GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#831191 - 08/27/12 02:55 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: CaptainD]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
@CaptainD -- I don't remember exactly. It was just something about Roger Wilco being a Janitor/Captain on Space Quest. The tone in this demo reminds me of the tone in Red Dwarf. Sarcastic, but funny and forgiving with it. That's the best I can put it.

Anyway, I think you're off to a great start and I look forward to seeing the whole game. Keep up the good work! thumbsup

zombie

Edit: Forgot to add the little cameo of me at the end of the message. lol

Edited by SharonB (08/27/12 02:57 PM)

#831306 - 08/28/12 05:18 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
I watched the trailer. Looks like a fun little game for sure! thumbsup

#831336 - 08/28/12 07:31 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Shy Boomer

I'm curious... has anyone found it tough to get the ring? (It's part of the hand scanner puzzle) - I only ask because the last 2 comments I've had on the game on the AGS forums mention that they're stuck. I didn't think it was that difficult, but if people are genuinely struggling with it we may add a subtle hint somewhere in this section while developing the full game.

#831367 - 08/28/12 10:13 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I haven't had a chance to play again CaptainD, but if possible, I will tonight and let you know.

Ana wave

#831393 - 08/28/12 11:38 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Shy Boomer

Okay thanks Ana.

Anyone else feel free to answer the question too! smile

#831425 - 08/28/12 02:51 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
CaptainD -- I didn't have trouble finding the ring. I am, however, having trouble

Click to reveal..
Figuring out how to anesthetize the thumb.

I enjoyed the humor in the demo. wave

#831445 - 08/28/12 04:45 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: Becky]
CaptainD Offline
Shy Boomer

Becky:
Click to reveal..
Have you tried looking round near the transporter pad?

If you need me to be more specific...

Click to reveal..
Have you tried interacting with the coolant pipe?

When you've completed it, can you post your time for me? I'm interested in how long it takes people to play through it.

#831452 - 08/28/12 05:29 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mike_the_Wino Offline
Junior Boomer

Fun game! Looking forward to the full version also. I've been at it for about 80 minutes (with breaks), and have fixed up my hand less the ring, which I simply cannot find! What am I missing? Subtle (or not so) hint anyone?

#831453 - 08/28/12 05:37 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Shy Boomer

Click to reveal..
There's something you've had in your inventory right from the start that might help... there's also somewhere on the ship where things tend to gather...

I hope that helps without giving it away too much!

#831454 - 08/28/12 05:41 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mike_the_Wino Offline
Junior Boomer

Excellent CaptainD! Nice nudge. Was the only place I hadn't tried that....and I've been adventure gaming since the early 70's! Shoulda known...

Cheers! Mike

EDIT: Well CaptainD, I thought you'd like to know that the timer said 116 minutes, but I really only played for like an hour when I finished....left the game up while I took a lunch break. Anyway, great fun! I'll be watching for updates on the full release!

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (09/04/12 02:49 PM)
Edit Reason: combined stacked posts

#831458 - 08/28/12 06:05 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Shy Boomer

That's good because I had planned the demo to take about an hour to complete! smile

I know what you mean about game timers too - Steam's timer frequently adds on hours to my game completion time because it's still on while I have to do other things.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Also, if you encountered anything that you felt was crying out for a funny response / something you were disappointed by when you got a generic response, please post about it in this thread too. I'll try to make sure, as much as possible, that everything players felt really deserved a unique response actually gets one!

EDIT: I've added a poll to the dev blog to see if people thought that puzzle was too difficult - head over to http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/ and cast your vote now!

(We'll put an extra hint in the full game if people thought it was too hard.)

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (09/04/12 02:51 PM)
Edit Reason: combined stacked posts

#831858 - 08/30/12 12:31 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
LTGiants2000 Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Arizona
I played it and I LOVED it! smile

#832550 - 09/02/12 11:56 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Shy Boomer

This is a request for a favour from people who have played the demo (whether or not you liked it!) - could you possibly head over the the AGS Game Page and give it a rating? We've had 224 downloads so far but still not enough ratings for the system to give it an average (I believe 5 is the minimum number).

Thanks everyone!

There's also a poll on the dev blog about the ring puzzle - so far no-one's said they found it too difficult! If you disagree, let me know.

#832551 - 09/02/12 12:02 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I will certainly do that when I get home captainD

#832574 - 09/02/12 02:23 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots Demo Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Shy Boomer

Thanks Tigre! laugh

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (flutist, Draclvr, Marian, barlouwin, kjos, Flo NS, Sorta Blonde, Haroula, 2 invisible), 85 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users