real one, with its own past and present. Cradle is a strange beautiful dream filled with anticipation of discovering a deep old mystery” - said Ilya Tolmachev, the Creative Director and Founder of Flying Cafe.

Key features of Cradle:

• First-person 3D-quest/adventure
• Freedom of movement within the game realm
• Unique game atmosphere formed by the combination of elements pertaining to various cultures and epochs
• Multi-level context of the story
• Highly-detailed graphics of the game locations
• Increased density of unique interactive objects providing extra story details
• Combination of classic quest mechanics with dynamic arcade puzzles
• Specific system of displaying character emotions
• Hidden objects offering bonuses to the player
• Alternative game ending available
• Game powered by cutting-edge Unigine technology.

About Flying Cafe

Flying Cafe For Semianimals was founded in January 2011 by a group of professional developers united by the idea of creating games to combine non-standard gaming solutions and innovation with high quality of the production. Currently the studio works on the Cradle project.

To try to understand a bit more about this fascinating game, visit the Flyng Cafe Blog for screenshots, system specs and more details.

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”

#790920 - 02/25/12 06:44 PM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Carla!

Ana wave

#790921 - 02/25/12 06:48 PM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Country
Very interesting.. very... going to keep a look out for this one... thanks

#790928 - 02/25/12 07:24 PM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Thanks Carla! wave It's intriguing -- part of the landscape does remind me of the beginning of the Cleft in Uru.

I've always wondered what a yurt would look like. It has nothing to do with yoghurt, right? grin

#790936 - 02/25/12 08:10 PM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Interesting but the atmosphere looks poisonous. It reminds me of La Belle Dame Sans Merci.

And this is why I sojourn here,
Alone and palely loitering,
Though the sedge is wither’d from the lake,
And no birds sing.

Maybe they had Keats as their script writer. cool

Gil.

#790958 - 02/25/12 11:43 PM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: traveler]
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks, Carla. Must go take a peek grin

#790979 - 02/26/12 03:53 AM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
It does look a little like the start Myst Revelation Carla.

#790999 - 02/26/12 06:29 AM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
Argyle1968 Offline
Shy Boomer

Stunning!

Looks like it has a much more interesting and original storyline than the Myst games, quite frankly.

Looks like a really beautiful game. Can't wait to play it.

#791000 - 02/26/12 07:04 AM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Movement reminds me of Penumbra, but beautiful scenery instead. Maybe a motion sickness problem for me though..... sick

#791023 - 02/26/12 09:19 AM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Upsy, you aren't alone. I got nauseous watching the trailer. lol

#823511 - 07/17/12 11:41 AM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
ikonius Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Guess I'll just have to ask my md to prescribe Gravol when I get the game then smile It looks awesome!

#823533 - 07/17/12 01:37 PM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
Finally, a first-person game! I'll have to watch out for this one.

"We'll have some Action elements though"
This concerns me some. The developer is responding to someone who thought the game was a "shooter".

#823544 - 07/17/12 03:00 PM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
michele rose Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ohio
Very intriguing, visually stunning and musically captivating. I'm definitely looking forward to this game-play experience.

#883348 - 04/25/13 07:22 AM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
ergggo Offline
Settled Boomer

This game has recently been upvoted enough on Steam to be "Green-lit". This means when the game is completed it will be distributed through Steam's Greenlight service. I haven't seen any updates yet on when the game will be finished.

#883417 - 04/25/13 10:16 AM Re: Cradle by Flying Cafe Semianimal: the new Myst? [Re: Carla]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks ergggo! That is wonderful news and hope that the future is now looking bright for the game to be released!

Ana wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (k28d13j11, Jenny100, CanukDenis, Gimme, Laurette, judith, kjos, GuybrushThreepwood, auntiegram, Draclvr), 95 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users