GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#810837 - 05/23/12 06:26 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Thanks Karsten -- that's helpful! wave

#811107 - 05/24/12 10:48 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

Does everyone find this a surprise? I certainly do.

Was there any warning sign from more than one month ago? It seems rather sudden. dtp has been around for quite a while and has a good library of adventure games. Was this a sale issue or something else?

#811257 - 05/25/12 04:40 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
I have seen no warning sign or anything like this that dtp was about to close its doors. However, games these days are big busines and a game needs to sell at least 1 million copies to be succesfull. And by that I mean to break even, e.g. just getting the money back investors poured into making the game.

Most rpgs these days need to sell at least 2 million copies to break even or more. My guess is that dtp didn't get enough enough income to make some payment either on loans or maybe even on wages/salaries for their employees.

#811412 - 05/27/12 08:19 AM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
vic Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: St Albans, UK
I was really looking forward to haunted too...got the message from Amazon.co.uk the other day re it:

Hello,

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

"Haunted (PC DVD)"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order.

...I might see if there is a German version I can buy it is not my preferred language for games but better than not being able to play it ever.

#811490 - 05/27/12 02:06 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
Kolby Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Norway
I have been eagerly waiting for the english version of Haunted since i played the german demo last year. I really hoped it would be released this month, but that didn't happen cry

According to Play.com , Haunted is delayed until 27 july.

The german version of Lost Chronicles of Zerzura is in stock at Amazon.de , and Memento Mori 2 is scheduled for release in Germany 8 june.

Let's hope those games sell millions, so DTP can get cash to release the english versions soon wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
19 registered (linda333, connie, looney4labs, Barry, Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, kjos, gymcandy1, Gordon, 1 invisible), 80 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse, arlenewilson32, ponycakes
8539 Registered Users