GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#839548 - 10/01/12 11:14 AM Re: Trying to play Sherlock Holmes, The Awakened with Windows 7 [Re: UruKat]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: UruKat
I got Still Life to run on Windows 7! I installed the patch Creeping Doom told me about, changed compatibility to 4.0 and it runs fine.

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, UruKat.
Enjoy the game.

#954056 - 05/04/14 01:43 PM Re: Trying to play Sherlock Holmes, The Awakened with Windows 7 [Re: UruKat]
Moondancer Offline
Settled Boomer

I feel heartbroken that I cannot play my beloved The Awakened on my 64-bit Win 7 anymore... (Traveller from JA here) Hi Inland and Jenny. smile

I've read the thread and applied all the patches i could find. I wonder if re-installed my VPC and putting my old version of 32 bit XP on it would help?

#954079 - 05/04/14 03:28 PM Re: Trying to play Sherlock Holmes, The Awakened with Windows 7 [Re: UruKat]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
The Awakened won't play in Virtual PC because Virtual PC emulates the old S3 Trio video card from the 1990's that has only 8MB of video RAM and no acceleration. It doesn't meet the system requirements for The Awakened, which requires a minimum of 64MB video RAM.

You could try it in VMware Player or VirtualBox though. Those have experimental video acceleration that might work.

If you try compatibility mode in Windows 7, you should both install in compatibility mode (change compatibility of the Install/Setup file to an earlier version of Windows before running the installer) and also make sure compatibility is set to that earlier version of Windows.

There may also be a problem with the TAGES copy "protection," which may need an update.
http://www.frogwares.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15

#954081 - 05/04/14 03:37 PM Re: Trying to play Sherlock Holmes, The Awakened with Windows 7 [Re: Jenny100]
Moondancer Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks, Jenny! I've tried this:" If you try compatibility mode in Windows 7, you should both install in compatibility mode (change compatibility of the Install/Setup file to an earlier version of Windows before running the installer) and also make sure compatibility is set to that earlier version of Windows."

But, it might be that blasted Tages, so let me try the fix you posted for that before going on to something more drastic.

Thanks!

#954093 - 05/04/14 04:40 PM Re: Trying to play Sherlock Holmes, The Awakened with Windows 7 [Re: UruKat]
Draclvr Online   content
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
If you've never updated the dratted Tages drivers, it will not work in Windows 7 until you do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Flo NS, Draclvr, curly, Rowan, mabeco, Marian, Jarkeld, Haroula, Kickaha, kjos), 78 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users