GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#800039 - 04/03/12 02:01 PM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: chrissie]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi PeterKarlsson -- thank you for stopping by! wave

#800045 - 04/03/12 02:55 PM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: PeterKarlsson]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Thank you PeterKarlsson for taking the time & trouble to come & post here & also for your appreciation of my 'amateur' review. I did genuinely enjoy the game & the story which I would have so loved to have been expanded as it was intriguing but I wanted to know more!

You have the talent to do it both in terms of story & 'mechanics' so hope you continue to make more games & I look forward to your next one. smile

#800084 - 04/03/12 05:14 PM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: chrissie]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks PeterKarlsson for stopping by. We love to hear from developers. wave

#803444 - 04/19/12 01:52 PM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: looney4labs]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

I just need to tell you that some of the technical issues described in the Adventure Gamers review such as walking on the ceiling I have now encountered + some awkwardness with gameplay - the only explanation I can give is a series of Microsoft updates I've just had! mad

#803457 - 04/19/12 02:21 PM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: chrissie]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Ahhhh Chrissie, that is too bad. Are there known work arounds?

#803484 - 04/19/12 05:12 PM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: looney4labs]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi looney4labs, I don't have enough technical expertise to answer that? All I can say is that the game worked perfectly & now not so much & appreciate more why there are so many 'criticisms' - I'm still finding it playable -just a little more awkward in parts & my lock-pick sequences still seem to work!
It does seem to me unfair on the developers that Microsoft updates are to blame & it's not the first time it's happened!

I can't remember what game I was playing in the past where I had to go back to a restore point to be able to continue after a MS update! ( idea Maybe if you're having trouble playing the game you could try going back to a restore point before many MS updates?)

#803525 - 04/19/12 08:19 PM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: chrissie]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Chrissie, I don't know but you can't lose much by trying it I don't think. luck

#807111 - 05/08/12 12:21 AM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: looney4labs]
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer

The problem with restore points is all too often Microsoft tells you when all said and done "restore failed" It is a good feature to have but don't count on it when you most need it.

Chrissy, if you know the date the updates were done you can always remove them.

START/Control Panel/Uninstall program
In Win7 click the option listed on the upper left named View Installed Updates.

It will list all your updates in the box showing programs to uninstall. They are listed by date installed. Be sure to write down the names of the files. So you will know which ones you removed.

If you only installed a few on that day go ahead and uninstall them. You won't know which one is the villain it is a guess. You can then reinstall one at a time to determine which one is the problem.

To reinstall just go to Microsoft's updates page. Be sure to reinstall one at a time so you can check to see which one is the problem.

If you figure it out perhaps the game developer will reward you if you report it to them. With that info they could create a patch

Edit**

That method is good info to have. Sometimes MS updates mess stuff up. A year or so ago updates had a glitch that prevented people from connecting to the internet. A week later they issued a fix. All well and good but what if you only had one PC? How do you DL the fix? This way you could dump the updates and perhaps rid yourself of the problem.

Edited by oldmariner (05/08/12 05:54 PM)

#807165 - 05/08/12 08:42 AM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: chrissie]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

thanks Oldmariner wave

Edited by looney4labs (05/08/12 12:36 PM)

#807694 - 05/10/12 04:40 AM Re: Dark Secrets [Re: oldmariner]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for the useful info oldmariner! For my part I've finished the game (a few times!) but if I've got time I may try & identify whether it is one of the Microsoft updates that are making this game difficult for players.

It would be great if the developers could produce a patch so that it is playable for gamers that may enjoy it! smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  looney4labs, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (Homer6, traveler, Marian), 46 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users