GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#833266 - 09/05/12 03:37 PM Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days!
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Apparently there were quite a few people waiting for this game lol

Quote:
“To reach our target in just 13 days is incredible,” says Charles Cecil, managing director, Revolution Software. “The generosity of fans and supporters, both in terms of money pledged and the passion that they have displayed on the forums, is absolutely overwhelming. I would like to thank each and every person who has taken the time and trouble to pledge their support – and promise that the game we create will reward their faith.

“What’s so exciting is that we’ve still got 16 days to go. So we are in the fantastic position of being able to define ‘stretch goals’ which, if achieved, would allow us to realize our wildest ambitions. Stretch goals will include gameplay that had previously ended up on the cutting room floor, exotic new locations to explore, extra characters - some of which will be familiar - as well as a big surprise.

“Additionally, we are adding extra rewards to those originally defined. These include a free Android version to those who pledge over $25 and confirmation that we will voice in Spanish and Italian as well as English, German and French. We will be announcing more new rewards shortly."

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”

#833268 - 09/05/12 03:40 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Thanks, Carla smile I got the "news email" earlier today and I am SO looking forward to this game yay yay yay

#833269 - 09/05/12 03:44 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Ditto Mad! yay

Thanks Carla!

Ana wave

#833273 - 09/05/12 03:55 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'm the only one who didn't receive the news from them directly? The one I posted was a press release think

“Come what come may,

#833275 - 09/05/12 03:58 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

I've received several "news" emails about the game so far, Carla. [I think as a result of pledging ??]

#833276 - 09/05/12 04:01 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Mad]
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer

I pledged as well, Mad, and I received several emails too, but not this one duh
Never mind, as far as they remember to give the game to me when it's finished lol

Update: I received it just now.

Edited by Carla (09/05/12 04:02 PM)
Edit Reason: updated

“Come what come may,

#833277 - 09/05/12 04:01 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Me too Mad. It came from backing the kickstarter.

Ana wave

#833278 - 09/05/12 04:02 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
oldman Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
I'm hoping that they reach their dream target of 1 million (wishful thinking?) because they wrote in their email that they would then be able to realize a dream of doing Beneath a Steel Sky 2. That's another game I would like to see come to fruition.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#833286 - 09/05/12 04:59 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Woo-hoo! broccoli Beneath a Steel Sky 2, here we come!

#833289 - 09/05/12 05:46 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I certainly congratulate Charles Cecil and his team on surpassing the games goal and the announcement of the stretch goals but am I the only one that finds something wrong with the 1 Million stretch goal reward?

Isn't it presumptuous on Cecils part that the money that the honest contributors gave so they may see another Broken Sword game will be taken and used on another game? This doesn't seem right to me, shouldn't they just have a separate Kickstarter for Beneath a Steel Sky 2. I am not all that sure that using money pledged for one game is even allowed by Kickstarter to be used for something else. Am I the only one?

Other than that I sure will look forward to another revived original adventure series game to play.

#833290 - 09/05/12 06:21 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Greyfuss, they will begin work on the Beneath a Steel Sky 2. THey will do the Broken Sword game first.

Ana wave

#833291 - 09/05/12 06:22 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: GreyFuss]
traveler Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
I haven't read the over 9 thousand comments on the Kickstarter site but I know that quite a few people have said they'd like to see a BaSS 2 and Revolution does seem to be paying attention to what the backers want in regard to all aspects of Broken Sword 5, including its stretch goals. For instance, there was a lot of negative comment about downloadable content that would be available only to backers. They listened and scotched that idea.

I don't see it as presumptuous to say that BaSS 2 could be in the works if they hit a goal of 1 million. They would be building on another very popular Revolution game and they'll find out soon enough if it's an idea their backers aren't going to like or support.

As far as Kickstarter fussing, I doubt it unless they're forced to. Tim's unnamed game and Broken Sword 5 have been quite successful. I doubt that stretch goal is going to give Kickstarter too many sleepless nights.

Gil.

#833294 - 09/05/12 06:39 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Don't get me wrong, I am all for a Beneath a Steel Sky 2 it just strikes me as strange that they drop this in the middle of a different announced Kickstarter game campaign already in progress that was not stated originally. Now if this had been a Kickstarter campaigned similar to Jane Jensen's which was more contributing to a game studio in order for it to make adventure games and announced as such at the beginning so all donators know exactly where the money is going then I can see it. This was a campaign that was strictly for a Broken Sword game. Kickstarter does have rules that apply to whoever wants to start a campaign for anything not just games. I only mention this because it seems odd to me. I guess there would be more discussion if they announced if a stretch goal of 1 million is reached all the overage would be given to their favorite charity or rebel militia cool

#833317 - 09/05/12 08:31 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
HandsFree Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Netherlands
But how much money can you spend on just one game? If they can make it for 400.000 it's already stretching it unreasonably to spend a million on it. The game won't get better by limitless adding characters and locations.

I'm not sure what the kickstarter rules say, but I assume they can regard everything beyond what they need as profit. Using it for a next game that many fans want anyway sounds the best option to me.

#833321 - 09/05/12 08:51 PM Re: Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse reaches goal in 13 days! [Re: Carla]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
If they ever reach one million, it will only be because of BASS 2. So in a way here is a second Kickstarter campaign on top of the first one (since the goal is now reached), and the money will be used exactly for what people will be pledging on from now on to the end, passed the $800,000 mark.

Pinkerton Road Studio did the same with Mystery Game X, so I don't see a problem? I bet that Mystery Game X will be as exciting if not more than Moebius.

I'm all for two adventure games for the price of one pledge within one Kickstarter campaign.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (kjos, Sorta Blonde, niteowl07, BobH, gremlin, traveler, Draclvr, InlandAZ, oldman, Bre), 76 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1, nimos
8519 Registered Users