GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail #823334
07/16/12 12:59 PM
07/16/12 12:59 PM
United Kingdom
Carla Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Carla  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
The retail edition of To the Moon, last year’s independently developed surprise smash hit, is finally available in retail throughout the UK and Ireland.

Quote:
To the Moon is an exciting and unique storytelling project, involving gameplay elements of classic point & click adventures as well as role-playing games. Games journalists and users lauded the game for its story and characters, as well as its exceptional storytelling. Gamespot calls it “one of the most authentic and human stories told in a game in some time”, and later on awarded To The Moon the “Best Story” trophy of the Game of the Year Awards.

To the Moon, independently funded and developed by Kan Gao and his team Freebird Games, tells a story of a technology that allows to alter a person’s memories:

Dr. Eva Rosalene and Dr. Neil Watts have rather peculiar jobs: They control this technology that allows doctors to weave artificial memories, such that a patient can request attempts to alter their mind, and wake up with memories of things that didn’t actually happen.
However, since these new memories are permanent, the conflict between them and the existing authentic memories clash in such a way that it ceases the person’s ability to properly function.
Thus, the operation is only done to people on their deathbeds, to fulfil what they wish they had done with their lives… but didn’t.
The technology requires the doctors to step into the memories of the patient, which are reconstructed as interactive scenes. The doctors then gradually traverse backwards through memories of the patient’s life until they reach childhood — at which point, the wish of the patient in present time would be transferred over.
Along with the doctors’ influence, the patient (as a child) could then lead an entire different life inside their head, working toward and fulfilling their dying wish themselves.
And if all goes well, they would wake up, having lived the dream life they never had, and embrace a brief moment of blissful fulfilment. Shortly after, they’d draw their last breath.
John, the protagonist of To the Moon, is a patient of Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts, and both doctors are about to fulfil his last wish: To weave the memory of having become an astronaut and visited the Moon.

Additionally to winning the “Gamespot – Best Story of 2011” award, To the Moon was listed by Wired as one of “The 20 best videogames of 2011”, won the “Editor’s Choice for best singleplayer Indie 2011” award from IndieDB and became finalist in the “Excellence in audio” category at the 2012 Independent Games Festival.

Additional retail releases follow on August 31st in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, as well as further territories worldwide.

For more details, read Becky's review.

Carla happydance

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”
Re: To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail [Re: Carla] #823335
07/16/12 01:04 PM
07/16/12 01:04 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Carla!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail [Re: Carla] #823346
07/16/12 02:09 PM
07/16/12 02:09 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
That's great that the game is now available on disk! thumbsup

Re: To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail [Re: Becky] #823353
07/16/12 02:31 PM
07/16/12 02:31 PM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
I hope more gamers will be tempted to buy it & not be too put off by the graphical style as it really is a lovely game!

Re: To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail [Re: Carla] #823420
07/17/12 01:37 AM
07/17/12 01:37 AM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
as long as the story is good

s wheeldon
Re: To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail [Re: dragonuk44] #823430
07/17/12 03:47 AM
07/17/12 03:47 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks for that news, Carla !! bravo

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail [Re: Carla] #823435
07/17/12 04:06 AM
07/17/12 04:06 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Thanks Carla! wave

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: To the Moon now available in UK and Irish retail [Re: Becky] #823595
07/17/12 09:17 PM
07/17/12 09:17 PM
On the computer
cruise02 Offline
Addicted Boomer
cruise02  Offline
Addicted Boomer

On the computer
Originally Posted By: Becky
That's great that the game is now available on disk! thumbsup

Yay!! Isn't that great! With the trend of games towards d/l's these days, I'd say its really nice of the devs to put their new releases out in disc form.

I'll have to wait until the 31th of Aug. when the game is released worldwide before I buy myself a disc copy, but its worth the wait. happydance

"AlienBZ to Quasar Command...Have completed all tasks on this planet. Beam me up, please." note: AlienBZ = my other name
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Pandora, curly, TLC), 269 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users