GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Re: Windows 8 #839821
10/02/12 08:39 PM
10/02/12 08:39 PM
Sun City, AZ
Barry Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Barry  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Sun City, AZ
Is this thing going to be a totally new ballgame horror show or will it be a format we're currently familiar with such as windows 7?

I've seen God, and his name is iPad. Let us pray
yes, I do use my Hairbrush as a Microphone and Dance around in my Underwear. Thank you very much.

Re: Windows 8 [Re: Barry] #839824
10/02/12 08:53 PM
10/02/12 08:53 PM
W
Wincey Offline
Settled Boomer
Wincey  Offline
Settled Boomer
W

I'm hoping for a new ballgame, personally. Windows 7 doesn't let me run games older than around 2005. But every new version of Windows is like that so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Re: Windows 8 [Re: Barry] #839827
10/02/12 08:58 PM
10/02/12 08:58 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Yes to totally new, no to horror show and yes to Windows 7. Doesn't help a bit, does it!

Inland and I have been running Windows 8 for some time. After an initial slight (for me) learning curve, I like it on my strictly desktop, keyboard and mouse quite a lot. It is really fast and has resurrected some pretty old systems that couldn't run Vista. Interesting read here from Paul Thurott... Windows 8 Installfest

Yes, it has the Modern or Metro or whatever they will call it side with the tiles which will contain all your start menu items. It is highly customizable and not nearly the really ugly default screen they have at startup. The Metro Hater's Guide to Customizing Windows 8

Should you prefer a more familiar look and feel, just switch to the desktop side and you're looking at Windows 7. Miss your Start button? There are already some 3rd party solutions out there. I'm using Stardock Start 8, but there are others.

My advice to people is if you have Windows 7 and like it, there is no compelling reason to get Windows 8 for the time being.

Wincey, I'm not sure what games you're having problems with, but in our Windows 7 and Games thread here, we have had excellent success running games much older than 2005. I'm playing Vampire Bloodlines from 2002 on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 right now. I also loaded up Dracula The Last Sanctuary from 2001 on both operating systems and all I had to do was run in it compatibility mode. Check out our thread here... Windows 7 and Games

I'm anticipating Windows 8 will be very much the same as Windows 7 as far as gaming goes.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Windows 8 [Re: Barry] #839832
10/02/12 09:39 PM
10/02/12 09:39 PM
Sun City, AZ
Barry Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Barry  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Sun City, AZ
Thanks Draclvr, I think I'll be staying with Windows 7 to a point where it's not supported anymore.

Regards,

Barry

I've seen God, and his name is iPad. Let us pray
yes, I do use my Hairbrush as a Microphone and Dance around in my Underwear. Thank you very much.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, GamingPhreak), 202 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users