GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#844654 - 10/25/12 02:33 PM Re: A Quitting Smoking Question [Re: looney4labs]
Lotus777 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Oregon
This is an interesting thread. I quit in May and haven't coughed much at at all. I smoked organic cigs and probably about 1/2 pack a day til toward the end when I really ramped it up and made myself sick on them. I think that helped make it easier to quit. I still want one Bad when stressed/upset but it really isn't the smoke I want it is the effect. I fight it off and get over that hump and am okay again. It will be worth it!!!! Good luck to your son L4L, tell him not to give up! yes

#844660 - 10/25/12 02:48 PM Re: A Quitting Smoking Question [Re: looney4labs]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Lotus, he is doing well with it. He has had several major stress events since he started not smoking. Normally, he'd just go back to smoking but this time he has not. wave And thumbsup to you.

#844725 - 10/25/12 08:14 PM Re: A Quitting Smoking Question [Re: looney4labs]
smitty Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Racine WI USA
I quit back in May was at least 5 to 6 weeks before I quit coughing and hacking junk up.

#844734 - 10/25/12 08:43 PM Re: A Quitting Smoking Question [Re: looney4labs]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Smitty, I will pass that along to him. And bravo for you! puppy

#844753 - 10/25/12 09:47 PM Re: A Quitting Smoking Question [Re: looney4labs]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
For some of the more stressful times, I pretend smoke. Deep inhales of air. Calms you down.

#845274 - 10/27/12 07:14 PM Re: A Quitting Smoking Question [Re: oldbroad]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
I haven't had to quit smoking but I have gone thru seminars about on-the-job stress reduction. The only 2 things that stayed with me are the deep breathing one you mentioned OldBroad and the one about visualizing something that makes you happy.

I had to think for a moment about what always put a smile on my face and then I remembered the comedian Gallagher. It just gave me so much pleasure when he would take a big old mallet and pound a watermelon into smithereens. grin Must have been the warrior within me. laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (OrleansBelle, scampy, Volkana, GBC, ergggo, 2 invisible), 62 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
scarend, JALind, maggieann, charlene, mikcik
8522 Registered Users