GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#809761 - 05/19/12 10:28 AM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel.
Venus, unfortunately we can't stay around the 425$ish cause we're already on 440K (with paypal) :-)
We have about a week to get 10K in paypal - I think it's pretty certain we'll get our orchestra and dialogue. Even if they'll be a little short - it'll do the game so much good to have these, I doubt they won't make it.

It has been incredible these past few days. Thank you, everyone who supported and joined us. I'm sorry I kept pushing the board's limit and making the mods wonder if they should kick me out, I just couldn't help it :-)

Edited by Tomer (05/19/12 10:30 AM)

#809765 - 05/19/12 10:36 AM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
It's over and the final total Per JJ is:

Quote:
And.... Closed! Final total $435K plus another 4.5K in paypal so far. Thank you so much to all our generous backers! We've got a fantastic community started and hope to see you all on our Pinkerton Road forum

Ana wave

#809770 - 05/19/12 10:57 AM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Land of Hamlet
It has been an awesom day - thanks Tomer for keeping us on the toes lol.

#809793 - 05/19/12 12:16 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I hope Ms. Jensen is happy with the final result. I don't think she's slept a wink during the whole campaign, she's been so busy giving us new information, videos and interviews!

Can she relax a bit, or is this just the beginning of another marathon effort?

#809809 - 05/19/12 01:51 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Becky, to be honest - I think some fans slept even less :-) She couldn't have done it without a very passionate and faithful community.

Anyway, I hope she rests a little, drinks some wine and starts developing her stories :-)
Same for Robert and his music.

#809890 - 05/19/12 07:41 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I think she's raised by bar for interacting with the fans during the full campaign. I've enjoyed the process a lot. I think that's partly why the fans have responded with such enthusiasm (in addition to anticipating her games, of course). grin

#809972 - 05/20/12 06:28 AM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
And now I hope her fans and backers will be patient if there are delays, which is normal in game development. When you read the behind the scene of the development of Gabriel Knight 3, it really makes you realise how much work really goes into making one great quality adventure and that many miracles are required for them to get done on time and on budget, if at all:

Postmortem: Sierra Studios' Gabriel Knight 3
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3127/postmortem_sierra_studios_.php

Budget: Originally well below $2 million, final budget $4.2 million.
Length of Development: Almost 3 years.
Release Date: November 1999 (over a year late).

I suddenly developed an unbound admiration for the achievement of Gabriel Knight 3, I'm going to play it again now keeping in mind the hard work that went into it and the miracle of its existence.

As the gamer community who backed Jane and Robert we must be ready to accept delays, and to help further if necessary at some point. $450,000 for the type of high standard adventures Jane Jensen is capable of is not a lot of money and one year to deliver is a very short time.

At least as backers we will have an inside view behind the scene and see all the problems that will arise, and we'll be more understanding than publishers perhaps. I'm sure it will be as entertaining if not more than playing the games themselves, and perhaps this is what we have contributed to, primarily.

We love Jane and Robert, we love the games they're making and we trust them enough to back them up, and I'm sure we will be patient. And eventually we will enjoy the fruit of paying upfront for probably the most exciting adventures to come.

#810065 - 05/20/12 12:55 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Rmt - totally! One of the main nightmares of game developers, I think, is that they're always forced to work under a terrible time pressure. You can almost always notice how end of games are rushed away - be it Gray Matter, Myst 4... it really happens often. And they keep whining about that, too.
We do indeed have a planned time, but I'm pretty serious that fans won't cause as much pressure as producers do.
It must feel soooo nice to not have a publisher telling you what you have to do, and how, and when. They already have their money and they can do with it as they will. If they eventually won't give us a satisfying product, the market will show the results - but now we'll know it has nothing to do with terrible publishers!

Edited by Tomer (05/20/12 12:56 PM)

#810101 - 05/20/12 06:03 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:

This is an amazing article, definitely worth a read for GK fans. When you read about how much went wrong with that game it's sort of crazy that it came out as good as it did!

#810118 - 05/20/12 07:07 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
New thank you video up. It mentions Two Guys from Andromeda and Tex Murphy kickstarters, wish was good of them.

#810134 - 05/20/12 08:15 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
New thank you video up. It mentions Two Guys from Andromeda and Tex Murphy kickstarters, wish was good of them.

Where did you see this at?

#810137 - 05/20/12 08:37 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: GreyFuss]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Where did you see this at?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg/posts

Edited by rmt (05/20/12 08:41 PM)

#810140 - 05/20/12 08:45 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks rmt

#810147 - 05/20/12 09:46 PM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Temporaryscars Offline
Shy Boomer

I really wish this had been a GK sequel. I would have donated quite a bit.

#810173 - 05/21/12 03:11 AM Re: Jane Jensen Announces Moebius -- A Spiritual Successor to Gabriel Knight [Re: Temporaryscars]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Let's think about this, why would they say Mystery Game X for the second game instead of announcing it? They said there was some sort of deal made, can you think of anything else but GK4? It must be a deal with Activision who has the rights. Of course, I am only speculating. You have only until 25 May to join on the Pinkerton Road Studio website and still benefit from the incentives and being able to beta test the game. I don't regret joining...

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (RebKean, Kaki's Sister, mj2c, Volkana), 77 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users